Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim Burton rules
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

I wasn't aware that The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was goign to be a film, I loved the books and saw a live production of the story at the Mississauga Living Arts Centre which is where a lot of under-budget plays are put on in my city.
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Cops
        Recently I saw lemony snicket's a series of unfortunate events with my girlfriend and it must have been a series of unfortunate money loses.
        That sucks. The books, even though they are for kids, are quite clever and good.

There are a few movies that I'm excited about, but I don't know if they'll be good or not: Charlie and Chocolate Factory, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Fantastic Four, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith, and Batman Begins.
        Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

The official title is "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe" which would imply that they're leaving room in the future for at least one other book from the series. The director is Andrew Adamson who was one of the writers and directors behind the Shrek films so that's a positive going for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Puppet Master
            Looking forward to The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie, Batman Begins and Star Wars III. Also, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but only because Tim Burton directed it, which also reminds of Corpse Bride that's coming out in 2005 or 6.
            Naturally I'm a HHGTTG fan, but the problem is I'm afraid the movie will be a let down, especially since Douglas Adams isn't alive to make critiques.
            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
              The official title is "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe" which would imply that they're leaving room in the future for at least one other book from the series. The director is Andrew Adamson who was one of the writers and directors behind the Shrek films so that's a positive going for it.
              Awesome, is it going to have real actors right? When I was younger those books were one of the few that drew my interest. I've rented all the videos from my local libary. They're actually not too bad.
              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I'm -really- surprised that you guys are the The Chronicles of Narnia type... wow, tw is great.

Comment

Why does that surprise you?

Comment

Normaly people (expecialy people in tw) allow there believes to affect what they listen too, watch, or read. For instance, how many of you have listen to any christian music? (yes there is good ""religious"" music)

Switchfoot (other christian bands) and mtv are a good example to show how most of the nation responds to good artistic 'things' that promote something they don't believe in. Have you -ever- seen a song on mtv that has any relevant religious meaning? No?

The Chronicles of Narnia retells the story of Jesus using the lion, granted it's not boring or as bold as some seem to asume comes packaged with religious underlings. I just wrongly assumed that the tw population would let their bias attitudes get in the way of enjoying good works of art. *breaths in a breath of open minded fresh air* :thumbsup:

Anyways lets not turn this into a religious conversation... http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney...of_narnia.html

Comment

Lets say im athiest, can I worship myself and say that i am god? Or is that against the athiest belief?

(jk of course :P )
                      k8> (both my dad's are gay :( )

Comment

chronicles of narnia (gonna re-read the books since i read them in grade 2)
                        star wars 3 (even tho i think haydensen is the worst actor of all time)
                        a shitload of belated movies i missed (house of flying daggers etc)

further down the road:
                        potter 4
                        indy 4
                        spider 3
                        xmen 3
                        star wars 7
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

that's right, i forgot,
                          lucas owes us another star wars film

he tried to trick me
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Vitron
                            Normaly people (expecialy people in tw) allow there believes to affect what they listen too, watch, or read. For instance, how many of you have listen to any christian music? (yes there is good ""religious"" music)

Switchfoot (other christian bands) and mtv are a good example to show how most of the nation responds to good artistic 'things' that promote something they don't believe in. Have you -ever- seen a song on mtv that has any relevant religious meaning? No?

The Chronicles of Narnia retells the story of Jesus using the lion, granted it's not boring or as bold as some seem to asume comes packaged with religious underlings. I just wrongly assumed that the tw population would let their bias attitudes get in the way of enjoying good works of art. *breaths in a breath of open minded fresh air* :thumbsup:

Anyways lets not turn this into a religious conversation... http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney...of_narnia.html
                            I may act like a cunt online but I have a pretty open mind.

Comment

isn't evenescence pretty religious? And faith hill I too I think.
                              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Vitron

yeah, CS Lewis may be the most influential spiritual writer since the evangalists. He wrote "The Great Divorce," which in my mind, perfectly portrays what Heaven, Hell, and even Purgatory should be like. It's a good book, u should read it. All of u, even if u aren't religious, it's a good book on human morality.

As far as religious bands, MXPX is considered Christian Rock, and they used to go to the Catholic church up the road. And of course, being from Bremerton, u hafta like MXPX and the Presidents of the United States of America, as well as Sir Mix a Lot, and Bill Nye.
                                Originally posted by Tone
                                Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Working...
                                X