No announcement yet.

Got an iPod? Install Linux on it and use tons of cool programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stabwound, this is a godsend and the best thing ever. Thanks for sending it, I'm going to be travelling and now I have even better ways of killing time. All my pals are jizzing over it as well. $
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Thats fookin sweet

Comment

bump
        sdg

Comment

Just an update: the fbgnuboy (Gameboy) emulator has been ported to work on iPodLinux! It is pretty damn awesome. A lot of games work at 100% speed, and they look great. The only problem is that the standard iPod screen is a bit smaller than the Gameboy screen, so about 1/4 of an inch is cut off of the bottom of the screen. It does cause some problems in some games. They are soon going to add smart scaling so that you can choose between just lopping off the top or bottom to make it fit, or actually scale the graphics down to fit.
          sdg

Comment

I hate thinking about inputting text with anything but a keyboard. Seriously, it's the kind of stuff I have nightmares about.
            The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Yeah it kinda sucks but it's better than nothing. Not bad for taking small notes etc.
              sdg

Comment

Just so people know, I dunno if there's any kind of warning on the linux install deal or not. iPod hard drives were not built for continuous read/writing. They were made to spin up, and dump song information into memory and that's it. If you put this kind of thing on your ipod, and then burn out your hard drive, you're going to be SOL. The average lifespan for an ipod harddrive staying spun up is measured in hours.
                "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Working...
                X