No announcement yet.

"Jonathan" Trial (caution: long read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They aren't claiming that the murder was done to impress the girlfriend, they claim that the bragging was. The defence claimed that it was just trash talk to impress her but they weren't really planning on murdering the family. The theory continues that it was just the brother who performed the killing, which surprised the other two boys. According to them, at the very least it was coincidence that his supposed rage followed through on their bragging, and at most the bragging fueled the brother's violent urges. The key difference that the girl's testimony makes is in how involved the other two boys were in the murder.

In the end, I'm not sure how much of a difference the girl's web personas or alleged perjury would have affected the final outcome. I'm not sure if this new information would have swayed me if I were a juror, but the fact still remains that this is relevant information to the case that would result in a mistrial.

Comment

Not so much would result in a mistrial as did result. I can accept that if they felt cause enough to declare a mistrial then there was sufficient reason to believe it was her that wrote the things. I was simply pointing out a logical flaw in the way you had worded it there.

Originally posted by Ephemeral
      My theory? My theory is that we should not perpetuate generational defects such as people who aren’t willing to take responsibility for their actions. If society has issues with a death penalty and is willing to foot the bill to keep these kinds of people incarcerated, then sterilize them and make sure none of these kinds of people ever sees the light of day again.
      I agree with this part from Ephemeral. In lots of respects I am considered to be a very "liberal" person. I hate that tag, but that's for a different discussion. I do however, believe in the death penalty in some cases. Why? Because of personal and social responsibility. If there were a shot or pill these boys could take and with 100% surety it would fix the flaw that was part of their character and personality, I'd be all for it. We do not have this, and the fact is he killed his brother in a deliberate attack and proceeded to do the same to his stepfather. So for the betterment of society I believe that they have to be removed from it, and shouldn't have the ability to simply exist in a prison while being paid for by the law abiding citizenry, until he dies. Of course, if they were sent to a labor camp where they paid for their own existence through meaningful labor, then I could at least see a justification for that.

Send: I know there is no death penalties in Canada, that's why I prefaced my post with doubting many canadians would agree with what I thought.
      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
        It's sort of like trying on clothes in a store before buying them and wearing them in pubic.
        Har har har.

That's my total contribution to the thread, since I hate vampire goth wannabes.
        Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

I think that an online persona is a combination of the manifestation of a certain aspect of one's inner psyche as well as a "try before you buy" personality venture.
          For instance, this girl's infatuation with vampirism was unbeknownst to both her friends and family.
          There were no outward signs she approved of it up until her online persona was revealed. The internet is largely a place of anonymity, therefore it's understandable she or anyone could be lured into a false sense of safety when digressing from the social standards one is raised in. From the outside, she would appear to be a normal, healthy girl with a bad taste in men. In all likelyhood, she probably was, aside from undisclosed vampiric tendencies. The internet would be a viable outlet for such affiliations.
          The same applies for those who play the role of a different sex, age, or origin to that which they really are. In hindsight it's all just a projection of what we wish to be. You are not going to try be a drug baron from California if that is not what you really desire to be or fantasise about.
          I'm really shy, reclusive, and awkward in real life. Whereas my internet alter ego is bold, charismatic, and sharp witted. You wouldn't think I was Rudy if you did indeed meet James. Sometimes there are brief glimpses into Rudy, but he remains hidden from view for the most part of the day.
          Let me put it to you this way: the iternet is to us as Tyler Durden was to Jack in Fight Club.

In layman's terms you may try clothes on before you buy them, but realistically you aren't going to buy size 12 clothes if you are a size 18, or vice versa. People will notice. You play the game within your means.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
            I seriously just got over my g.g. allin nightmares. goddamnit.
            Lmfao.

The fact that GG had so many fans is just a sad testament to the punk/anarchist movement. Eating your own piss and shit after you smash your teeth out with a microphone is not a social statement. It just means you're a crazy fucker.

Anarchy is fun for about 10 minutes, until someone rapes your mother and burns your house down.

Comment

yeah, that he had fans was most of what scared the shit out of me. that and the suicide thing.

Comment

before i start, lemme just say Canadians say again funny. like Agayn. Also, in America this wouldn't be as big of a deal, because we are a very brutalized nation, and have been since the civil war. We like our tragedies

Okay, most of us have experience with using the internet in our lower teen years, and for many of us, we wanted to prove ourselves. There is something about 14/15, that makes u want to look tough in front of ure peers, and people older than you. The fact that this girl went on an internet sight, trying to get attention from older ppl is not that weird. We have attention whores here. I think this girl did EXACTLY what was right. She recieved a phone call, which could be concieved as a threat, then made sure she got him back on the phone, to confirm it, while at the same time recording it. Then, she goes straight to an adult, so that the proper authorities. In my mind, she did everything right. She's only being a teenager. Every teenager looks for attention, she just looked for it in a different place.

Now, as for Senor Fuckfaces, who stabbed the one kid's brother: (who i presume to be younger since the lady said he was 100lbs.) they need to do what was said above, and accept the consequences for their actions. THEY KILLED SOMEONE! and attempted to kill a second person. And not only did they kill someone, they stabbed him almost as many times as Caesar was stabbed, then tried to hide it. I don't care how many psychiatrists testify, stabbing someone 70 some times is not an in the moment kind of thing. Maybe once or twice, but not 70 times! These kids deserve the chair. It was planned out, and executed. All it was, was three bored kids, who wanted attention, so they first started using this "Vampire" Thing, to gain attention, and then talking about, then executing a planned murder, once again to gain attention.

We've all wanted attention before, but we never killed anyone, and for that they should be killed.
                Originally posted by Tone
                Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                  "Jonathan" Trial (caution: long read)
                  Goes without saying that it's long if you started the thread
                  5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                  5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                  5: Da1andonly> =((
                  5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                  5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                  5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Here's an interesting article from the Toronto Sun about the trial. It was written by Sun theatre columnist John Coulbourn who was a juror in the trial. He is legally bound not to reveal any of the discussions or details from the jury deliberations, but the article provides an interesting view on the overall experience of being a juror.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toront...35790-sun.html

Comment

Working...
                    X