iPod vs iAudio X5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod vs iAudio X5

I want to know if anyone has the iAudio X5.
    Also, between these two products, I'd like an unbiased review of the two.

iAudio X5

go to the apple site for the specs on the iPod.

Anyways, if you're only going to post something like "iPod is better omgzors you n00by nub" then don't even bother posting. I'd like an objective discussion.

Have fun, and if you do have the X5, please tell me how it is.
    boo...:eek:

Cousin just got his yesterday, it is spiffy, but the price point is WAY too high. (Around 450-500$)
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

which, the X5 or iPOD. for the ipod, by the way, i'm talking about the 20 gb model.

I'm comparing both models.

According to the site, the X5 sells for $300 too?

Comment

I have an iPod, and I've never used an X5, but just looking at it I get the impression that it is a jack-of-all-trades and master of none kind of device. From a review website:
        Music Organization is one of my few major gripes I have with the X5. Currently it is only possible to use a File/Folder method to organize your music. This means that you have to have a well-sorted music collection otherwise you will never be able to find anything in an acceptable amount of time.

The way nearly all other players (e.g. iPod, Rio Carbon, iriver H10) nowadays work is by building an id3 database which allows a lot greater flexibility and lets you sort your music either by Genre, Artist, Album etc.
        One of my favorite things about my iPod are my smart playlists (these could be available on other MP3 players, too, but I don't know). I have playlists on my iPod that help sort my music by how I rate songs, by which songs I play the most, and by which songs I recently added, etc.

If you're wanting a device that plays movies, music, shows pictures, records audio, etc, etc, then get the X5. If you want one that plays MP3s, get the iPod.
        Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

The iAudio looks sweet, it appears to have more features that Apple failed to cash in on whe nthey designed the iPod.

If I were you, I'd wait for a while. See what happens, read lots of reviews.

Comment

i have an iriver, and sorting by file is the way to go. i could do it by artist, etc. but tagging files takes way longer than sorting the files out into neat folders and subfolders.
            Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
            apt>yes u can wtf
            apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
            apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
            apt>so i dont miss the toilet
            Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
            apt>na
            apt>ill show you pictures
            apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Hmm

yeah, I have a SanDisk 1 gig flash. It uses folders too and it works find finding music through folders. I know my music, although it's only 1 gig, but I can find stuff fairly quickly.

Apparently, the X5 has a lot of features and software(?) which enhance the sound; the iPod does not?

I don't know. If you had neither and you could get one which would you get (assuming they're both the same price)?

Comment

Niether, because I stream my own audio via the internet (private connection only) and then I can just link up to any Wireless/Broadband connection and listen to my playlist.
                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

i went with mrs. ilyaz to the apple store because her ipod was broken and she wanted a new one but apparently you cant return broken ipods through the customer service line, you have to go to the "Genius" line and get the tech support guys to help you fix it first or determine if its permanently broken before you get a new one.

well there were like 20 people in line at that line and each person took 20 minutes.

we were there for 2.5 hours.

buy a sony minidisk player.
                  can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

I've iAudio U2, it totally owns. I wanted a player with good sound quality and that is what U2 has. I recommend iAudio
                    -Kawrae

Comment

Wait a minute, the mp3 player market is incredibly competitive. I challenge you to find a new one with shit sound quality.

Comment

CNet preview of iAudio clicky

I have an iPod, never heard of iAudio until now. iAudio looks like a feature rich player- FM, color screen, video etc. From the review it seems clumsier to use. If the extras are important enough then the iPod is out of the question.

The iPod's disadvantages are- it is only a music player and doesn't have all the extras (with an iPod photo you could also have a color picture viewer). It doesn't play some file formats, ogg and wma, for example, but both are converted automatically by iTunes to mp3s or aacs.

The iPod's advantages are- very simple to use, integrated with iTunes player (you get dynamically created playlists, sync last played/play count info, etc), over 50% market share so it has the most accessories (cases, FM transmitters, etc.), and it's in the 4th generation of development (iAudio is newer and may have kinks that still need to be worked out).

An example of simple to use- the iPod turns on instantly if you press a button, plug in the headphones, or take the iPod off Hold. In other words, plug in your headphones, press play, music goes to your ears. With my dad's iRiver, when you turn it on it takes 5-10 seconds for the OS to load before you can do anything. I was annoyed that after every auto-shut-off I had to sit and wait before I could listen to music. It was also more complicated to use.

Smart playlists-

This playlist plays my newly added songs that I have heard less than 4 times (on the iPod or on my computer). If I don't like a song, change the rating and I won't heard it again. I use this playlist in conjuntion with a playlist of my all time favorites to create a mix of new stuff and my favorites. When I add songs, they automatically are added and hang around a couple of plays or until I rate them down.

It's extra work to rate songs, but I like being geeky and creating the "perfect" couple of smart playlists that I listen to all the time. They are now my radio stations that play a "perfect" stream of music that I want to listen to.

More lunatic raving about iPod/iTunes
                        Last edited by geekbot; 06-19-2005, 08:08 PM.

Comment

iPod win simply because they can run Linux. So stfuz.

Comment

I just have to mention, you don't even need to use iTunes to use an iPod. There is a winamp plugin available, and it works pretty good. You can even sync winamp playlists/ratings/playcounts.
                            sdg

Comment

I'm going to sell my Creative so I can get an iPod, not because of a bandwagon hop, but I really want Linux on it.

Next I will be bleaching highlights into my hair and wearing ripped clothing.

Woe.

Comment

Working...
                              X