Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laptops! know them? (not a parody thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cundor
    Mike,
    tell me how to get my laptop connected with my stereo ty very much
    line out on computer -> line in on stereo..

use a cable with a minijack in both ends..(dont know if you call the plug "jack" where you live, but its the normal plug you got on headphones and simular)
    Throughout time, there’s been
    crimes, throughout our history
    But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
    Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
    Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
    Come on and take a stand
    Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
    and all the kids are running
    from London to Manchester
    cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
      Agreed. If you've got a problem with Dell, you're going to have a problem with ANY laptop.
      well, i never had any problems with fujitsusimens, hp or acer. the biggest problem with dell is when something goes wrong, and you need to contact support. it might be different from country to country, but where i live there are no support. well, they are there, but wount do anything to help you, even when you got wrong computer sendt in the mail..
      Throughout time, there’s been
      crimes, throughout our history
      But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
      Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
      Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
      Come on and take a stand
      Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
      and all the kids are running
      from London to Manchester
      cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

Lease a leptop from a company. Its like £30 a month or something for a high-spec laptop which is great value in my opinion. In most cases I think you can take them away once you have paid it all off.

Comment

Agreed. If you've got a problem with Dell, you're going to have a problem with ANY laptop.
          Do you mind elaborating on that? I've had a negative impression with Dell's longevity and esp their customer svc. I even talked my dad out of getting a Dell when he needed a new PC because of this fact.

I was hoping you would be more specific so I can figure out whether my concerns are unfouned or not.

Comment

Originally posted by scumbag
            ive currently got a Toshiba Sattelite Pro, never gives my any trouble and has a good spec, plus the weight of it isnt bad, depends on how much your shoulders can take i suppose
            That one's not bad, but isn't it a bit expensive?
            DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
              Do you mind elaborating on that? I've had a negative impression with Dell's longevity and esp their customer svc. I even talked my dad out of getting a Dell when he needed a new PC because of this fact.

I was hoping you would be more specific so I can figure out whether my concerns are unfouned or not.
              I currently take care of around 30 different laptops at work. Throughout the time I've worked there, I'd say the number's more like 100. I've seen all sizes, shapes, flavors and steppings, and no one (with the exception of older Thinkpads) consistently work better than the rest. Everyone's trying to undercut each other, so the workmanship and OEM parts going into laptops is going downhill in quality. Likewise, the support's about the same for all of them (unfortunately). Everyone's outsourcing end-user support to India, and chances are you're going to get someone that has to have you spell out your simple last name 8 times before they get it right (not racist, it's just annoying fact).

The other thing that most people take for granted is this simple fact:
              Just because it's a laptop in a carry-able form factor, doesn't mean you can sling it around like a yo-yo.

I've seen people do really retarded things with a laptop and then wonder why it didn't work after they slammed their fists on the lid.

EDIT: Also, Dell's the best about coming out on site to replace non-servicable parts too (like LCD panels). I don't know if this is just because I'm an "higher education institution" end-user, but everyone else seems to want you to send the computer back in for servicing for things like that. Downtime = bad.
              Last edited by ConcreteSchlyrd; 06-21-2005, 01:29 AM.
              Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

depends on what you wanna do with it. I've been using a G4 powerbook for the past year or so (it was a gift). it can do your standard word processing, internetting, etc. makes for a handy portable dvd player, too. don't have to worry about virii or spyware, either. good luck playing games on it though. then again, gaming with a trackpad kinda sucks.
                I've used both the 12" and 17" powerbooks, and I gotta say I prefer the 12". it's just the right size to fit in your backpack (no bigger than a typical textbook), and fairly light too. gets hot on the bottom, but most laptops do anyways. it really all depends on what you wanna work on. macs are good for some things, shit for others. if you've got someone to pay for you, or you're not adept at computer maintenance, I'd say go for the mac. if price is an issue, or you want a little more freedom with your machine, go dell/whatever.

Comment

I currently take care of around 30 different laptops at work. Throughout the time I've worked there, I'd say the number's more like 100. I've seen all sizes, shapes, flavors and steppings, and no one (with the exception of older Thinkpads) consistently work better than the rest. Everyone's trying to undercut each other, so the workmanship and OEM parts going into laptops is going downhill in quality. Likewise, the support's about the same for all of them (unfortunately). Everyone's outsourcing end-user support to India, and chances are you're going to get someone that has to have you spell out your simple last name 8 times before they get it right (not racist, it's just annoying fact).

The other thing that most people take for granted is this simple fact:
                  Just because it's a laptop in a carry-able form factor, doesn't mean you can sling it around like a yo-yo.

I've seen people do really retarded things with a laptop and then wonder why it didn't work after they slammed their fists on the lid.

EDIT: Also, Dell's the best about coming out on site to replace non-servicable parts too (like LCD panels). I don't know if this is just because I'm an "higher education institution" end-user, but everyone else seems to want you to send the computer back in for servicing for things like that. Downtime = bad.

Cool, thanks. Does this make a difference if I'm looking for a notebook, instead of a lappytoppy?

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                    That one's not bad, but isn't it a bit expensive?
                    its usually £1,300, but thanks to my uncls connections at a well known communications company, I got it for £600 :grin:
                    Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
                    oNe-t> YEAH
                    nopcode> before going out
                    funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

If you're not going to play games on ur notebook ... you shouldn't really be spending more than about $1200 for one imho. $1200 should get you a solid notebook that can do all that word, excel, photostuff, internet etc etc stuff. But if you have money to burn then by all means upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                      X