We're all rough around the edges.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're all rough around the edges.

Hello again, it's another one of my topics. Hopefully it won't get moved to Recycled Humor (cough Zues cough)- anyway, try to keep the idiocy light and serious posts abundant.

---

Nobody is perfect. More importantly, no group/type/race of people, or country are perfect. To highlight this, I'd like to have a topic where we all talk about what we individually think is wrong with where we live. This isn't a "bash America " topic, or " Brit's have ugly teeth" topic, or " Canada sucks" topic, so please leave those retarded flames out of here.

If you could be so kind, I'd like you to post what country you're from, and what you think one of the main things is wrong with it. This could be a political problem, social problem, financial problem, whatever you think is one of the biggest things wrong with your country. After that, I'd love to hear your opinion on how it came about and how it could be fixed. If you feel like going a step beyond, include a big problem of the area you live in, and how it could be solved.

I repeat, do not start flaming other countries. Feedback on other peoples posts is expected and even welcome in some cases, but not if you're just going to start posting about fatburgers or how much the french suck.

I'll start.

I'm from America, and I think one of the biggiest problems we have is laziness. This crops up in how we do our homework (essays online, getting test answers), to how we eat (fast food) , how we live our lives (we want everything now with the best results) etc, etc. If there is a quick and easy way to get something, most people will pick that option even if it's not a healthy/moral one. Everything is NOW NOW NOW, from fast food to miracle weight gain/loss diets,online shopping to making money (get rich quick schemes) and so on. I'm not entirely sure what in total brought this about (it was probably a number of things, other Americans if you have any ideas feel free to post them) , but I think it would be best for us if we had a major wide blackout for 3 months or so.

Like, country wide epidemic with no technology. Sure, millions would probably die :fear: , but I really think we as americans need to go cold turkey from technology and excersie more, eat better, and get back in the habit of doing more than sitting around all day. I realize now that peoples eating habits would probably get worse during the blackout, and anarchy and other nasty things would pop up- but I can't really see how we could actually get better as long as we still have acess to the internet, acess to fast food places, etc.

Now it's your turn, go at it :wub:
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Problem: Rampant consumerism dictating the definition of humanity, ethics, art, and morality. Slowly we've become enslaved to our possessions so we work more and enjoy life less.

Calm, fitter, healthier, and more productive, a pig in a cage on antibiotics
    SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

Problem:
      All the fucking <plural racial or religious epithet> that just want to run around in our country like they've got no sense. All they want to do is <insert lazy stereotype> while they figure out ways to rape a nice <insert your own race or religion followed by "woman">. I say all those <insert epithet> can just go back to <insert place>. Fuck 'em. Cept for the women. Because I do like me some hot <insert sexy momma term for afforementioned race or religion>.

That's right. The problem is there aren't enough madlibs.
      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Problem: Chronic inferiority complex

Comment

Um...this is a tough one.

I think the main problem is the current system of capitalism encourages the exploitation of people's ignorance, and this is tied into how government representatives in positions of great power have much to gain by this exploitation, whether it's through corporate donations, lobbyists, or straight up kick-backs.

Then they are encouraged to enact legislation which both encourages ignorance in the lower and middle classes, and suppresses the opportunity for upward mobility.

Therefore it no longer becomes a matter of "work hard, and your lifestyle will improve", it becomes a matter of "work increasingly harder to maintain the lifestyle you have". This also has the effect of furthering social tensions between classes, as well as cultures, sexual orientations, genders, and religious beliefs, since it's commonly understood that ignorance fosters social tension.
          Last edited by Subjugation; 04-11-2005, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Jesus and Benno for the :wub:

Who would have thought they make such a lovely combo. Sort of like chicken and waffles. More to come on their posts later.

EDIT:
            Originally posted by Liquid Blue
            This could be a political problem, social problem, financial problem, whatever you think is one of the biggest things wrong with your country. After that, I'd love to hear your opinion on how it came about and how it could be fixed.
            That means you too, saucy.
            Last edited by Liquid Blue; 04-11-2005, 10:36 PM.
            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Waffles are just pancakes with syrup traps.

Problem: Ignorant-ass people that say GO BACK TO AFRICA/MEXICO/AFGHANISTAN and they don't realize that the fucking country doesn't belong to them either
              "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

People cheat alot, are generally immoral, seek immediate self-gratification, and find many ways of rationalizing this. In addition, all disasters which are supposed to unify the human race are immediately followed by scams to attempt to get rich off them, often with success. We have also caused tons of damage to environment and other species. Therefore, humankindshould join www.vhemt.org and seek self-extinction for the good of the world.
                - k2

Comment

Originally posted by Benno
                  Problem: Rampant consumerism dictating the definition of humanity, ethics, art, and morality. Slowly we've become enslaved to our possessions so we work more and enjoy life less.

Calm, fitter, healthier, and more productive, a pig in a cage on antibiotics
                  more productive, crying with real tears.. lol

anyways..
                  PROBELM: fucking assholes. sometimes i hate america sometimes i am kind of proud of it. so many things ruin it for me. everyone i know hates french people and makes fun of canadians, and i'm like, "have you ever met a french person?" and they dont care to argue about it. i dont see why everyone has to find someone to hate. i think that's what the current administration wants. it's easier to manipulate people when they have a false reason to be proud of their country.

i also dont like the excessive way we live and how readily we accept whatever new shit is put in front of us. and all this fuel consumption just pisses me off. people driving to places they could walk to in 15 minutes all the time, people buying these ridiculously big SUVS and hummers and shit.. god. no wonder there are so many fat people here. i guess it doesnt bother me that people are fat and lazy.. hell, its their life. i dont think i could "be with someone" like that though.

then i hate the war in iraq and the bush administration in general. god, why did we have to go to war in iraq? it was really a huge ass mistake. bush uses post 9-11 patriotism to get to war with this country that really is not any more of the threat than all the other countries around it. many americans have been lost, many more iraqis, and our efforts in another war were put on the backburner. there is nothing that can be done about it now, but jesus, how can you justify such a glaring mistake? they did not have WMDs. we went there for WMDs. we lost lives, money, and resources in another war because of the bush administration. and we re-elected them because they were able to convince everyone that john kerry is a fucking flip flop?

all i can do about these things i hate are not think about them. they sadden me, deep in my mind, though. it is hard to put into words what i feel. frustration.. powerlessness to change any of it.. sadness of what we have become. all i can do is not be a part of it, and it is somewhat isolating.

why am i proud of america? because of its history, waht it stood for, the people who fought for it, and whatever culture we have left. i am not proud of our power, money, big cars, and whatever else.
                  Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                  apt>yes u can wtf
                  apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                  apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                  apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                  Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                  apt>na
                  apt>ill show you pictures
                  apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

sorry, dont see canada or europe as that much incredibly better. there is no place on the planet that is decent or free

Comment

Problem: Too many Kennedies has led to issues with traffic

Comment

Originally posted by K2Grey

People cheat alot, are generally immoral, seek immediate self-gratification, and find many ways of rationalizing this. In addition, all disasters which are supposed to unify the human race are immediately followed by scams to attempt to get rich off them, often with success. We have also caused tons of damage to environment and other species. Therefore, humankindshould join www.vhemt.org and seek self-extinction for the good of the world.
                        Good post, i appreciate it, and the website too. after www.hedweb.com thats the second best website. not procreating would be the best thing if the post-human era fails.

Problems: Primal darwinian humans. Dark, Nasty, Evil, Closed, Robotic, Empty, Animalistic, Fucked in the Head. Fucked in the Head = Fucked Society and everything else. Society also Fucks in the Head.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
                          sorry, dont see canada or europe as that much incredibly better. there is no place on the planet that is decent or free
                          absolutely true.

Comment

Problem:.... Well we have problems everwhere our federal governments seems to love saving money on important issues, and using money on total bs. For instance the gomery trial thats going on right know is way over 100 million dollars which is way over how much money the previous government gave away. Canada's government tries to act as if it were a tv show and never ever looked at reality seriously. I don't remember ever being happy with the decisions they make.

btw for the first topic the thing the brought laziness not only for america but for all 1st world country as a whole is technology..... (think about it) Know what i mean? Technology was made to help us do everyday jobs faster, and easier this has resulted in lazy people. Terrible side affect especially with the younger generation. Also incase you haven't noticed the speed of which technology growing is getting faster and faster. Soon we will be totally dependent over it, and someday there will be a disaster (ice age,nuke ourselves to death,electricity go's haywire) and we will be left stranded. The average human no longer knows how to hunt, or even live outside without any technological resource. People don't notice this but inorder to live an easy life know we are screwing over our descendents in the future.
                            Last edited by Krusnik; 04-12-2005, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majin-uub
                              Problem:.... Well we have problems everwhere our federal governments seems to love saving money on important issues, and using money on total bs. For instance the gomery trial thats going on right know is way over 100 million dollars which is way over how much money the previous government gave away. Canada's government tries to act as if it were a tv show and never ever looked at reality seriously. I don't remember ever being happy with the decisions they make.

btw for the first topic the thing the brought laziness not only for america but for all 1st world country as a whole is technology..... (think about it) Know what i mean? Technology was made to help us do everyday jobs faster, and easier this has resulted in lazy people. Terrible side affect especially with the younger generation. Also incase you haven't noticed the speed of which technology growing is getting faster and faster. Soon we will be totally dependent over it, and someday there will be a disaster (ice age,nuke ourselves to death,electricity go's haywire) and we will be left stranded. The average human no longer knows how to hunt, or even live outside without any technological resource. People don't notice this but inorder to live an easy life know we are screwing over our descendents in the future.
                              Yea I definately know what you mean, and I think your post is the same place my post was going to when I finished it. While technology has been a great boon for our society and the human race as a whole, it's led to so many bad situations, attitudes and ways of thinking. Although I should corect myself, it's not the technology that has messed up, its the people using it. We're too weak for our own good, we let laziness take over and find the quickest solution to things.

This is a question to all people in general, not just Americans. How many people do you know that eat right, that don't drink soda everyday? How many people that don't live off of fast food, that eat healthy (you can still eat bad even if you don't eat fast food) , and that exercise? How many that do their hw/ job to the best of their ability, no for pay or attention but simply because they can? IMO I haven't met many like that- while most people are good at heart, they are still lazy in certain aspects. It's a shame we ended up this way, if only we humans (as a whole) could come up with some ways (and follow them) to improve our situation. But then again like others have said, some people are happy with chugging down big macs all day and drowning out
                              their lives with shitty soap operas, celebrity gossip and reality tv shows.

Comment

Working...
                              X