Winter X-Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter X-Games

Anyone been watching? I know some of you ppl like to snowboard, and lotso that has been going down.

Superpipe Gold-Antti Autti (Fin)
    Slopestyle Gold-Shawn White (USA)

Lots of sick shit, including the Fin doing back-to-back 1080's in the massive pipe, and Shawn White doing ridiculously solid linked tricks starting from sweet rail action following into some huge 900's.

One thing I've noticed, this year people are really straying away from inverted airs like rodeos and flips, and going toward flatspinning 900's and 1080's. For a while the 1080 was kind of like the holy grail, and now several riders threw em in the pipe. At least 4 did.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
    Last edited by Morgan; 12-19-2021, 06:48 PM.

Comment

the half pipe was cool in the beginning of the 90's when you actually had to jump in order to do a 360. <_<
      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
      5: Da1andonly> =((
      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Jeansi's still bitter his 12-year-old female cousin got 540 before him. Jeansi got stuck at 450 for too long a time.
        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
        3 league vet

Comment

I'm extremely good at performing a 720-to-serious-injuries
          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
            Last edited by Morgan; 12-19-2021, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I fucking watched that shit last night. Snowcross was on, between little segments about "oh my god how dramatic thexgames world is," something about some dumb bitch and her brother. They made it sound like he died and I couldn't fucking tell if these people were actually serious about this whole thing. And I realized this a reflection of our youth and I ended up hating humanity a little more.

Watch the x games, it's really ridiculous to the point of hilarity.
              sage

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                I fucking watched that shit last night. Snowcross was on, between little segments about "oh my god how dramatic thexgames world is," something about some dumb bitch and her brother. They made it sound like he died and I couldn't fucking tell if these people were actually serious about this whole thing. And I realized this a reflection of our youth and I ended up hating humanity a little more.

Watch the x games, it's really ridiculous to the point of hilarity.
                You have a very valid point about the level of hype being totally ridiculous and overboard, but I found that particular incident to be kind of dramatic, because I saw it happen in real time.

Basically, they were both in the boarder-cross, and the brother was in the semi-finals and the sister was in the finals. The events were staggered, so first the men's semi's were to happen, then immediately after, the women's finals were to take place. During his run, some dude washed the brother's board out, and sent him flying down the hill making him flip over twice, during which he hit his head and got knocked unconscious. His sister was in the very next event, and she had a come-from-behind victory for the gold medal. I mean, if my sister got knocked out at those speeds, and I had no idea if she was ok, it would be kinda hard to focus on my run (which was only 10 minutes after).

Again, I know what you're saying, but that was kind of an interesting situation that took place within 10-15 min of each other. But I guess unless you're hardcore into snowboarding or snowsports, it's kind of hard to validate the drama of the X-Games. I feel kind of lucky ESPN even spends 4 days out of the year on these kind of fringe sports.

Comment

It's just the segment made it sound like the guy died, and they were showing the footage of him hitting and it really suprised me. Afterwards the face of the show sal I think his name is was like "lol ps he's alive guys"

Plus who really does snowcross besides rich little kids?
                  sage

Comment

I almost sat myself when I saw the 17 or 18 year old girl on pipe (from BC, can't remember her name).
                    I don't mean to gender stereo-type, but girls can not do pipe with style. They can't get the air, and they can't go big. This girl, holy fuck, I was like "Wow, that guys good" and then saw it was a girl. I had NEVER in my LIFE seen a girl get air like that, and manage to ride it smoothly. And her 730 was wicked too!
                    My hero.
                    Kthx> Does JB Inc pay his child support with pub bux?

Undisputed Pre-Menstral Super-Bitch Internet Kickboxing Champion 2005

Comment

I tried the legendary McHell Neckbreaker fakie (tm) once but I ended up with a broken knee instead of a broken neck. DAMNIT SO CLOSE DAMN DAMN.
                      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                      5: Da1andonly> =((
                      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Working...
                      X