the forum revamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the forum revamp

it seems to me that useless crap, testing, and recycled humor have been getting more attention now that they've been moved up to the top of the page, before general discussion

isn't this exactly what we didn't want?

the best way to view tw forums:

add the "New Posts" page to favs.

Comment

Whats wrong with that?

General discussion isnt very exciting anyway.
      Thrashing> "That'll be 25.99, thank you for buying, please come again"
      Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
      Thrashing> Like that, Ott?
      Catgirl> rofl
      Missy> o.O im so leaving this chat

Kim> hal, say fit of rage sucks ballz
      fit of r> here, i'll do it for you
      fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
      Kim> loool
      fit of r> I LOVE BIG HAIRY MAN BALLS

Comment

I'm not sure what to make of whats happened. I wanted to try and remove the totally completely useless threads in useless crap and encourage the decent threads in general discussion, and so far I've achieved half of those aims. We're yet to start advertising these forums heavily which will bring some new members and new life which'll be interesting, and I'm trying to think of the ways of trying to get the people who read these forums yet don't post to actually post
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Is it possible to limit it so that new threads cannot be created in Useless Crap, while still allowing responses? That way, what would happen is that the only way for more new threads in the UC forum to exist is for them to have been moved there from other forums.

I think that would reinforce the idea of UC being the forum garbage pile. The downside might be that it might mean more work for forum mods.

Comment

Wow TK, that is a really good idea and is definately possible.
            sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
              Is it possible to limit it so that new threads cannot be created in Useless Crap, while still allowing responses? That way, what would happen is that the only way for more new threads in the UC forum to exist is for them to have been moved there from other forums.

I think that would reinforce the idea of UC being the forum garbage pile. The downside might be that it might mean more work for forum mods.
              they'll move to trash talk.
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Most of the people come to TW forums for entertainment and most of the "entertaining" threads get moved to UC/Trash Talk, but because people are vain, they would like to stay in general discussion in an effort to show that they are not drawn to useless craps/trash talks. Deep inside, they are dying to read those threads and secretly they want to reply to them too.

In order to solve this problem, I highly suggest that we rename the "Useless Craps Forum" to "Less Useful Forum" and the "Trash Talk forum" to " "Trensh Talk forum". In accompany to that, we would rename the"General Discussion Forum" to "All Others".

probelm Solved! one cookie for the Kitty :lol:
                Last edited by T3l Ca7; 01-11-2005, 10:59 PM.
                ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Useless Crap, or Trash Talk. Either way we'll only need one thread to house Spacely, Spacely & Flamers Pty Ltd. I'm sick of looking at new threads only to find that it's gone horribly off topic, again.

Comment

lost cause
                    let us take pause
                    remember the good times?
                    the past was a blast
                    but the future is
                    six feet under
                    a neverending blunder
                    so put on your apathy cap
                    and let's not care
                    let's not care together
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

just remove the useless crap, and trash
                      Code:
                      1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                      1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                      1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                      1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                      1:lnx> kk
                      1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Then it'll all get posted in General Discussion.

I really like TK's idea, why didn't you say this two weeks ago? The other idea mooted is to move Useless Crap and Trash Talk into a seperate group and collapse it on the main page, much like the squad forums
                        Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Well, I didn't think about it two weeks ago for one thing. And when I did think of it, I wanted to give a little time to see how the changes you did make would turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by T3l Ca7
                            Most of the people come to TW forums for entertainment and most of the "entertaining" threads get moved to UC/Trash Talk, but because people are vain, they would like to stay in general discussion in an effort to show that they are not drawn to useless craps/trash talks. Deep inside, they are dying to read those threads and secretly they want to reply to them too.
                            Yeah because I REALLY care about what a bunch of strangers on a forum think about what I read.
                            "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

That defeats some of the point in discussing opinions and such on forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X