Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple bumps PowerBooks to 1.67GHz, geekbot buys one

http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/01...book/index.php

Apple on Monday announced a modest speed bump to its line of PowerBook G4 laptops, increasing the high-end processor from 1.5GHz to 1.67GHz. That's not all: The refreshed laptop line gains 512MB of standard RAM, faster graphics, faster hard drives and 8x "SuperDrives," as well as standard 802.11g-based wireless networking, Bluetooth 2.0 and two patent-pending technologies -- the scrolling TrackPad and the Sudden Motion Sensor.

Sweet, the more processing power we dedicate to doing absolutely nothing, the better we are as a species.
    sage

Comment

Edit: Removed
      Last edited by ZeUs!!; 02-12-2005, 07:03 AM.
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

i'd rather have a G5 mac mini

Comment

I'd rather have a PC, clickity clack.

Comment

typical home user

Comment

I'd really like macs if it weren't for the one click mouse.
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by PhaTz
                typical home user
                Where else would I need my PC?

Its ideal for games, and thats what I do the most. Lots of room for upgrades. Anyone who thinks differently is retarded :turned:

Comment

This is quite nice. I just got a Emac a few months ago for free and its all right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
                    I'd really like macs if it weren't for the one click mouse.
                    actually it has to do wit' tha programs, you can right click on apple's desktop, but most programs made for apple doesn't have that option, it's weird

but yeah, we got G5s at school, they run fast'r than africans

Comment

Uhh... What?

I have a 3 button optical wheel mouse. I've got a PowerMac Dual Processor 1Ghz G4 Quicksilver with OS X 10.3.8. I know several people that use 5 button mice with their mac. You can assign functions to buttons, within the OS, not via some sort of special deal, although if you wanted to, USB Overdrive lets you assign virtually anything possible to various usb joysticks and mice. That is to say you could hook up a joystick and use it to control your mouse pointer, if you so desired. The only program I have used on my Mac thus far that right clicking does nothing is (surprise surprise) IE for Mac.

The reason why Apple gives you a 1 button mouse when you buy a mac is really pretty simple. It's the single most basic level mouse for really really stupid people that don't want to deal with anything but one button. Just about anybody that uses their computer to do more than "read from the interweb" has replaced their mice with some trackball or optical mouse, or whatever some such that they like. So to keep from confusing retard and knowing that a lot of people would just yank it in favor of a new one anyway, they just give out a 1 button mouse.
                      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

I dunno, theior mission to convert Windows users would be easier if they had the 2 click. I think a majority of the people who first use a mac have already used a Windows based machine. I have 3 people on the debate team who recently bought powerbooks (I'll give it this - those fuckers have so much battery life it's insane) and two almost regret it because mac seems made to be used by stupid people, and they aren't stupid
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

http://www.dvforge.com/themouse.

The answer to all our problems.

It works on Window's too, but the sensitivity has to be decreased.
                          Last edited by DoTheFandango; 02-13-2005, 01:37 PM.
                          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Page not Found.
                            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                            ---A few minutes later---
                            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                            9:Kim> UM
                            9:Kim> i didn't
                            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Eww, i hate mac...

Comment

Working...