Old pranks - computing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old pranks - computing

I was talking with my job college about old times when you had only dos, and when qbasic was something. When you had to have bootdisks to increase the game preformance, or just to get unnessesary task gone, to get more memory, or just to start the game. When you had to use the mouse command to get the mouse/mouse pointer to work in a game. When Prince of persia was ownage. :P

So we talked about that, then he remember what they did at school. When you could make the pc speak trough the pcspeaker with a program. So you made a nice autoexec.bat, that runned when you started the computer, making the pc speaker talk dirty.

Ever done any pranks in your school day, computer related?

Ever heard of this program that is able to talk trough the pc speaker, I would gladly have that program. My college didn't remember what it was called. Sure Xp has its own narrator but guess how cool it would sound in the pc speaker? =P Any ideas? I didn't find anything on google, haven't had the time to make a hard search. :rolleyeso
    Endless space, endless exploration.

This has not much to do with the topic, buy my little brother is obsessed with qbasic. Everyone tries to tell him it's a dead language but he won't agree and won't learn anything else. He's a freak.
    Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
    1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
    1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
    1:Chao <ER>> at all
    1:Mantra-Slider> chao
    1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
    Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
    Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

I used to write a lot of prank programs in batch code, because the dumb admins at my school didn't disable batch executions run by users. So I pulled the network cable logged onto the individual workstation, created a shutdown program and extracted it to startup and plugged the network cable back in. No one knew how to fix it for many weeks until they reformatted it.

Comment

I set this picture of a really fat woman with big folds of fat on her legs as the background for every computer on my highschool's network a few years ago. About 30 minutes later they took the entire network down for like 2 days because they didn't know how to fix it.
        sdg

Comment

I put a folded piece of paper in a floppy disc drive?
          Originally posted by Facetious
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I did that, but with a pencil and couldnt get it out. So I karate chopped it in half and tried pushing and tilting it further in.

Comment

formatted every comp on my highschool network once, that was "interesting"..

dont other stuff like keyloggers etc, but not "prank" wise really.
              Displaced> I get pussy every day
              Displaced> I'm rich
              Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
              Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
              Thors> prolly
              Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

I changed the background on the computers in the network in high school to a picture of one of the teachers which I found doing some research. It was a high school picture, moderately entertaining. The students loved it.

Ohh another good one is to take a picture of a person's desktop, icons and all. Then delete all the icons on their desktop and put that wallpaper on. They won't know wtf is wrong with it, lol.
                DELETED

Comment

I stook my best mates head on the guy from little britain's wheelchair body in Paint Shop Pro once.
                  EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                  cool koen> :)
                  PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                  cool koen> not because of a bug
                  EvoLd> Lol
                  Treachery> meh
                  EvoLd> why then?
                  PubAceR> women in power dont last
                  EvoLd> LOl
                  toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                    I changed the background on the computers in the network in high school to a picture of one of the teachers which I found doing some research. It was a high school picture, moderately entertaining. The students loved it.

Ohh another good one is to take a picture of a person's desktop, icons and all. Then delete all the icons on their desktop and put that wallpaper on. They won't know wtf is wrong with it, lol.
                    Hahaha. I've done that to a few people, it's hilarious. Hihgly recommended.
                    (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

[nerd]most recently, google'd for a picture of the blue screen of death then set it to my friends laptop when he went for break during class then auto-hid his taskbar and hid his icons[/nerd]

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                        [nerd]most recently, google'd for a picture of the blue screen of death then set it to my friends laptop when he went for break during class then auto-hid his taskbar and hid his icons[/nerd]
                        I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

If you mean a program that'll talk when you type something, then I have that. There's one called Shit Talker v1.2 by Juandice. You can also customize the voice. You'd probably recognize the default voice because it's used on a lot of TV shows and cartoons.
                          :turned:

Comment

Originally posted by 1ight
                            When Prince of persia was ownage. :P
                            Old times to me are more like.. Sopwith, and Flightmare, Ultima III, Starflight, Wasteland, etc. etc.

I did the batch file stuff, including using one to change the prompt to some fake critical message. Mostly though, in order to terrorize our teachers we'd mostly just catch them with the doors to their classroom open.. and double hand slam them as hard as we could.
                            "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Bologna in the DVD burner. Good times.
                              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                              X