No announcement yet.

Jehova's Witnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mostly, they're annoying fuckers who try to convert your beliefs, which I think is fucking disgusting, The pushy fuckers should be massacred.

Comment

The last time I knew, there was no 'worldwide church of Christ', but rather about 10 different denominations of Christianity; Catholic, Protestant, Baptist etc.

So if Jehovah's Witnesses want to call themselves Christians, even though they don't agree with other denominations, I don't really have a problem with that.
      - k2

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
        It is als interesting to note that 80% of Americans believe that the Bible is the word of God.
        80? 50 at the most.
        sage

Comment

Originally posted by K2Grey
          The last time I knew, there was no 'worldwide church of Christ', but rather about 10 different denominations of Christianity; Catholic, Protestant, Baptist etc.

So if Jehovah's Witnesses want to call themselves Christians, even though they don't agree with other denominations, I don't really have a problem with that.
          Sorry, I meant to say "churches." There is a united church of christ, although I have no idea as to its reaches overseas.

The point i was trying to make with the whole denominations thing is that all denominations of christianity does not acknowledge Jehovas Witnesses as even being a religion. And no denomination of christianity has a bible made of their own, although depictions are different.
          TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
          TelCat> hoes get paid :(
          TelCat> i dont

Comment

There are different Bibles for different denominations, but they essentially say the same thing more or less.
            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
              I'm not sure what version of the bible you're referring to, but hell is often associated with physical pain. Wailing, gnashing of teeth, unbelievers being thrown into a lake of burning sulpher, etc.

I mean, if Christianity was honest about offering legitimate peace and salvation, there'd be no need to terrorize people with an eternal punishment---real peace and salvation sells itself.
              I'm not particularly sure of your experiences with christianity, but if a person goes around telling to do certain things or else you'll burn in hell, then that person isn't doing the right thing to spread the faith.

My original point (which you sort of ignored in this post) is that you are not supposed to use hell as recruiting tool. Jesus never told anyone to go out and scare people that doesn't share your beliefs, but rather to share the love, love your enemies, etc. And if Jesus and God are one, his teachings are actually the teachings (or the word) of God.

Peace and salvation doesn't sell itself, it isn't something you can earn or buy - it is given by the grace of God. Likewise with the "hell" argument, I can't really sell the whole "peace and salvation" if the person has no belief or faith, and only accepts what I tell them as factual. So a person can live a perfectly good christian life, do all the christian things with one thing in mind - get into heaven, but never really get there because they never loved Jesus, simply the idea of an eternal afterlife.
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
                There are different Bibles for different denominations, but they essentially say the same thing more or less.
                I know of three different ones
                Catholics-they have the macabee books in them.
                Mormons (if you count them)-have their own completely different bible type book
                and then the rest run off of NKJV or NIV. Both same translation just different words, with NIV being more common speech.
                To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
                  I'm not particularly sure of your experiences with christianity, but if a person goes around telling to do certain things or else you'll burn in hell, then that person isn't doing the right thing to spread the faith.

My original point (which you sort of ignored in this post) is that you are not supposed to use hell as recruiting tool. Jesus never told anyone to go out and scare people that doesn't share your beliefs, but rather to share the love, love your enemies, etc. And if Jesus and God are one, his teachings are actually the teachings (or the word) of God.
                  Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't really get that in your post except at the very end. Most of it was spent on discrediting them, so I just figured your main point was that Jehovah's Witnesses are lamers, and you were giving reasons why you felt that way.

Christians use different recruiting methods for different people. Sometimes offering peace is a non-threatening way of recruiting people, others respond better to the threat of hell. Either way, Jesus did both offer love, and threaten the consequences of hell for the unrepentant. To say Jesus didn't use fear as a tactic is simply untrue. It's peppered throughout the bible where he speaks of what punishment will be metted out to sinners and unbelievers.

Peace and salvation doesn't sell itself, it isn't something you can earn or buy - it is given by the grace of God.
                  Errm...it was just a metaphor, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by pandagirl89
                    It was inspired by God, or "God breathed" as it said in like New King James Version.
                    aka the holy spirit.....my least favorite of the Trinity members
                    Originally posted by Tone
                    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

this is an interesting post, my boss at work is a witness. He tells me things i do are bad and why i shouldn't do them and when i say i don't care it bugs him...

When i ask him questions abuot why they don't celebtrate any holidays, it always comes down to it has pagan roots. He goes on about heathens and that new years is the a celebratoin of the birht of the sun which was celebrated by a heathen group of people. He explained to me that heathen was a person that believed in more than one god which is just wrong!

don't get me wrong i like my boss but twhen he goes off on religious talks i tend to put my head down and conitue working.
                      There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Working...
                      X