Quote Game! LB has done it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Game! LB has done it again!

Note: Sorry guys, serious topic again! Lawlz, let's save the witty posts for other places, eh?

The name of the game this time?- Quotes! Quotes quotes quotes, and how they can affect and enrich our lives! What I want to do, is to use BrainyQuote.com to spark discussion and see what you guys have to say about a variety of things. What things? I'm not going to be quite as strict this time, for the most part it's up to you! My only requests are that you: 1)keep this serious (light-hearted stuff is fine, but random "please find me funny" posts aren't welcome), and 2)- stick to quotes found on the site. I'm going to give you a broad range in hope of varied responses and sparking an eagerness to contribute positively (once again) to the forum. I'm starting to sound a bit sappy aren't I? You're getting hesitant because you might have to put some effort in your posts here, aren't you? Well good, because you will!

Ok, here are the specifics. You'll simply go to BrainyQuote.com (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics.html), pick a quote, and

elaborate on it. Tell us what you think that quote means to you, and add anything else about it that you feel the need to get across to us. I'm going to provide a link to the main topics page, so you can have easy acess to a multitude of topics to browse through. All I ask is that in your post, you provide the quote (duh) and the link to the page which you got it from. I'm not trying to question the valitidy of your opinion and quote, it's just that you might inspire other people to look up similar stuff, and it would be a good starting point.

Example!<<---(((

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jr
    Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...r_king_jr.html

^--13th one from the top.

To me, I think Martin Luther King Jr. was trying to explain that change and progress will not come from sitting around, or taking the easy paths in life and making easy decisions. It will come through hard work, difficult times and like he said, continous struggle. What he was also saying at the end of that quote, was that a man can't ride you unless your back is bent. Which means to me, that a man can't annoy you, can't bring you down, unless you let him. I think this quote is inspiring and helps people realize that others can only hurt you, or bring you down as much as you let them. To deny them that is to deny the insults or negative emotions to take root, and affect you.

)))--->>>Example over!

That's it! Not so hard, right? Well of course you can expand upon it (if you want to go that extra mile, gotta love those overachievers :wub: ), and here's how! After you've told us all you have wanted to for that quote, if you think there are other quotes, or other people that have quotes on that site, then put those links below your explination.And on the subject of the explination, I'm not looking for a page long essay, or 3 paragraphs of stuff. At least 2 sentences, but you don't need to go beyond a paragraph. If you want to go into detail that's fine, just try not to drag it out too much for the sake of the other readers.

Example!<<<---(((

Anyway, that's the quote I decided to tell you guys about. Here's a few people that have quotes along similar lines as MLK Jr:

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...as_gandhi.html - Gandhi

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...bonaparte.html - Napolean Bonaparte

)))--->Example over!

>>"Why LB, there is a little section on the right side of each quote page, above the ads that says ' related authors'. Why not just steal those!"

Well I'm glad you asked that, friend- I want to see authors or quotes thatyou think go along with what you posted, not what the site thinks. If they match up, great! But don't feel like they have to, or that you have to just use those.

Another way to contribute is to shoot down a quote. Do you not like something a quote says? Quote it (lol) and tell us why! Don't say " because I think it's stupid lol afk", give us some solid reasons why, and what you think should be changed about it to make it truthful, or right in your opinion.

Keep one quote per post please, and don't spam 3 posts in a row or anything like that. Take your time and add over time, no need to post 30 times in 10 minutes and then feel like you never have to come here again.

Last but not least use a quote that you like, from a topic you like!This wouldn't work if we all just got easy quotes to make ourselves feel smarter on the internet! If your quote is about dogs and not "life, death, love" or something else of that nature, so what! Be proud to talk about what you want, as long as it's a quote from this site. If you find a beer quote and want to tell us what you think about it, be my guest. Just make sure to avoid making fun of anyone because of what they chose, or just because you might disagree with them. Like most of my topics, keep it clean or stay out. I'll add more besides my example (which I would have put first anyway, btw), so make sure to add your own! It's honestly not as hard or takes half as much time as it took to read this whole thing. Enjoy, and contribute!
    Last edited by Liquid Blue; 05-31-2005, 12:49 AM.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Man I was an on an exclimation frenzy when I wrote that. Oh well. Carry on!!!
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Hmm, was it too much to ask for? Maybe I dragged on explaining the whole thing, or maybe it just required too much to do for one topic? Feedback on why this failed please, it's the only way I can make better topics for the forum.

Comment

A game that works requires little thought and for it to be explained within 5 sentences.
        DELETED

Comment

dont try so hard

just post shit
          can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Nationalism is a silly cock crowing on his own dunghill. - Richard Aldington

hahahah cock.

hoooweeeee
            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Thanks DA.

It's not that I'm breaking into sweats over these topics or anything (although that is alot of shit that I wrote, can't believe some of you actually read it all now that I look at it :fear: ) - it's just that there are enough topics where people "just post shit". I like topics where there is alot of discussion going on and people are talking/arguing, whatever. Those are the topics I like to post in, and so those are the ones I want to keep putting out.

Comment

I will probably like to play, but english in our school is crap and forces us to think about what stupid books mean on the inside.

Comment

"I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate." - George Burns

I love this quote. I agree with it more than anything. My mother and grandmother told me that I should be a doctor or a lawyer because they make good money, and honestly, it was interesting to study it for a bit, but after awhile, I was bored. So I decided that I didn't want to do it, they threw shit fits, but I was happy, and that's all I cared about. I think that's what everyone should care about first and foremost: themselves and their happiness.

Comment

"Little babies are made for male interests" -Ilyaz

I personally agree with Ilyaz on this one. Nuff said
                    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Working...
                    X