X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morgan
    Ding.

The Story:
    Sally was being held hostage by an escapee from a near by maximum-security prison. When her telephone rang, the man ordered her to answer it but not arouse any suspicion.

Sally worked for Western Union, where employees are still required to know Morse Code. Relieved that the caller was a colleague, Sally turned away from the intruder and rested her thumb on the pound key of her touch-tone phone in Morse Code: S-O-S… S-E-N-D P-O-L-I-C-E. With the phone close to her ear, Sally muffled the sound so that the intruder could not hear her message.

Luckily for Sally, her caller kept cool, and the police were quickly able to “reach out and touch” the bad guy.
    This is kind of a weak answer- you could just as easily say she whipped out her cellphone and text messaged the police when he wasn't looking, or something equally rediculous. Based on the premises you provided, there is no solution. Your explanation is stretching it.
    Last edited by Fit of Rage; 03-17-2005, 09:55 AM.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

The problem is that this is the kind of mystery where there are certain rules to follow. It's not like a straight up riddle but more like an investigation. Morgan just didn't give the rules ahead of time, so the whole thing doesn't make as much sense. What's supposed to have happened is that people ask questions like an investigator to find out more information which would lead them towards the solution. Those "hints" he provided would only have been given after enough questions that deduced those answers.

Comment

So, you posted the rules after it was solved.. Nice ;P

Going to do another? (And is it a true story?)
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
          Last edited by Morgan; 12-19-2021, 06:31 PM.

Comment

wanna share the site?

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan
              the police were quickly able to “reach out and touch” the bad guy
              Umm... Is that a requirement in the states?
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
              X