absinth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• absinth

Edgar Allan Poe,Voltaire,Pablo Picasso,Ernest Hemmingway,Sir Arthur Conan Doyle,Vincent Van Gogh,Oscar Wilde,Paul Gaugin ,Eduoard Manet,Edgar Degas,Henri Toulouse-Lautrec,Mark Twain,Jack London,Paul Marie Verlaine,CHARLES CROS,ALFRED JARRY,ARTHUR RIMBAUD,Charles Baudelaire,Ernest Dowson,Emile Zola,Paul Cezanne,August Strindberg,Adolphe Monticelli

All these famous and very influential people were avid drinkers of absinthe. I recently decided to try it and its on its way over from Europe as I type. I was wondering if any of you have tried or do it. Any information or testimonials would be great. Thanks.

edit
    Last edited by punjar; 04-21-2005, 10:51 PM.
    .: ExquisiteHosting.com
    .: Website, Reseller & Adult Hosting

aaaa
    Last edited by Send; 04-27-2015, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by punjar
      Edgar Allan Poe,Voltaire,Pablo Picasso,Ernest Hemmingway,Sherlock Holmes,Vincent Van Gogh,Oscar Wilde,Paul Gaugin ,Eduoard Manet,Edgar Degas,Henri Toulouse-Lautrec,Mark Twain,Jack London,Paul Marie Verlaine,CHARLES CROS,ALFRED JARRY,ARTHUR RIMBAUD,Charles Baudelaire,Ernest Dowson,Emile Zola,Paul Cezanne,August Strindberg,Adolphe Monticelli

All these famous and very influential people were avid drinkers of absinthe. I recently decided to try it and its on its way over from Europe as I type. I was wondering if any of you have tried or do it. Any information or testimonials would be great. Thanks.
      Poe also drank himself to death.
      Volatire hung himself
      Picasso could very well have been crazy
      Hemmingway shot himself
      Conan Doyle was a strong believer in the occult and spiritualism
      Van Gogh cut off part of his ear
      Oscar Wilde was a convicted homosexual
      Gaugin killed himself
      From what I can tell, Manet is an upstanding guy
      Much of Degas' work depicts graphic sex
      Toulouse-Lautrec was institutionalized many times
      Mark Twain was a recluse much of his life
      London commited suicide with Morphine
      Verlaine shot a man
      Cros lived a good life
      Jarry died of alcoholism at 34
      Rimbaud was a slave dealer
      Bauldelaire was heavily addicted to opium, and in debt his whole life
      Dowson sounds aight
      Zola blocked his own chimney and died of CO poisoning
      Cezanne had an affair with his step mother
      Strindberg was aparrently a great man
      Montecelli seems alright

Not saying that anything these people did is wrong or right, or that they weren't geniuses in the realm of art, but I don't think they were all in their right minds, and I certainly don't think the absinth drinking part of their life should be idolized.
      Last edited by Squeezer; 04-22-2005, 12:29 AM.
      Originally posted by Tone
      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

oh and the oscar dude is homo

Comment

It would probably be easier to compile a list of ppl who didn't didn't drink absynthe than those who did. It was very popular before the modern age of distilling spirits.

Comment

ha. put sherlock holmes. amusing. meant to put Arthur Conan Doyle.

Comment

What are the ingredients of what you have ordered?

Comment

I think some dude went nuts in switzerland after getting wasted on absynthe, then it got banned. However, they didn't consider the effects of syphilis, or the fact that absynthe in the early 20th century was like...150 proof. Maybe that had more to do with it than the wormwood it was distilled with.

It's just a fucking myth that the green faerie has magic powers.

Comment

Why do you want to drink it? Just because some old famous people did? I don't really get the point, it's not going to turn you into a genius overnight or anything..
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                    Why do you want to drink it? Just because some old famous people did? I don't really get the point, it's not going to turn you into a genius overnight or anything..
                    wow. thanks for enlightening me. now i dont wanna drink it. again. thank you. jerkoff.

so has anyone tried it or do we just wanna talk about the people i put up there that use to drink it?
                    Last edited by punjar; 04-21-2005, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Absinth is like 180 proof, if you drink more than a couple ounces per couple hours you'll die of alcohol poisoning.
                      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

it tastes like shit, if you drink the real stuff you can trip balls. Canadian absinth - stuff they sell in the stores is garbage, my friend got the real stuff and had a horrible trip seeing shit come out of the walls.

With any chemical research it first, have a safe area and whatever you do avoid cops. I got loaded up about a year ago my friend was being a douche so i left his house i was tripping mad balls and i asked a cop for help, he was fucking with me. I was pretty nice about the whole situation "i said hi, i need help, i'm on chemicals and i need a ride home, i can't remember my phone number". After 10 minutes of the cop fucking around with me, i bailed.
                        Last edited by Cops; 04-22-2005, 12:56 AM.
                        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I still hallucinate sometime.
                          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                          5: Da1andonly> =((
                          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Waiter, one beer plz, ty
                            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

i had 2 tiny sips, and i mean *tiny* and i had to get the bus home from a friends house with sick in my hair not remembering the night before. drinking other liquids after some how makes it a hell of a lot worse
                              Reinstate Sarien
                              ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

Working...
                              X