Discovery Channel Biker Build-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discovery Channel Biker Build-off

Does anyone watch these? I think this is my favorite show on tv now. Just wondering if anyone else is into it and which builders you like.
    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

I only watch monster garage and I stopped watching that. I'll have to watch this show. Can you give me a brief summary of what goes on in this show. I am figuring its just like iron chef, but with bike builders.

Comment

Yeah, its kinda like that, except they're not in the same room together.

they have like a week to build a bike, then they meet and ride hundreds of miles together to some bike event where the people vote for the winner.

It's cool becasue it's two different builders every time. I used to be a big fan of American Chopper, but after the third bike or so, it gets old (especially since all of their bikes are for corporate sponsors now).

Some of these guys do amazing things..

this guy Chica makes the craziest gas tanks ever, completely by hand and on this bike, under the seat, that oil tank is made of hand blown glass

This bike has no kickstand... the hydraulic suspension just sits it right down on the ground

This one's not from the show, but it was made by Joe Martin who is has been on the show, and I just like it

[img]http://www.martinbrosbikes.com/bikes/boogie_man/065_65.jpg
      [/img]

this is the gas tank from the purple one

[img]http://www.martinbrosbikes.com/bikes/purple_gangsta/P4190633.jpg
      [/img]
      Last edited by bloodzombie; 02-23-2005, 09:11 PM.
      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

last two pics didn't work.. no time to fix

Comment

Sounds pretty sweet. Ill check it out. Thanks BZ

Comment

Yea, I like that show too.

Actually, I'm a huge fan of pretty much most of the stuff on those types of networks (ie: food network, discovery channel, and the learning channel...etc) because like Jesse James said, there's a lot of people who like the documentary style of reality television, but with people doing positive things and building cool stuff, instead of who can act like the biggest asshole, or backstab each other the best. Of course, I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of what he said in an AP article I read about 2-3 years ago.

Yea, I liked the bikes I've seen Chica build. That one blue bike he built that had that horned beetle shaped gas tank was really fucking radical. I've never seen a design like that. And as much as I like sometimes watching American Chopper, it has gotten old kinda. I mean, it's pretty much the same shit every show.

1. scene one...they get a cool contract, and they're going to build their "best bike ever".

2. scene two...pauly comes up with a bastardization of something, and is gonna turn it into a motorcycle.

3. scene three...paul sr yells at paul jr for leaving tools lying around, and the shop is not clean enough...and shit isn't getting done fast enough.

4. scene four...omigodz0rz...they're running out of time!!!111oneoneone!!!

5. resolution...they don't run out of time, the bike is cool, and they say it's their best one ever, and roll the credits.

Anyway, biker build off has more of a documentary feel. And I'm starting to appreciate bikes with a classic theme to them more than the shit that OCC does. Like...OCC can't touch the bikes that Indian Larry designs. Indian Larry's bikes are just fucking old school cool.

Btw, does anyone here ride bikes?

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
              Yea, I like that show too.

1. scene one...they get a cool contract, and they're going to build their "best bike ever".

2. scene two...pauly comes up with a bastardization of something, and is gonna turn it into a motorcycle.

3. scene three...paul sr yells at paul jr for leaving tools lying around, and the shop is not clean enough...and shit isn't getting done fast enough.

4. scene four...omigodz0rz...they're running out of time!!!111oneoneone!!!

5. resolution...they don't run out of time, the bike is cool, and they say it's their best one ever, and roll the credits.

Anyway, biker build off has more of a documentary feel. And I'm starting to appreciate bikes with a classic theme to them more than the shit that OCC does. Like...OCC can't touch the bikes that Indian Larry designs. Indian Larry's bikes are just fucking old school cool.

Btw, does anyone here ride bikes?
              Lol I just watched a American chopper and it really was exactly like that.

I dont ride regularly but I occasionally ride my uncles Triumph in the summer time.

Comment

j=t, funny you would mention indian larry.. I hate his bikes. I hate the shape of them and I hate the paint jobs he comes up with. He always wins because he's indian larry (and last time because he died before the vote). I understand he's oldschool and he's been doing it since before it was cool and all that, but still, his bikes are ugly.

My favorites are Chica, Billy Lane and the Martin Bros.

Comment

Yea, I liked Billy Lane's bikes too. Sick shit right there.

Comment

sick

Comment

who needs a show like that when u can have a show like MTV's Pimp My Ride? ^-^
                      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

I've never seen pimp my ride, and Im' sure it's a fine show, but it's really not the same thing. that's like saying "why do you need a show like Mr. Belvedere when you have Webster?"

the MTV show is fixing up someone's crappy car. These guys are building bikes from scratch. They do, however, both use tools, so I can see how that might be confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                          I've never seen pimp my ride, and Im' sure it's a fine show, but it's really not the same thing. that's like saying "why do you need a show like Mr. Belvedere when you have Webster?"

the MTV show is fixing up someone's crappy car. These guys are building bikes from scratch. They do, however, both use tools, so I can see how that might be confusing.
                          There both also on networks.
                          "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                            "why do you need a show like Mr. Belvedere when you have Webster?"
                            wtf?
                            Originally posted by Ace
                            There both also on networks.
                            LMAO!
                            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

i hate pimp my ride. that show sucks dirty asshole.

i just have no respect for the gimmickery behind it. i mean...putting a fucking shoe rack into a car is just a dumb fucking idea. Same with building an espresso machine, and a clothes steamer into a car.

maybe i'm just too old school...emphasis on old.

Comment

Working...
                              X