Religion topic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion topic!

Note: Keep the flames in those shitty trash talk threads, this is a topic for serious discussion. If you get petty and hot under the collar because "Bob from Oklahoma" called you an atheist fag, you need to bicker with him via PM's, this isn't the place for that mess.

I will come to your house and fill your nostrils with batteries if you don't keep this clean. No jabs at people or their beliefs, mature is the name of the game.

OK! On to the topic, which is religion! I'm going to start this out with 3 main questions I have for you guys, and we can expand and grow from there.

1) This might sound kind of biased and skewed, but do you know anyone that you feel is religious for the wrong reasons? If so, what are they? An old realtive of mine (50's or so) used to do stupid shit in his past, but has recently "found" religion in the past year or so. Now I've talked about this change for him with a few other "kin" my age, and we all pretty much agree he's mostly doing it because he's afraid of dying. Or you could say, because he realizes that he doesn't have much time left on this earth. Basically, to save his own hide and repent while he still can. I know I shouldn't be so quick to judge, but I really don't think he's doing it for the right reasons. Anyway, do you think there are only a set amount of "good" reasons to discover religion? To..find your faith, so to speak?

2) This is mainly for Christians who read the bible left and right- I was wondering if there is anywhere in the bible that says interracial marriage is a sin. I know there is a bit in there about gays, and people who fuck animals, and incest- but I was wondering if race was even a factor back then, sin-wise. That and I know some "triple K" are hardcore religious folk, and was wondering if they might have gotten some major inspiration for the racial hate through the bible.

3) Do you think God watches over you all the time, overseeing every single action you take? Or does he delegate that to a "guardian angel" in your belief system, or neither? I'm interested to see whether you think someone has their eye on you all the time, whether you think your life is already pre-determined so there is no need to watch over you, whatever is your belief.

Remember folks, batteries, batteries! Bolded parts for the lazy.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

1. It gives some people comfort that they don't get anywhere else in life.

2. No clue.

3. Yeah, God pretty much has a handle on it seeing as the whole "omnipotence" thing means he shouldn't suffer from stress.

Off topic, I've been a bit more religious lately in that I've started wearing the cross that was presented to all the graduating seniors--little reminder about Jesus and the favor I owe him. On the other hand, the existentialist "Suppose there isn't a God." has been hitting me harder than ever. Bottom line: Believe, because if God does exist (my opinion) then faith will give you some kind of everlasting reward. If God doesn't exist, than the faith you held on for so long to comforted you in your life and made it meaningful, regardless of the void that came after. Better safe than sorry?
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by
      2) This is mainly for Christians who read the bible left and right- [b
      I was wondering if there is anywhere in the bible that says interracial marriage is a sin. [/b]I know there is a bit in there about gays, and people who fuck animals, and incest- but I was wondering if race was even a factor back then, sin-wise. That and I know some "triple K" are hardcore religious folk, and was wondering if they might have gotten some major inspiration for the racial hate through the bible.

3) Do you think God watches over you all the time, overseeing every single action you take? Or does he delegate that to a "guardian angel" in your belief system, or neither? I'm interested to see whether you think someone has their eye on you all the time, whether you think your life is already pre-determined so there is no need to watch over you, whatever is your belief.

Remember folks, batteries, batteries! Bolded parts for the lazy.

It says nothing about interracial marriage. Just plain and simple gay folks go to hell and so do animal sexers.

In the bible it says God sees everything you do and know every sin you do. He is every where and yes he knows whay everyone is doing every moment.

God is real and in times to come everyone will find that out...... some the hard way. That is why it is important to try to bring the truth to everyone out there. Jesus died for our sins so we could go to heaven if we choose to accept him.

Everyone should go to church B)
      Last edited by Scoop; 05-17-2005, 10:02 PM.
      4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
      4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
      4:Geio> DEEZ?
      4:Geio> LOLOL
      4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
      4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
      4:spirit> LOL
      4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
      4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

1. well, finding religion in the first place is good. it gives u guidance. but ur friend there IS doing it for the wrong reason =/

2. no. interracial marriage is not a sin. i know several couples who are both pastors who are of different race.

3. yes. god is watching everyone all the time. ALL THE TIME.

and now, i bid thee to wait for Disliked's viewpoint.
        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

note the edit above. had to add some.
          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL

Comment

Not a religious person but:
            The bible can be inturpeted and used for almost anything. I find it kinda funny sometimes inbetween my moral outrage, people, using the bible in this day in age when the teachings apply to living in 100 CE. Socially and on so many other levels, what it has been used for in the past 50 years by most religions is disgusting. Now before I get flamed, just explaining: Whatever it says is not evil, wrong it is only how it is used.

The most sensible theory is that if god does exist then he does not live in this universe and does not care/involve himself in anything we do/know. It's hard for a lot of people to go with that but I think a lot of this "personal relationship with god" or divine intervention stuff is nothing more then self importantce, which is normal for humans so i'm not blamming them. On this subject nethier science or religion has any answers at all in my opinion, I just feel it's time we start to see that.

Comment

BURN HEATHEN. no just kidding.

but that is sort of warped. If you think of all the miracles that have happened then you would know god exists. like all the corrupt stuff comes from satan. just read the bible once. I swear you will belive then or atleast think much more about it.

Comment

There's always an explination for everything scoop. I'm not saying god doesn't not effect the lives of humans because I dont know and neither do you. If he could effect anything then he would have to have a method of doing so just like everything within our universe, a simple "god did it" isn't good enough for me and it shouldn't be good enoguh for anyone. Most religions have become corrupt because of the idea that they're completly right without question.

Comment

Many prophesies from th ebible are already comming true.

Comment

religion is not divisive, people are divisive. tons of people i have met online are religion haters, most of them misunderstand religion. religion does more good in this world than it does bad, im pretty sure of that.

i think of myself a spiritual person, but i am not that devoted to christianity or prayer really. it's hard to say.. hard to say. i call myself a christian though, but i guess i dont follow it too closely.

but why not? i live my life and some of the wisest and happiest people i have ever known have lives that revolve around their religion. if you live your life an athiest, that's fine. if you live your life religious, your life will be just as good and who knows, you may be rewarded in the end and you may be wrong, but as socrates said, eternal sleep is nothing to be afraid of.

what keeps people from being religious? religious people can have doubts. religious people can accept that they arent perfect without being hypocritical. people will be good or bad, whether they are religious or not. if you do something that your religion says is bad but you dont believe is bad, you dont have to think that you are going to hell. what have you got to lose, you know? you don't have to lose your identity either.

i guess all i am saying is that religion is fine with me.
                    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                    apt>yes u can wtf
                    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                    apt>na
                    apt>ill show you pictures
                    apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Im a Christian and i dont care what other people think about religion. It is about finding whats right for you i guess...... although I withought a doub belive Crhistianity is the way to go. i meen i dont wanna be telling you guys to do whatever you want becuase thats not right, it will get you to hell, Gods got a plan for us all it just depends if you decide to follow it or not.
                      In My Opinion
                      Last edited by Scoop; 05-17-2005, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Well I'm not about to believe in something without knowing but the knowledge that we have the choice, that the possibility of god existing or not is something to cherish in this life. Knowing I think is beyond out understanding, knowing of something above us... on both sides I think it's important, to actually believe something.

the only reason it seems like i'm anti religious is because my view point and postion is unacceptable to most Christian/main stream people I've met, not that I'm getting it here but I guess it's just how I am on these topics...
                        Last edited by Kolar; 05-17-2005, 11:31 PM.

Comment

've recently come into religion(I was and somewhat still am of the belief that you have many different ways into Heaven, just as there are many different ways into Hell) for a rather uncommon reason. It wasn't done for myself, initially anyway, to make myself a better person because I believe myself to be a good person and I am told as such by many of the people I know. My reason for reantiquating(that's correct right?) myself with religion(tried it once before a long time ago, sort of same reason but not nearly to this degree) is Abigail, my girlfriend. I truly believe that if there is someone as great as her on this Earth, than there has to be a God. I know it sounds sappy, but she just makes me feel that damn good, physically(not sexually though there is that although we haven't done anything, but it's more that 'being complete in their arms' type feeling), emotionally even though we have ups and downs, mentally and spiritually. I used to debate against having to conform to one path(still do kinda) but I ask now instead of debate. She and I have talked about Heaven and God in joking around(our conversation on if God masturbates or not was hiliarious) to serious, where we toss ideas back and forth about anything from what we think ghosts really might be in terms of religion(we both kind of agree they are probably demons) to how Lucifer could have turned evil even though God created him as an Angel, and thus good. She is rededicating herself to her faith, which I am very proud of and very honored to be a part of, because she wants to include me. I just hope one day, hopefully far in the future, when it's our time to leave this life, that I will be lucky enough to join her in God's Kingdom.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                          .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

1. I feel a couple of my friends are religious simply because everyone around them was when they were growing up. Before I moved to a new city, I felt the pressure that I had to be either religious and accepted or be an outcast looked down upon by all the "saved." I just wish my friends could experience the world outside their little boxes and ask their own questions and find the answers for themselves. And if in seeking their own truths they end up back where they started, Christianity or whatever religion, then so be it. Me? Well, I became a physicist (well, student at the moment).

3. Neither.
                            Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
                              By that same logic, what about all the asshole people on Earth? Do they disprove a God or gods? You can't just pick and choose one side of it.

Of course, if you were a Christian, you'd quote "Free Will" and the case would be closed, because there can be no other explanation when you're a Christian (or so it seems in my... "adventures" with them).
                              Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Working...
                              X