Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Yay, I got a kill!"

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1194672.html?menu=

A Texan hunter wants to give computer gamers the chance to kill things for real with the click of a mouse.

John Lockwood has already hooked up guns to the internet to let people shoot targets on his Texas ranch.

Now he wants to let fans shoot live game through his website, live-shot.com, reports the New York Post.

Mr Lockwood intends to have the remote hunts running early next year with virtual hunters paying up to £40 an hour.

They will be be able to use their computer mouse to operate a camera and rifle pointed at a game feeder set up to attract animals.

Hunters would have to pay more if they kill an animal - up to £1,000 for a buck deer, although there is no guarantee they will see any game.

"I've gotten hate mail calling me a sick, despicable redneck," said Mr Lockwood, 39, a lifelong hunter.

"But the technology for hunters keeps evolving, from bowhunting to high-powered rifles. This is just another step forward, another tactical advantage."

Kevin Armstrong, president of the New York Bowhunters Association, was not impressed.

"Sitting remotely and pushing a button to kill another animal is nothing but perverse 21st-century slaughter," he said.

lol B)

:gun2:
    Code:
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
    1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
    1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
    1:lnx> kk
    1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

its a natural step

i'd rather be there though.
      sage

Comment

Mom> Son, what are you doing?
        Son> Hunting big game
        Mom> That's nice dear. Don't forget to clean up your room, take out the garb...
        Son>Mom! Shut up! You made me just miss a bald eagle!

Using the internet to point and click at wildlife hundreds of miles away simply cannot classify as hunting, that is unless that guy sends you your kill through FedEX so you can eat it for dinner that night. Otherwise it's just murder. I'd like to point and click that sick motherfucker and see how he likes his adpating technology, between his eyes!

Comment

hi hahah thats cool
          EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
          cool koen> :)
          PRiMORDiAL> pfft
          cool koen> not because of a bug
          EvoLd> Lol
          Treachery> meh
          EvoLd> why then?
          PubAceR> women in power dont last
          EvoLd> LOl
          toaster oven reviews

Comment

Its just dumb. This is the kind of shit that leads to extinction of animals. Generations from now they'll be looking back and calling us savages and retards and shit. Digging our hole deeper. Not good at all.
            audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
            DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
            Azreal> LOloL
            cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Maybe I could convert this into a fly-swatter and have random people through out the world rid my room of pesky pests for free.

Comment

Originally posted by cook
                Its just dumb. This is the kind of shit that leads to extinction of animals. Generations from now they'll be looking back and calling us savages and retards and shit. Digging our hole deeper. Not good at all.
                I live in San Antonio TX, and let me tell you there is no shortage of deer in Texas.

Comment

Imagine if the military comes up with androids controlled like you control a CS player, like they have with these hunting turrets. Imagine the next generation super-solider being a CS player.... hell, with people like me around, nothing would stop us. ^_-
                  DELETED

Comment

Just simply buy Deer Hunter 2005 - its a lot more fun.

Comment

WHat happens when a guy accidentally walks in front of the gun thinking no one is online and the person, who's detached from the reality that they are killing a real person, shoots. Good game, one less psycho redneck.
                      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                      Message has been sent to online moderators
                      2:BLeeN> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>no
                      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                      2:BLeeN> ok then no
                      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

lol that would suck.
                        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

It's just gonna generate more laziness -_-

Comment

thats texas, cowboys

Comment

Originally posted by Under Dog
                              WHat happens when a guy accidentally walks in front of the gun thinking no one is online and the person, who's detached from the reality that they are killing a real person, shoots. Good game, one less psycho redneck.
                              More importantly, how much would they charge?
                              Originally posted by Facetious
                              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                              X