Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Sin City' Movie Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/sin_city.html

This is a new Bruce Willis movie called 'Sin City'. I thought it looked pretty badass, check out the trailer.

Umm, I won't talk about it until other people start posting so I know ya'll saw it.
    DELETED

I saw that awhile ago, looks hot.
    ()_()
    (0.o)
    (")(")

Comment

Oh crap it crashed my univ's pc
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

im gonna see that. i hope it stays black and white like that the whole movies. looks so tight.

Comment

that looks to be the first trailer, theres an 8 minute one floating around somewhere

Comment

That trailer was pretty kickass, I definately like the style they are going for with this one. I'm guessing this is based off a comic, can anyone give a quick summary (no spoilers please) of the comic series?
            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Del Toro is in it, I'm sold. They better not fuck it up, though. This is the kind of movie that has a high flop potential.

Comment

Just a few quick points.

1. I'm kind of over the whole "comic-to-movie" adaptations, but then again, I've never liked comic books ever.

2. It looks very cool, because most comic book adaptations don't really utilize the artistic style of the original genre and incorporate that into the movie (kinda like Monkey Bone and Roger Rabbit did), and this one LOOKS like it's going to pull it off attractively.

3. The cast is fucking great.

4. Robert Rodriguez is directing it, and he's a pretty talented guy, with a diverse catalog of experience. Out of the list of people who could pull off this project, he's definitely on it.

Comment

When I first saw this movie trailer, I was blown away by the fact that it's all in black and white, except for some characters who have colours to them for reasons. But just looking at the cast and the visual style, I'm totally psyched to see this.
                  DELETED

Comment

Hehe

mix Max Payne with cars from Mafia, throw in a few hot girls and a good actor (Benicio Del Toro :wub: ) and BOOM, you got yourself a top class movie..

Hope the plot will be as interesting as the set up seems.
                    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                    5: Da1andonly> =((
                    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Frank Miller is the legendary comic book creator who revolutionized the characters of Daredevil and Batman, making them more dark and gritty than ever before. Sin City is his critically acclaimed creator-owned crime noir series. The Sin City movie is based on three different Sin City stories: Sin City (now called The Hard Goodbye), The Big Fat Kill, and That Yellow Bastard.

Not with a bang, and not with a whimper. The first story about The Town Without Pity starts just as it should: a big ugly guy and a dame that smells like angels ought to smell, in a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town. But that room becomes heaven and that dame's the perfect woman. The goddess. Goldie.

A guy like Marv, big and ugly, he doesn't get a whole bunch of chances with dames like Goldie. So when he wakes up three hours later and someone's killed his goddess, he figures he'll find that someone and return the favor. But it won't be quick and quiet, the way it was with Goldie. It'll be loud and nasty.

Criminals have always called the shots in Sin City, whether bootleggers, gamblers, or politicians. But ever since the first dame set up shop in Old Town, those side-streets have been run by the women who walk the night. It's been a delicate truce, but now there's a messy body and the mob's looking to reclaim those licentious streets. They're going to have to put down a tight band of dangerous women and a guy named Dwight to do it. Now Dwight, he knows something that the mob's gotta learn the hard way: sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people...

Just one hour to go. Hartigan's polishing his badge and working himself up to kissing it good-bye, it and the thirty-odd years of protecting and serving and tears and blood and triumph that it represents. He's thinking about his wife's slow smile, about the thick, fat steaks she's picked up at the butcher's, about the bottle of champagne she's got packed in ice, about sleeping in till ten in the morning and spending sunny afternoons flat on his back. Just one hour to go, and he gets word from a stoolie about that one loose end he hasn't tied up, a young girl who's out there, helpless in the hands of a drooling lunatic. Just one hour to go . . . and he's gonna go out with a bang.
                      I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

thx Latrine, that sounds kickass.
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                        X