X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shit... i feel for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Adeon
      I don't get this problem. It's not like people are plagiarising, and you can't see where the image is from. Right click. Properties.

There's two big reasons why we don't like image leeching. First, it's rude, and we can get complaints. Second, you have no control over the images you linked, so they can (and have in the past) been changed to things like.. rectal inversion.

So ya, image leeching... don't do it.

Comment

"please don't leech my bandwith!" "fuck no" "okay..."
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Let's see how ppl like it when their connection blows if we suck up their bandwidth.
          Malla change your sig man =)
          Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

true... the link doesn't work anylonger!

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
              There's two big reasons why we don't like image leeching. First, it's rude, and we can get complaints. Second, you have no control over the images you linked, so they can (and have in the past) been changed to things like.. rectal inversion.

So ya, image leeching... don't do it.
              The same things apply to normal hyperlinks too. The poster can't control the webpage he is linking to. Haven't seen that to be illegal though
              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
              5: Da1andonly> =((
              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

What if it is your own webspace that you are "leeching" from? No complaints and total control over the content there.

Comment

I was thinking more like "every single topic in Recycled Humor should be illegal".
                  5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                  5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                  5: Da1andonly> =((
                  5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                  5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                  5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Yeah Recycled Humour would get less interesting.

I think the "you have no control over the images you linked" reason should be removed since as Jeansi said: "The same things apply to normal hyperlinks too". And of course, this place would really suck without normal hyperlinks.

Some may say image link manipulation is more likely to be done than with normal links, but as far as I know any link manipulation is rare enough to be dealt on a case-by-case basis. If abuse of this is rampant enough then by all means remove external image links.

Comment

:thumbsup: I have the book of bunny suicides, it's quite interesting i had some good laughs watching it again.
                      Lust is to the other passions what the nervous fluid is to life;
                      it supports them all, lends strength to them all ambition, cruelty, avarice, revenge,
                      are all founded on lust.

Marquis de Sade

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                        The same things apply to normal hyperlinks too. The poster can't control the webpage he is linking to. Haven't seen that to be illegal though
                        The difference is that when people click on the link, they actually go to the website. Image leaching is different in that people are using up their bandwidth without ever having to visit the site.

Comment

Warned for reviving dead threads, and Closed.

Comment

Working...
                          X