The Concept of Arranged Marriages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Concept of Arranged Marriages

Well, it seems bad to all of you for a reason. As the christmas and new year parties starts rolling along, there is an old habit of asian parents trying to find you a suitable mate. Forget the fact that you already have a significant other in your life, we're talking about something way more serious than your fuck buddy or the girl that gives you head for fixing her computer. We're talking long term, love at first sight, five carat diamond ring, for the rest of your life, bullshit.

Admittingly, most of these girls did look alright. The thought has crossed my mind that maybe I should just go ahead with the indecent proposals because I was just thinking with the wrong head.

First off, by introducing you with the pretenses already in mind, it kills the conversation. Baby, you're really pretty but the silly thing is that i'm real and this situation is too fake for me now lets stop trying to carry a conversation that was dead before it even began I don't want to know you like that so stop reaching for the bulge in my pants. Word to your mother.

Even worse, her parents are there and eager to ask you superficial questions about your life such as: "What are your career plans?", "How much money will you be making?" And all the while I'm like, "well, you know I'm going to get my PHD in rhetorical analysis, and then I plan on being homeless for awhile while I'm writing my first book... I don't really have a problem living in a paper box and getting food from the dumpsters, i'm pretty sure I can get her a house too cuz I know a dumpster behind Best Buy where theyre just throwing cardboard away!"
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

uhhhhhh, ok what now?
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

yep im creating a new TW division simply for arranged marriages.
      Its called Trench Wars Marriage Pimps (TWMP)

qualifications:

1) Be an e-girl
      2) act like an e-girl
      3) send in fake pictures of yourself to TWMP@trenchwars.org

Questions? Great. Lets get on with it then, we've still got over 300+ men out there in the trenches looking for that perfect soul mate
      audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
      DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
      Azreal> LOloL
      cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Betrothing went out with bell-bottoms. It's not fashionable.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Old habit of Asian parents? What century are your parents living in? Geez.. no one does that anymore, you're messed up lol. Wait unless you're Japanese, I hear they do stuff like that still. But then you can't even spell konichiwa

Actually I just came up with a theory that arranged marriages are a reason why in a certain part of the world women have no rights and get beat on. I mean hey, if you were forced to marry some ugly and stupid woman you've never seen before, you'd be mad too right?
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
            Forget the fact that you already have a significant other in your life, we're talking about something way more serious than your fuck buddy or the girl that gives you head for fixing her computer.
            Trademarked Bioture writing style.

I have $5,000...anyone selling a Hmong girl? I'll give you $7,500 if she's Mien.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
              Old habit of Asian parents? What century are your parents living in? Geez.. no one does that anymore, you're messed up lol. Wait unless you're Japanese, I hear they do stuff like that still. But then you can't even spell konichiwa

Actually I just came up with a theory that arranged marriages are a reason why in a certain part of the world women have no rights and get beat on. I mean hey, if you were forced to marry some ugly and stupid woman you've never seen before, you'd be mad too right?
              When I talk about "arranged marriages" of course it was in a very liberal sense. There isn't actually a person you HAVE to marry, but Asian parents do like playing a part in picking your wife for you. They like introducing you to people that they think makes a good match - this is very true today.

Oddly enough, my parents are doing this when they themselves met under completely ordinary circumstances. Almost every aunt and uncle in my family knew each other through such a means of inter-family planning and politics.

I'm not Japanese, and I truely apologize for offending you with my "Romanji"
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
                When I talk about "arranged marriages" of course it was in a very liberal sense. There isn't actually a person you HAVE to marry, but Asian parents do like playing a part in picking your wife for you. They like introducing you to people that they think makes a good match - this is very true today.

Oddly enough, my parents are doing this when they themselves met under completely ordinary circumstances. Almost every aunt and uncle in my family knew each other through such a means of inter-family planning and politics.

I'm not Japanese, and I truely apologize for offending you with my "Romanji"
                I'm not Japanese either, I'm Chinese, just making fun of your sig since you feel you have to point it out

No asian people I know (including my parents and relatives) do stuff like that. Only see that kinda stuff on TV. From what I know REAL Asian parents just say 'don't talk to any girls, they'll affect your marks' and then one day you're finished school and they expect you to get married And I don't mean by people they introduce to you, you gotta find them yourself, you just have to find a good person who will be very family oriented (i.e. have to love your family), although that's like most people out there I would think.
                Last edited by Epinephrine; 12-25-2004, 02:20 AM.
                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                  For some reason, i think Epi was forced to marry TelCat :fear:

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                    For some reason, i think Epi was forced to marry TelCat :fear:
                    ewwwwwwwww
                    Originally posted by Tone
                    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Working...
                    X