No announcement yet.

Mp3 Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard there was a new Ipod Mini coming out (my friend says it out already), with 1 more GB and almost twice as much battery capacity, same price as the regular Mini.
    Iriver got the best sound there is, but their players are expensive.
    I would go for the new Ipod, but I'm broke right now, after buying a new monitor, speaker, and shoes. The touch button on the Zen Micro is too sensitive.
    DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
    Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
    Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
    -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Ok I tested it today and I'm afraid it didn't let me. It said it needed to install some software, I think that can be done on Windows XP alone but as I don't have administrator rights, it prompted me for an adminsitator's log in details.

Other devices work like USB pens and PNP mp3 players though.

If you have a gmail account, it should be fine for work but if you want to transfer games and stuff, well I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by hogo
        I need a new Mp3 player and when I get the $ I'm buying a ZEN

If I could get my faggoty friends to signup for freeipods.com I could an ipod for free...

And so far freeipods.com is the only place i've seen send someone a free ipod.

Our local Radio Station is giving away a free iPod every day for a month. Tho I havnt been able to get ahold of one myself.

If I had the money, I would get an iPod mini, and buy the little adapter that you use to play thru a radio frequency on any radio, that is pretty badass.
        k8> (both my dad's are gay :( )

Comment

I think the iriver h320 is the best mp3 player money can buy..its sound quality is much better then the Ipoo and it can also play videos through a firmware upgrade.
          The h320 got a 20gig hd which is enough to store shit loads of songs and videos.
          However the h320 has a 1 hour 40 mins video playback limit which i think should be enough for most films.

I personally own a h320 and i highly recommend it..

Last edited by evacuate; 03-09-2005, 12:41 PM.

Comment

My bad, andruil... I thought the zen micro was cheaper than it is. I just checked and you're right, it's more expensive than the ipod mini and costs almost as much as the zen touch.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Omg, you own a Iriver, I want that one too, they have the best players ever, and sound quality.
              DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
              Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
              Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
              -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Anduril, you might want to check out www.mp3man.nl if you didn't yet. You can easily compair mp3 players, I own the Zen Touch 20GB and like it allot! you can easily order it from the website too.
                Only the loyal count.

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY...
                  Omg, you own a Iriver, I want that one too, they have the best players ever, and sound quality.
                  Sarcasm ? :ermm:

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson
                    Anduril, you might want to check out www.mp3man.nl if you didn't yet. You can easily compair mp3 players, I own the Zen Touch 20GB and like it allot! you can easily order it from the website too.
                    Yeh been on that site. And I have read a review and comparison between the iPod and Zen Touch on www.tweakers.net and the iPod comes out better because of it's screen and size. But the Zen Touch has way better battery.
                    That's for me the annoying part about the iPod .. its battery. Quite useless if you can only listen ur music for 7-8 hrs. Compared to Zen's 24 hrs.
                    But the annoying part about the Zen for me is its size, weight and screen. The screen hasn't as good contrast as the iPod, and the player is almost twice as thick as the iPod. Isn't that annoying to wear, Sump ?

Something hilarious .. : I been to a shop today to check them out, and the price of the Zen in that shop was around 300euro. While on the internet I find it for approximately 230euro !!! 70 euro diff.. that's about 90USD or so. ROFL wtf.

I think it's very hard to chose. Because each time I think I know which one to buy, someone else talks very good about the other player and confuses me again. I'd love to put those 2 together and make 1 player out of them. With the great battery of the Zen, and the great size and quality of the iPod.
                    Because the iPod is interesting aswell cuz of all the extra's you can get. For example to use it in ur car, home, ....
                    7:Barton> hi tats
                    7:Barton> still no smod?
                    7:Barton> :(
                    7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
                    7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
                    3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

Well the reason I bought Zen instead of the Ipod is because its allot cheaper, battery lasts allot longer and the extra things like Travelsound are also allot cheaper. all Ipod's extra thingy's cost way too much.
                      The size really doesnt matter to me, as long as it goes in my pocket.
                      And uhm, I really dont get why you even mention the screen, really the screen of Zen Touch is fine. When you compair both you see a difference. when you're used to one or another it doesnt matter at all.
                      Ohh, and you can also use Zen Touch in your car if you would want, but like I said before it would probably be atleast 3 times as cheap.
                      Only the loyal count.

Comment

You bring up a good point. I was just assuming that all the players could be used in a car with one of those wireless thingies, but I'm googling it right now for the zen touch and I'm not seeing any.

But I like the FM tuner.

I think I'm just going to wait until someone puts out one that's exactly perfect for me. It will be 60 gb, It will have an FM tuner, day planner, voice recorder, color screen with games, it will play new movies that are still at the theater, shoot off fireworks every friday night and cost 4 dollars and it'll be called the bloodzombie touch.
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Can I order one please ?

lolz, anyway ...
                          Ppl make me doubt more and more over here :P
                          All 3 mp3 players got its advantages and disadvantages.

The Zen's battery lasts long, but it's quite thick. Less quality of screen. Not a lot of additional stuff. And I've read that you can't really go jogging or so with it, cuz the HDD might get broken than.
                          BUT the price is ok for 20 GB.

The iPod mini is quite cool and is quite cheap but only has 4 GB. It has no voice recording or so, which the Zen does have (if you buy an additional thing).

The big iPod is quite perfect but very expensive and the battery is quite useless.

Getting harder and harder to decide

Comment

That's why I'm just waiting. Prices have come down a lot since christmas, and newer and better players have come out. Maybe next year I'll see one that I'd be completely happy with.

Comment

I am just wondering this ... how much does it cost to ship something from the USA to Belgium ??
                              Because with the current USD-Euro , it's a LOT cheaper for me to buy one in the USA. Only need to think about shipping costs ... might still be cheaper though. Anyone got a clue about the shipping costs ?

I just counted out:
                              An iPod over here costs me about 300 Euro. In the USA it costs $299.
                              $299 = 228 €. That's 70 € cheaper. Saves me a LOT.

Comment

Well, to ship a t-shirt from the USA it nearly cost me £20 extra but I decided to cancel.

I'd expect an mp3 player to cost a lot more as the package would be a lot heavier.

Comment

Working...
                                X