Guild wars - Next betaEvent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild wars - Next betaEvent

The next Beta Weekend Event will start Friday morning, January 7th.
    The game will probably be out ~03/22/05, or early in 2005 as they say.

I'll just post some information about Guild wars, for you who don't know what guildwars is.
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/guild...l?q=guild+wars

Originally posted by www.guildwars.com, game faq

How much will Guild Wars cost?
    Guild Wars will be priced at a comparable cost to other first tier PC games.

What kind of game is Guild Wars?
    Guild Wars is a competitive online role-playing game. Players can engage in cooperative group combat, in single player adventures, or in large head-to-head guild battles. Guild Wars is a mission-based game set in a stunning 3D fantasy world that offers full, integrated support for guilds. Because the team that is developing Guild Wars has had experience creating successful online game series such as Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo, the members are familiar with the complex issues surrounding online games, and are creating a game that's both easy to learn and compelling to play long term, and yet doesn’t require players to spend hundreds of hours slogging through the preparation just to get to the fun bits.

Is Guild Wars an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)?
    Guild Wars has some similarities to existing MMORPGs, but it also has some key differences.

Like existing MMOs, Guild Wars is played entirely online in a secure hosted environment. Thousands of players inhabit the same virtual world. Players can meet new friends in gathering places like towns and outposts where they form parties and go questing with them. Unlike many MMOs, when players form a party and embark upon a quest in Guild Wars, they get their own private copy of the area where the quest takes place. This design eliminates some of the frustrating gameplay elements commonly associated with MMOs, such as spawn camping, kill stealing, and lines to complete a quest.

Guild Wars takes place in a large virtual world made up of many different zones, and players can walk from one end of the world to the other. But Guild Wars eliminates much of the tedium of traveling through the world. Players can instantly return to any safe area (town or outpost) that they've previously visited just by clicking on it in the world overview map.

Rather than labeling Guild Wars an MMORPG, we prefer to call it a CORPG (Competitive Online Role-Playing Game). Guild Wars was designed from the ground up to create the best possible competitive role-playing experience. Success in Guild Wars is always the result of player skill, not time spent playing or the size of one's guild. As characters progress, they acquire a diverse set of skills and items, enabling them to use new strategies in combat. Players can do battle in open arenas or compete in guild-on-guild warfare or the international tournament. But engaging in combat is always the player's choice; there is no player-killing in cooperative areas of the world.

Finally, unlike existing MMOs, all characters in Guild Wars inhabit the same virtual world -- they are not divided onto different servers or shards -- so players can always team up with or compete against any other player in the world.

Can I be killed by other players?
    While Guild Wars has player vs. player combat, you're in control: you can choose to join in competitive missions and receive acclaim for conquering other gamers, or you can reap the rewards of solo adventures or cooperative team missions with an entirely different set of challenges.

Will the game have guild support? Will there be ladders and tournaments?
    Guild Wars, as evidenced by its name, will have broad support for game guilds, including integrated support for worldwide tournaments and ladders, the ability for a guild to own and operate a guildhall, private guild forums, and more. You can find the current Guild Wars Ladder on this link
    Here is a link of the full faq, if you are intrested in reading. http://www.guildwars.com/faq/default.html

Request/wish! V.I.M!*
    Currently I don't have any one-weekend key, and I can't pre-order. So if there is someone out there that has pre-ordered Guild wars, and still have the "share with friend" key (one beta event weekend key). Please I beg you, contact me in-game, or by messaging me in-game (in ss), or you can drop me message here on the forums. I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
    (V.I.M = Very important matter, ^-^)
    Endless space, endless exploration.

[Update-o]:
    Game might come out 1st feb 2005 boys and girls!

EDIT: You might get one key from http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter/guildwars/ , if you are a member. ( I haft to test this out at home )
    Last edited by 1ight; 12-22-2004, 08:49 AM.

Comment

So its is tomorrow, the day someone of us had been waiting for!
      If you don't have a key, go and check the link I gave in my previous post. If you don't get it to work, you can contact me in-game with either pm or ?message, depending if I'm online or not. Else you can pm right here. I have 1 key left out of 5. So I'm willing to give out a key to someone that is intrested in trying out guild wars, and that might just buy the game later. This key has not been used, since it came with my pre-order package.

If you get really desperate to contact me, you can go to /server irc.gamesurge.net, /j #guildhall and message Wrath5.

Anyway, before askin you should check out the fileplanet thingy.

See you in space or in the world of guild wars.

Comment

Someones a little addicted.
        Thrashing> "That'll be 25.99, thank you for buying, please come again"
        Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
        Thrashing> Like that, Ott?
        Catgirl> rofl
        Missy> o.O im so leaving this chat

Kim> hal, say fit of rage sucks ballz
        fit of r> here, i'll do it for you
        fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
        Kim> loool
        fit of r> I LOVE BIG HAIRY MAN BALLS

Comment

super BUMP

Hope mine works if I try
          hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
          !

Comment

Spybreak, I can put you in the TW Guild.

Add Dameon Angell or Dameon Archangell to your friends list. Just do both 1 should work.
            DELETED

Comment

ok, i started playing thi (thanks 1ight!)

what's all your names?

Sam The Man

Comment

Alright they made the guilds much, much harder to make this time around

Apparently you have to win the Tournament game at the Tomb of Ancient Kings. My team beat this Korean team. Big, big accomplishment for the Americans. We destroied everyone in our way until we got bored and left, lol. I was the front Tank Warrior/Monk.

Anyways, then I had to buy this scroll for 200 gold to make the guild. Kinda pissed me off. But I finally got it done.

Message one of the 2 following names to get into the guild.

Albel the Wicked (level 20 Necromancer / Elementalist)
                Dameon Angell (Lvl 5 Necromancer / Elementalist)
                Terran Marine (Lvl 20 Warrior / Monk)

Those are both me, but I dunno which one to message for you to get it right. lol. I know spybreak whispered me asking about it. But yeah, those are my 2 names, hit me up to get in the guild. Maybe we can start doing Guild vs Guild matches.
                DELETED

Comment

nerds
                  :wub: GammaHydroxyButyrate :wub:

Comment

ahaha

Comment

sucks.
                      The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Working...
                      X