Pet Hates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Hates

In this thread, discuss your pet hates..

These are some of mine

In football (soccer) when a through pass is played through the defense, I hate it when they stop and throw their arms in the air to claim for offside. It's just so stupid... half the time you see in the replays and they're not even nearly offside. It especially gets me when this leads to a goal.

I had more in my mind, but I've gone blank for now...
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Yep, it's the ref's/line's decision whether it's offside or not, not decided by how high your hand is at the time. I'm not too bothered about that though, it's just like a playground reaction but yeah they're meant to be professionals.

I have no casual pet hates to share at the moment. Hold on wait I do, it's the usage of the apostrophe, e.g. CD'S. This time round it's not the actual mistake as I believe a lot of the time is deliberate. Like on an advert you see something like "BUY 3 CD'S GET ONE FREE". Thing is if you missed out the apostrophe, it would look like this "BUY 3 CDS GET ONE FREE" and the reader would think, what the fuck is a C.D.S.? So basically the advertisement writer will have to make that error just so people can directly understand that it means the plural of CDs. This in turn perpetuates the bad english to the reader who is that much more ingrained with the idea that you use the apostrophe for plurals.

Another example is in the supermarket checkout counter that says "Ten items or less" when it's meant to be "Ten items or fewer" (I think). My english is bad enough without having to soak in further errors. Basically to be understood, you have to write bad english sometimes.

Comment

Oh yes, that damn apostrophe.

Incorrect your/you're/there/their/they're usage gets me annoyed.

Your = belongs to you
      You're = You are

There = Where something is
      Their = Belongs to someone
      They're = They are
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

The Catholic Church, and that ppl actually follow those con artists.

Comment

Something I've been noticing lately is people using an apostrophe in words like "went" (I saw it spelt "wen't" in a thread last week). I don't know how that started but I've seen it a couple of times too often for it to be a simple typo (not to mention the fact that the closest key in "went" to the apostrophe is "n").

Comment

I hate it when people use the word "true," as anyone on my chat would know ^-^
            Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
            1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
            1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
            1:Chao <ER>> at all
            1:Mantra-Slider> chao
            1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
            Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
            Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Hmm...

Racists, War Mongerers, Corporatists, Litterers, Sex Offenders, Drug Dealers...and so on

I suppose it's not as much 'hate' as it's pity.

Comment

I hate political Christians.

No, but a big pet peeve (what we call it in America) of mine is when people ask me questions that they know the answer to.

Also, I hate heavy breathers.
                Last edited by DoTheFandango; 07-29-2006, 01:40 PM.
                Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

one pet peeve is when i am trying to get people to listen to some of my music and they dont give it a chance.

another big one is when people touch my guitars.

also when it is a sunny day and everyone is outside and people blast their music out their dorm windows, subjecting everyone to it who doesnt want to hear it cause it is usually crap.
                  Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                  apt>yes u can wtf
                  apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                  apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                  apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                  Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                  apt>na
                  apt>ill show you pictures
                  apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

I hate DoTheFandango.
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

lies
                      Only the loyal count.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                        I hate DoTheFandango.
                        sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

I hate when you ask people "what kind of music do you like?" and they respond "oh I like everything, except rap and country." and then they seem to be proud of the fact that they have an eclectic taste in music.

What they are really saying is, "I don't have enough taste in music to actually form an opinion, so I'll just listen to whatever everyone else does"

And no I'm not bashing people who like mainstream rock over indie stuff, my problem is with people who never listen to anything except mainstream rock and think that means that they like "everything".

Comment

I hate people who are like, "Yeah I hate MTV and all those shitty rock bands that are on it."

I mean sure, there are some PRETTY SHITTY bands on there, but still, saying bands are automatically bad because they are on MTV or VH1 is poppycock.

Comment

Another thing I hate is when people say "anyways" instead of "anyway." Also, when people say things such as "Me and him owned during our DD." It's "He and I," geez!
                              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                              1:Chao <ER>> at all
                              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Working...
                              X