Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act, Signed into law today by Gee-Dubya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act, Signed into law today by Gee-Dubya

The raw details of the Act:
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1297352/posts

ACLU letter to Congress about this act:
    http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/Safe...ID=17154&c=206

Originally posted by ACLU
    First, the bill still includes an expansion of federal wiretapping power that would eliminate (for non-citizens) the fundamental requirement for foreign intelligence wiretapping - that the target be connected to a foreign power. This expansion flies in the face of the 9-11 Commission’s own report, which found a misunderstanding of existing surveillance law, not a lack of power, was at the heart of pre-9/11 missed opportunities.

Second, the bill also includes automatic pretrial detention for terrorism suspects, even when the government cannot show, as current law requires, that a suspect is a danger or a flight risk. The Justice Department abused its detention powers after 9-11 and has a record of making accusations of involvement in terrorism in pretrial hearings without evidence to support those accusations.

Finally, the bill also includes an amendment to the "material support" statute that would further criminalize association with groups the government labels as foreign terrorist organizations. For the first time, mere membership in such an organization is made a federal crime. While the bill also includes an explicit requirement that a defendant must have some knowledge of an organization’s status as a designated foreign terrorist organization or involvement in terrorist activities, this intent requirement does not cure the constitutional flaws of the statute. It is still a crime to provide otherwise lawful humanitarian assistance to a designated organization and "terrorism" is still defined far too broadly.
    Conservative view on it:
    http://www.gopusa.com/news/2004/dece...l_reform.shtml

BUSH 4 PREZ
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Damn, I love tax returns.
    Reclusion
    "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

i haven't gotten my w-2 yet, what I am gonna do!!!!
      To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
      brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

NAACP? Sounds like an acronym for terror. Lock 'em up, lock 'em up!
        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by ACLU
          Second, the bill also includes automatic pretrial detention for terrorism suspects, even when the government cannot show, as current law requires, that a suspect is a danger or a flight risk. The Justice Department abused its detention powers after 9-11 and has a record of making accusations of involvement in terrorism in pretrial hearings without evidence to support those accusations.
          I have two words for the ACLU:

Habeus motherfucking corpus
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

i'm pretty sure that's three words

Comment

aclu is a politcal machine, and i value their opinion about as high as i value most of your opinions
              brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

So you choose to disregard the issue entirely, because the ACLU are just one of the organizations that have a problem with it? How very Alabama of you.

Comment

Originally posted by jeem
                  i'm pretty sure that's three words
                  I'm pretty sure that you're a tool.
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                    I have two words for the ACLU:

Habeus motherfucking corpus
                    i have two words for fit of rage,

wait no i don't

lmao
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
                      So you choose to disregard the issue entirely, because the ACLU are just one of the organizations that have a problem with it? How very Alabama of you.
                      yes, and it's texas you numbskull.

oh a whole, I will almost always take the opposite side of the issue the aclu takes. If for nothing else than to piss off people like you.

Comment

I guess you missed the joke. But since you have admitted your propensity to troll, I guess it's irrelevant anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
                          i have two words for fit of rage,

wait no i don't

lmao
                          That;s the first post you've made that's made me laugh.

Good job!
                          "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                          X