• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
    Torn Wing is that a Cave In lyric?

Continue argument
    In my Title? nah thats a Tool lyric.

And I wont argue with Troll King cause Ill inevitable lose, but everyone has different Ideas of funny, I was just trying to defend that since everyone seemed to be baggin on GHB, and I personally like him.
    Last edited by Torn Wing; 04-04-2005, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Let me give you a similar situation, and see what you think of it.

Say your friend's grandfather just had a heart attack and is in the hospital. Your buddy's really worried about it. You yourself are concerned, but obviously not as emotionally involved as your friend is. Suddenly, another friend comes up to the two of you and says: "I just heard from your folks- your grandfather's dead... Just kidding!"

Your friend's going to be upset at that "joke". Let's say he punches the other guy right in the eye. I know I would. Your earlier post was the equivalent of you saying to your friend: "Dude, calm down already, it's just a joke. Besides, your grandfather's not dead yet, so it's not like he's being disrespectful of the dead."

I wouldn't be surprised if the friend slugged you too after saying that.

Comment

Maybe we should take things with more humor than they deserve to, since we took them long enough more serious that they derserved to
        YOU ARE THE 1,000,000,000TH VISITOR IN MY SIG!
        Click here to receive your price!

Comment

The death of a man who suffered during his dying days? How can you laugh at that?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
            Let me give you a similar situation, and see what you think of it.

Say your friend's grandfather just had a heart attack and is in the hospital. Your buddy's really worried about it. You yourself are concerned, but obviously not as emotionally involved as your friend is. Suddenly, another friend comes up to the two of you and says: "I just heard from your folks- your grandfather's dead... Just kidding!"

Your friend's going to be upset at that "joke". Let's say he punches the other guy right in the eye. I know I would. Your earlier post was the equivalent of you saying to your friend: "Dude, calm down already, it's just a joke. Besides, your grandfather's not dead yet, so it's not like he's being disrespectful of the dead."

I wouldn't be surprised if the friend slugged you too after saying that.
            Real life story:
            We were sitting in the cantine on our lunch break with a bunch of friends, telling the legendary Dead Baby jokes to each other. :fear:

A girlfriend of one of us at the table comes in, crying. She says her grand-dad had died this morning.

We sat silent for like 5 seconds and then bursted out laughing like hell. She... umm well let's say she wasn't that pleased.

5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
            5: Da1andonly> =((
            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Awww that's so mean
              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
              1:Chao <ER>> at all
              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by GHB
                Maybe we should take things with more humor than they deserve to, since we took them long enough more serious that they derserved to
                Between taking things too seriously and not taking them seriously enough, only one makes you a jerk.

Comment

Well, given your differing situation, I'd have to say yeah it wasnt very nice, but hey I would tell him to calm down. I do like how you used the Grandpa to Pope analogy though.

But yeah I can't be as emotionally attached to the Pope as some people. Knowing what Ive said, my wife will die in a horrible car accident, and I will have three mentally challenged children, and live with a horribly disfuguring/painful condition for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                    Between taking things too seriously and not taking them seriously enough, only one makes you a jerk.
                    Only for people who take things way too serious, and to be honest, I do not care about what people with no humour think of me, unless he might be important for my life.
                    At least the other one can be entertaining for some people, instead of spreading a bad feeling.
                    YOU ARE THE 1,000,000,000TH VISITOR IN MY SIG!
                    Click here to receive your price!

Comment

you can spead a bad feeling to those who do not agree by doing this. And its not because they don't have a sense of humour, its because they dont share yours.

If you want your sense of humour to be taken into consideration, you should consider others'.

Comment

Originally posted by GHB
                        Only for people who take things way too serious, and to be honest, I do not care about what people with no humour think of me, unless he might be important for my life.
                        At least the other one can be entertaining for some people, instead of spreading a bad feeling.

I really don't think people would've reacted so badly if there was actually a funny joke involved.
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Part of being humorous is judging what your audience will find funny. Don't blame others for not finding your jokes funny; it's not a reflection on their sense of humour but your own.

And for the record, your joke "spread more of a bad feeling" than it did entertain people.

Comment

He's Dead?! Harse.

Sorry..i've been in a comour for 3 months.
                            Man i need a shave....and not just my face.
                            Crunchy Nut>Were u a fudgepacker at Sainsbury's during Work experience?
                            Shadow_Fox>No, I was shoving dishwashers around at Curry's
                            Crunchy Nut>Do u know what a fudgepacker is?
                            Shadow_Fox>Duh! I am older than u
                            Crunchy Nut>Well u act just as immature
                            Shadow_Fox>But I hav more body hair then u

Comment

Your head.

Comment

Working...
                              X