Cardio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardio...

What do you guys do besides the obvious running?

Running is very boring to me, give me some ideas. Running the track sucks. :turned:
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Can't really you help you there. I run every morning up a nice incline. I just started like 2 weeks ago and I can basically run the mile not jog it. I don't know any other cardio that matches up to that since I am not a Sports trainer.

Comment

i started about 2 weeks ago, and am running 5 laps of a 400metre track (2kms) it's alright but it's very boring, and i do it in the evening after work.
      There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

i'll be captain obvious and suggest running around town/your neighborhood for something different. or drive to a park and run. scenery is nice
        PURE HATRED> i cannot dodge your bombs AND my teammates
        pv=nrt> YOU ARE MINE PRINCESS iNgeNfyRe
        hogo> iNgeNfyRe Just got HoE'D
        Dark Moogoo> psst, bring the cookies and cream

Comment

You can swim laps, if swimming is your thing. Strenuous freestyle can get your cardio up quick
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.
          . â–²
          ▲ ▲

Comment

I run track for my high school. I run the 100m, 200m, and 400m, which are all sprinting.

100m - 12.0 seconds
            200m - 24.8 seconds
            400m - 56.2 seconds
            this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
            (:3=

Comment

Originally posted by Adman

Running is very boring to me, give me some ideas. Running the track sucks. :turned:
              Pick up basketball/Frisbee is a good subsititute for cardio, although you can't beat distance running for endurance gain. I really hate the track, so I've found some parks and scenic routes around my town that work pretty well. I'd ask the guys at your gym, there's probably a few people that could point you towards some less boring running locations.

Comment

Originally posted by dchao
                I run track for my high school. I run the 100m, 200m, and 400m, which are all sprinting.

100m - 12.0 seconds
                200m - 24.8 seconds
                400m - 56.2 seconds
                those are good times for your age. i used to do track too, but not anymore, ive bulked up over the last 4 years haha. im football player sized now

track is awesome. i just watched my friend run a 51.x 400M in the 4x400 the other day, we were losing until he ran anchor. HOT. he's also a senior in HS. AND he's asian. $
                PURE HATRED> i cannot dodge your bombs AND my teammates
                pv=nrt> YOU ARE MINE PRINCESS iNgeNfyRe
                hogo> iNgeNfyRe Just got HoE'D
                Dark Moogoo> psst, bring the cookies and cream

Comment

I would do cardio but I drink and smoke to much :fear:

Comment

The only exercise I get is walking down to the fridge, that and the old masterbation.

Comment

Originally posted by Adman

Aerobics and step... although lots of guys have the feeling that aerobics is a girls only sport i had some male students at my class in the past and they were really good at it. Swimming might also do the trick as you also develop your toraxic box (sp).
                      A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

I was going to say that <_<
                        STARKITTY
                        A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

i have been running a bit lately, and now i have massive tendonitis in my knees and can barely walk. so right now, i'm not doing any cardio, or anything aside from hobbling about.

as far as alternative forms of cardio, there's a pretty good network of bike trails along the rivers here, so i think i'm going to try and take advantage of that after i heal up. cycling is better for your knees than jogging, anyway.

Comment

I stretch out my masturbation sessions over two hours.

Hey, this answers the question in the sex life thread too.
                            Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Swimming, running, walking, aerobics classes, bicycling, rollerblading. Guess that's about it.

Running a track is very boring though, and I dont think 2 km is a good enough length, how long does it take? Try jogging around your neighbourhood or in the forest, for at least an hour + warm up + cool down.

A pulse meter is a really good investment for people who haven't done cardio for a long time, most people seem to work out at too high intensities. Keep your pulse around 140-160, walk if it goes above that and run faster when it drops below.

A good way of checking that without a pulse meter is by having someone running with you. If you two can talk normally without having to grasp for air mid-sentance, your speed is good. If you get out of breath you are running too fast. The muscles use up more energy tha the body can feed it which means lactic acids will form in your muscles. Then it will no longer affect your cardio that much but the muscle condition instead and that's something you don't want to do before you've worked out regularly for a year or so.
                              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                              5: Da1andonly> =((
                              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Working...
                              X