No announcement yet.

The Legend of Zelda GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I would hate the cel shading and the fact that the Link was some knockoff kid in Wind Waker. Then I actually played the game and realized that despite the animation the puzzles and gaming was still on par with Ocarina of Time and that cel shading just gives the game something new and interesting. Call it kiddy, I thought it was cool though and I loved playing Wind Waker.

I'm definitely looking forward to the new game - especially since Zelda games are the only games I buy for my GameCube (which is the only system I own.

PS: Ocarina of Time or the original Legend of Zelda is the best (I can't fully enjoy the old one anymore because of how repetitive and crappy it is - but back in the day it kicked ass).

EDIT: And like TK said, the Wind Waker Link is just as much real Link as the previous games (barring the first). He even becomes "the Hero" so I don't see why having some little kids who suck shit at killing things and wear the same green clothes as Link running around Link's hometown is a terrible thing.
    Last edited by genocidal; 05-19-2005, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
      I thought Majora's Mask was just kind of a cheap knockoff of Ocarina of Time (which is the superior game, imo).
      MM, only zelda game I never finished. Ocarina of Time I wasn't a huge fan of (started off slow, but I really enjoyed the second half and I was glad I stuck with it). MM though, just bored me to death. I don't know anyone who finished it actually.

Comment

Twilight Princess looks phenomenal... when does it come out, 'll need to preorder it.

Ocarina of Time was much better than Majora's Mask, but I think it's a toss up between Ocarina or Link to the Past as the best Zelda. My personal favorite is Link's Awakening.

I just wish I knew the complete timeline of Zelda... I believe it goes like this:

Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, The Legend of Zelda, Link's Adventure and finally Wind Waker.

I'm not sure whether to place Majora's Mask, The Oracle games and Minish Cap because a) they are kinda like spin offs(Link's Awakening is a spin off too but I put it in anyway) and b) 've not played the Oracle or Minish Cap games.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
        .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Is Link to the Past or Link's Adventure the weird one where you walk around with the regular overhead view (regular for Link's Awakening and Legend of Zelda) but when you hit the baddies it jumps to side-scrolling view? Whichever one that is I always found really hard - maybe I should try again sometime.

Comment

Yeah, if you goto my hollywood video, and you want to play the new Zelda, I'm sorry, but I'll be having a monopoly on that one for life, until my boss says I can't rent it anymore.
            DELETED

Comment

Majora's mask is rated one of the hardest games offered on the N64, thats why alot of people can't finish it.
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.
              . â–²
              ▲ ▲

Comment

It's not hard, it just sucks.
                Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Everyone knows there are only two zelda games, the first one is Link's Awakening, the second is A Link to the Past.
                  Then end.
                  sage

Comment

How was it hard to people? It had the same difficulty level that OoT did, IMO. I agree with DTF, it just sucked. That stupid moon time phase bullshit annoyed the crap out of me.
                    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

So, I guess there are more Zelda fans on TW than I expected.

I've already got money down on TP.. went over to EBGames and reserved it as soon as I knew that I could.

I didn't particularly like TWW, but this is a whole different game. Other than TWW, I'm on the borderline of being obsessed with any Zelda game (especially OoT).
                      I'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
                        It's not hard, it just sucks.
                        i found it quite hard although at the time i was a kid). i think i got to where you had to get into some castle and get fish or something. i know i died once and had to start from outside the castle again; didn't bother trying again

but yeh i remember that moon phase thing annoyed the shit out of me too

Comment

The new LoZ is supposed to come out this fall/winter, I believe. And no, you don't start out as a wolf. As far as I can tell, you are only a wolf in the "Twilight world".

I just started LoZ:OoT Master Quest since I haven't played the original in years. It's just as much fun as I remember. I'm stuck in the Fire Dungeon though. :/

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
                            i found it quite hard although at the time i was a kid). i think i got to where you had to get into some castle and get fish or something. i know i died once and had to start from outside the castle again; didn't bother trying again

but yeh i remember that moon phase thing annoyed the shit out of me too
                            I quit whenever you had to turn into that stupid fish thing. That's where my friend quit playing too. As for being hard, I didn't find it anymore difficult than any other game. Never had a problem with dying. Just didn't like playing as those stupid creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                              I quit whenever you had to turn into that stupid fish thing. That's where my friend quit playing too. As for being hard, I didn't find it anymore difficult than any other game. Never had a problem with dying. Just didn't like playing as those stupid creatures.
                              You mean the Zora Mask? Heh, swimming as a Zora was pretty fun.

I can go on about Zelda all day. Twilight Princess is looking really sweet, but I still think the name is lame. I can get over that, though. Ocarina of Time is my favorite, but A Link to the Past is pretty close behind it. The Wind Waker was fun until you started sailing. It took longer to sail to the dungeons than it did to beat them, and that just sucks. It was two dungeons and a ton of difficulty short of a good game. I enjoyed the cel shading. That turned out better than I expected, though it did lead to a few blurry textures.

As for the timeline, my figuring goes like this:
                              TMC --> FS --> FSA --> OoT --> MM --> LA --> WW --> Z05 (now known as Twilight Princess, I wrote this all out before it was named) --> OoS + OoA --> LttP --> LoZ --> AoL

I have a long description for my reasoning, but I won't bother pasting it unless someone just really wants it.

Anyway, Twilight Princess is looking really good, but I'm holding off on a pre-order until I see what bonuses will be coming from various retailers.
                              Ten seconds left until midnight. Nine chances to drown ourselves in black hair dye. Eight faces turned away from the shock: seven windows and six of them were locked. Five stories falling forever and ever. Three cheers to the mirror, now there are two of us. Can we have one last dance?

Comment

Originally posted by Pitfan
                                The new LoZ is supposed to come out this fall/winter, I believe. And no, you don't start out as a wolf. As far as I can tell, you are only a wolf in the "Twilight world".

I just started LoZ:OoT Master Quest since I haven't played the original in years. It's just as much fun as I remember. I'm stuck in the Fire Dungeon though. :/
                                You've got to admit, a wolf sure beats a rabbit. Also, I'm not man enough to try that, the water temple was hard enough normally.
                                People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Working...
                                X