• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New computer (yay or nay)

specs:

or should i go with a p4, any opinions?
    I dont play this game anymore.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but AMD has yet to update the FSB on their processors to fully utilize the 333mhz DDR, right? I was going to get a machine like that, then decided to wait for AMD to step it up. Intel can suck my hairy nuts until they turn blue.
    'vet' is the new 'newb'.
    sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

you should get a p4 because i have stock in intel

Comment

Primo.. learn to use a compression like jpeg..

- Buy a good sound card (any soundblaster) cuz an On-Board (AC-97) always sucks...

- Don't buy any MSI Motherboard.. BUY AN ASUS Asus is the expert in this domain.

Originally posted by Louis XV
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but AMD has yet to update the FSB on their processors to fully utilize the 333mhz DDR, right? I was going to get a machine like that, then decided to wait for AMD to step it up. Intel can suck my hairy nuts until they turn blue.
        Hmm.. did you read the news about AMD ? This year : 500$ millions in profit and 250$ millions in loss.. And Intel own AMD with his new 2.8 Ghz (just look at www.tomshardware.com).. Hmm you know like me that the 2400+ and 2600+ was realesed in August.. WTF they have started to appear in the market this week (only the 2400+) why?? BECAUSE AMD HAD SOME PROBLEM WITH THEIR PRODUCTION.. dont tell me they are the best.. omg.. yes they are when the Athlon XP started to appear.. but now.. their speed decreased but the speed of Intel in their research and innovation is still same : fast and good.. AMD are still at 0.13 micron.. and Intel will soon change their product for 0.09 micron. What is the L2 Cache of an Athlon XP ? 256k! and for P4 ? 512k!! The bus ? 333 Mhz and for P4 ? 533 Mhz !! Finally.. how many intructions are in the P4.. ? Probably 2x more than the little poor Athlon XP

Yes i was for AMD 6 month ago.. now they really suck because they can't increased their speed of production and innovation against his main rival : INTEL

INTEL 4 LIFE.
        TW Bot Developer
        TW Web Developer
        Friends> All I saw was arobas+
        Friends> It's like death

Comment

i need another hardrive

Comment

Dont know what you're talking about Arobas, intergrated soundcards are just fine unless you're looking for topnotch sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Arobas+
              - Don't buy any MSI Motherboard.. BUY AN ASUS Asus is the expert in this domain.
              MSI or Asus, it really doesn't matter at all.
              I prefer Gigabyte myself, but that's a personal preference really.
              I've used Asus, Abit, MSI and Gigabyte mobos, not much difference there really.
              Btw, Intel has always had the lead in the speed race against AMD, but not by much.
              The question is are you willing to pay the extra $ to get the latest P4 or are you happy with a slightly less performing AMD CPU and save alot of cash. I'm strictly AMD myself because they're way cheaper and the difference in preformance has always been negligible.
              Last edited by Fallen Angel; 10-17-2002, 04:48 PM.
              There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Btw, Dill I really can't judge this sytem as it is right now.
                First things first, what are you primairily going to use it for?
                Are you going to play alot of games or run other kinds of extremely demanding software, or are you only gonna use it to run office play your mp3 collection and browse the net?
                Also, what I seem to be missing is a price tag to this system, which is btw not complete yet.
                What kind of videocard are you going to put in to this baby, being that this is on of the most important/expensive parts of the system.
                Are you going to put in a dvd-rom player or will you use your burner to perform the task of an ordinary cd-rom player?
                On another note, there's a few optionals there you need not worry about, for instance 512 Megs or RAM is plenty still, and the RAID config completely unnecessary.

Comment

<-

CYBERTEC SX1040 SOHO SERVER CASE 375W [+79]

CD: 16X DVD ROM [+45]

CDRW: CDRW 40X12X40 [+65]

CPU: AMD ATHLON XP-1800+ [1.53GHZ QuantiSpeed] 266 FSB CPU [+81] (blarg, should have went with 1.8GHZ, still works terrific though)

FAN: AMD CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK + 3 EXTRA CASE FANS [+9] (loud as a ****** on a plantation during the 1830s)

FLOPPY: MITSUMI 1.44 MB FLOPPY DR [+ 10]

HDD: 60GB 7200 RPM ATA 100 HARD DRIVE [+82] (more space than needed, unless you're adamant about getting every single Phish concert out there)

MEMORY: 512 MB PC333 PC2700 DDR MEMORY (REQIRES KT333 MB) [+159]

MODEM: NEW!!! Creative Labs PCI 56K V.92 FAX MODEM [+20] (just in case i move out)

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE 7VRX VIA KT333 MB 4X AGP W/ USB 2.0 & AUDIO* [+85]

NETWORK: 3 COM 905 BTX NM 10/100 NIC [+ 39]

SOUND: Creative Labs SOUND BLASTER LIVE 5.1 [X-GAMER 5.1 OEM] [+35] (waste of money, unnecassary)

VIDEO: NVIDIA GEFORCE-4 MX440 64MB DDR w/ TV OUT [+99] (good enough for subspace, 600 FPS)

Comment

Aw man Annux, you went and got yourself a GF4 MX?!
                    Tsk tsk (said the guy with a Gf2 GTS )

Comment

My graphics card is there for subspace, I'm not one of those loons that plays FPS shooters all day, taking their anger out through inter-net violence.

brb Unreal2003

Comment

<---Hitman 2
                        Btw, I'm currecntly visiting the USA, and I brought my sniperrifle.
                        I'm staying in a fleebag motel in Washington DC, come visit.

Comment

hahah

soemone made a joke about the maryland sniper in my politics class and the teacher kicked them out

people dont have a sense of humor anymore

Comment

my pc wont run anything more than ss.

if i wanted more i'd go with the p4 setup.

Comment

how the hell do you take apicture of what your screen is showing. i am to lazy to look it up so someone tell me or post a link.
                              To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                              brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Working...
                              X