No announcement yet.

Apple on x86?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they want to encode videos? Make an iPod movie player, and boast the best machine for encoding videos.

I must admit I'd only use the iMac here for Adobe stuff. And even then once we have a full PC version I'll be using it instead of the Mac. Much faster at half the price.

Edit By the way if you hate the way a) iTunes encrypts your mp3s when you upload to your iPod - b) ITunes takes forever to put any mp3s on it - c) You just hate iTunes - Then get the latest RealPlayer.

Detected my iPod and uploaded songs in a zip As opposed to iTunes which made the USB2.0 connection feel like a USB0.5 connection.
    Last edited by GuruMeditation; 06-07-2005, 12:19 PM.
    gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
    gravy_: Electric granny chariots
    gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

this is interesting.

Comment

Did anyone get a copy of the developer version of Tiger (for Intel processors... I guess they're calling it OSXi)? It was apparently leaked somehow, but I haven't come across anyone that's actually seen it. Feel free to reply via PM if you know about it.

Secondly, I'd be interested in knowing what you Mac guys think about Apple's possibly locking OSX down to Mac hardware (via a Trusted Platform Module chip or whatever).
        Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
          Did anyone get a copy of the developer version of Tiger (for Intel processors... I guess they're calling it OSXi)? It was apparently leaked somehow, but I haven't come across anyone that's actually seen it. Feel free to reply via PM if you know about it.

Secondly, I'd be interested in knowing what you Mac guys think about Apple's possibly locking OSX down to Mac hardware (via a Trusted Platform Module chip or whatever).
          Can't wait.
          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

The developer version downloads are fakes. Stay away from any you see. Poor x86 guys are getting burned left and right scrabbling for it, and quite honestly they're being stupid. OS X as 600 meg? Not even. It would have to be DVD sized before you should even consider the mere possibility that it's legit. The Tiger Installer DVD is over 2 gig in size, and naturally the development boxes won't come with Installers.

I think they will be locking X down to Apple branded hardware, and they can do a pretty good job of it, too. It won't last forever, but they can keep up a pretty good fight especially at the beginning.

I do not however think that's the wisest of solutions. If I were heading up Apple, I wouldn't do anything special for it at all, and would simply state that no matter if you have a legal copy of the OS or not, Apple will only support the use of the OS on Apple Branded Machinery. Then just let Piracy run rampant and unchecked for X for a few years. Let it chew on Microsoft's market share.
            "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Working...
            X