X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sideways

Greatest movie I have ever seen.

Period.

There is nothing to be said beyond this. Definitly one of the funniest movies of the year, and undoubtly the most realistic portrail of life as the middle age man views it. It has it's share of graphic (Full Frontal Male Nudity) and vulgar (one long rough sex scene), but this adds to the realistic sense of the movie.

Both actors (Paul Giamatti and Thomas Haden Church) play their roles perfectly and portray the exact replica of a normal human being. The dialouge is genius and the story is extremely inticing.

A huge two thumbs up and a definite A+ for a grade.
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Perhaps you could tell me in a little detail about the storyline, genre and all that other stuff.

Comment

I'll take it from the website for then I won't ruin anything or mis-speak:

Originally posted by Fox Searchlight Productions
      The misadventures begin when Miles (Paul Giamatti), an un-recovered divorcé and would-be novelist with a wine fixation, decides to gift his old college buddy and washed-up actor Jack (Thomas Haden Church) with a celebratory trip to the vineyards of the Central Coast the week before Jack's wedding. The two couldn't be an odder couple. Jack is an over-sexed charmer; Miles is a sad-sack worrier. Jack is looking for his "last taste of freedom;" Miles is just hoping to not get even more depressed. Jack is fine with cheap Merlot; Miles pines for the perfect Pinot. Indeed, the only thing they seem to share in common is the same heady mix of failed ambitions and fading youth.

And yet, as they make their way up the coast, Miles and Jack soon find themselves drowning in wine and women (Sandra Oh and Virginia Madsen). When Jack falls head-over-heels for a local wine pourer and threatens to call off his nuptials, Miles tries to keep his friend on the straight and narrow. But Miles's own romantic encounter with a wine-savvy waitress interferes and sends them both careening headlong into reality.

Now, the wedding approaches and with it the certainty that Miles and Jack won't make it back to Los Angeles unscathed or unchanged . . . if they get there in one piece at all.
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

I've always found Thomas Haden Church to be lumbering and wooden but I hear his performance in Sideways was pretty good.

Comment

it was a good movie i liked a lot. loaded with funny parts but you dont know whether to laugh or cry.
          Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
          apt>yes u can wtf
          apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
          apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
          apt>so i dont miss the toilet
          Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
          apt>na
          apt>ill show you pictures
          apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

it's not by any stretch the greatest movie i have ever seen, but it's definitely worth going to watch
              Originally posted by Ward
              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

This has been on my gotta see -list for some time
                last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                  it's not by any stretch the greatest movie i have ever seen, but it's definitely worth going to watch
                  It was the adrenaline running through me after just seeing it. Reconsidering, I think I would definitely put it Top 5.

Forrest Gump is still better.

Comment

for me, this movie was all about giamatti's performance. brilliant. he nailed it even better than he did in splendor, which had a better movie crafted around his performance but hey

sideways is great because it's simple: road trip movie, two friends movie, relationship movie, neurosis movie. it's like a middle-aged 'y tu mama tambien' with more depression and receding hairlines.
                    Originally posted by Ward
                    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

i liked it a lot
                      5:gen> man
                      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

I hate it when movies are limited release only.
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Virginia Madsen was a bitch but Thomas Haden Church did a very good job (dunno about the rest but I haven't found anything interesting in him before this. I've only seen The Badge and Rolling Kansas with him in it I think, though). Worth your time but there is no way I'll call it one of the best, sorry fandango
                          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                          5: Da1andonly> =((
                          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Ok, that's it. You've convinced me to see it today.

Can't believe only 1 theatre in my city has it, since everyone's said it's good. I can't tell if it's going to eventually expand, or if it's almost going to be on DVD.... :scratcheshead:

Comment

It was ok, but not my top five. I will say this though, Giammati, or however u spell his name should win an Oscar for this. Fuck Johnny Depp, Neverland sucked, Giammati was brilliant, and he deserves to be rewarded. Mr. Hayden Church wasnt so bad either.
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Working...
                              X