No announcement yet.

Mp3 Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the player comes with Creative MediaSource which is the program for transferring files onto the player which is what I have been using. Theres also a few other programs for this, I think one is called Creative Explorer and is quite popular and a lot simpler to use. Anyway, I'm off to bed now so I will get back to you tomorrow. :stuart:

Comment

i have a 60GB zen, and its better than my sisters compareable ipod. but if i would buy a mini mp3 player id go for the ipod, it looks best and the zen commercial is awfull. however, there are smartcard mp3 players with around 4 GB of storage who are even smaller and cheaper than the ipod. but thats too less space, i filled my 60GB quite fast, the point of a hd mp3 player is not to have to upload and delete tracks all the time.

the biggest plus for creative is probably their players enviroment and equalizer settings. it realy makes a difference, especially with earbuds. as for transfering data with these players, dont. writing wastes your battery and is very slow. you can also change batteries which the ipod cant. 8 hours aint much.

any my zen is not plug and play afaik. you need to install drivers. another sidenote, you will have to tag all your music. the players dont support a file structure.

ps: dont buy the philips junk!

Comment

You don't need any programs, if you're running Windows Xp. The player just appears in My Computer as a normal hard drive. Mediasource is useless anyway. I have Creative Muvo2 and I'm happy with it.
        last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Another thing which just popped into my mind is that the Zen would be about 50euro more expensive. Which is about 65 USD.
          That's quite a lot maybe compared to the advantages the Zen has towards the iPod mini.
          And if you think about it .. 65USD just to get 16 GB more is a lot because you can put around 1000 songs on the iPod mini. That's a lot imo. Would be hard for me to fill. And even if it's full, than there are lots of old retarded songs on it which you can delete. So maybe 4 GB would be enough and it'd be lots cheaper... =/
          7:Barton> hi tats
          7:Barton> still no smod?
          7:Barton> :(
          7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
          7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
          3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

nvm

Comment

In 20gb, you can store lots of stuff like movies etc.

Comment

Yes but why would you put movies on ur mp3 player ?? Only to transfer them from one to the other pc. And if I'm correct 1 movie would be about 400MB maximum. Means that you can put 5 movies on it, and still add 500 songs on ur iPod mini. (4 GB )
                And after you transfered them from one to the other pc, you remove the movies and you got room again. It's not like you're gonna fill ur 20GB player with 50 movies. Quite useless imo. So maybe 4GB is just perfect..

If I shouldn't need to work this hard for some money (I'm still a student) I'd prolly go for the iPod. But as I need to work for my money in weekends I doubt between the iPod mini and Creative Zen Touch. The mini is cheaper and I think it's sufficient for me .. so I'm going to bed now. Gonna think about it, but atm the iPod mini is my favorite.

Comment

Geek
                  Originally posted by Facetious
                  edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I've got a 4th Generation 40 GB iPod and it could beat you all up.

(excluding Zeus, because he's emo)

Comment

I downloaded Bright Eyes this afternoon; that guy needs a hug, preferably with Morrissey
                      Originally posted by Facetious
                      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Anduril.
                        Yes but why would you put movies on ur mp3 player ?? Only to transfer them from one to the other pc. And if I'm correct 1 movie would be about 400MB maximum. Means that you can put 5 movies on it, and still add 500 songs on ur iPod mini. (4 GB )
                        And after you transfered them from one to the other pc, you remove the movies and you got room again. It's not like you're gonna fill ur 20GB player with 50 movies. Quite useless imo. So maybe 4GB is just perfect..

If I shouldn't need to work this hard for some money (I'm still a student) I'd prolly go for the iPod. But as I need to work for my money in weekends I doubt between the iPod mini and Creative Zen Touch. The mini is cheaper and I think it's sufficient for me .. so I'm going to bed now. Gonna think about it, but atm the iPod mini is my favorite.
                        Movies are usually 700-1400mb and a normal mp3-file isn't 2mb.. I just did a quick count and average file size for my mp3's is 6mb. That means you can fit about 600 songs into 4gb unless your music files are very poor quality.

I could think plenty of use for 20gb Zen. My 4gb Creative is always full. I like to upload movies into it and go to a friends house to watch them.

Comment

Andruil, just curious, why are you comparing the zen touch to the ipod mini without considering the Zen Micro?

In my opinion, the zen micro beats the ipod mini.
                          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Anduril.
                            So Saturn .. if you had to chose again between the Zen or the iPod mini (you've seen them both cuz u have the iPod and ur friends got the Zen) which one would you chose ?
                            Keeping the price/quality/comfort/everything.. in mind. ^-^
                            I'd still get an iPod I believe. But if you're wanting more GB for your buck, then don't get an iPod.
                            Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                              Andruil, just curious, why are you comparing the zen touch to the ipod mini without considering the Zen Micro?

In my opinion, the zen micro beats the ipod mini.
                              You've got a point, but on the official Creative site in the online shop, the Zen micro (4GB ) costs as much as the Zen Touch (20GB ). So why pay as much for a player which has 5 times less the capacity ?

And why not compare to the iPod ? Because I think it's very expensive. iPod 20 GB costs 70euro, about 90USD more than the Zen Touch.
                              The thing annoying me about the Zen Touch is this though:

The Zen Touch is quite thick, but ... I have got to admit, the battery lasts for 24hrs compared to 12 for the iPod or so ... so there's a reason for the thickness :P

Comment

(Appareantly I can only post 1 image per post, so I have to post twice ... sorry for that.)

And the contrast in the iPod screen is way better:
                                (both devices with backlights on

But yeh .. as the iPod is too expensive imo, I'm thinking of the iPod mini. Less space but the same good qualities.

Comment

Working...
                                X