Why mmorpgs are the devil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why mmorpgs are the devil

Here is proof that games like World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Everquest, etc. are killing our society...literally.

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/ht...506140037.html

Discuss.

Criminal neglect. Get your own computers and connection, silly parents.

Although I'm sure they're pretty gutted about it. Unless they get to play WoW in jail.

Originally posted by Disliked
    Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ.
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

work of the devil? cause of two peoples stupid mistakes it affects all?
        Girl if it's alright,
        100%.

Comment

Something similar happen to this in a Asian country was some guy died from playing diablo 2. Apparently the dude had played it like 4 days straight without stopping and basically died I believe of dehydration.

On a more personal note I will admit that MMORPGs are the most addictive game out there. I mean for the most part I can say I am addicted to games because I am posting on a forum for 2d spaceships. I believe their is levels of how addicted you are to video games.

Basically it goes:
          Console games/Single Player
          Multiplayer on Console(Not online)
          Online Computer games/ Console Games
          MMORPG games/Pay to Play Games

It comes down to when you start playing a game that cost monthly you want to be the best of the best so you end up spending 20x more on that game

Now with the article I am not really surprised this hasnt happen yet. I mean I am really surprised know one has killed themselves from losing ie a match or tourny of some sort. I could see that this will be a bigger problem in the near future.

Thats my 2 cents on the whole realm of video game addiction
          I am just wandering if video games give you urges to play like people are urged to smoke.

Comment

This would never have happened if they were out burning American flags like the rest of the Koreans their age.

Comment

After being kicked out of a guild in Everquest this kid killed himself.

I think the games are good, they're somewhat addictive and I was addicted to UO back when it didn't suck but I think it's the person who has addictive and anti social tendencies in the first place. All of this is pretty rare also, keep that in mind, there's a lot more out there "killing our society".

Comment

Its their own stupid fault. Irresponsible morons.

Comment

Ah, koreans, no surprise there.
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.
                  . â–²
                  ▲ ▲

Comment

A more PC comment, Kim, would be

Ah, people. No surprise there.

edit: you think they met here?
                    http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=19126
                    Last edited by Theif of Time; 06-24-2005, 07:43 AM.

Comment

I don't think MMORPG's are to blame here, just bad parenting.

Comment

Yes, mmorpgs are simply the excuse/symptom of the bad parenting. Just like, for instance, a certain game is not the reason I don't study for exams as much as I should. I'd find other ways to procrastinate without it.

Comment

Worrtlebay!
                          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                          1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                          1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                          1:Chao <ER>> at all
                          1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                          1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                          Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

SHERRTLEBAY!

Hehe, you guys are getting me wrong . I wasn't saying this seriously, like "All mmorpgs should be banned forever." I was saying, "Wow, look at how stupid people are, putting their fantasy lives before their real ones." I know its not the games fault...This has happened many times before in other mmorpgs. I'm just saying...

If you want to live longer, play Subspace. Hi Puretle .

Comment

thats why u dont play everquest or WoW... they are the work of the devil
                              Big Chill

Comment

Working...
                              X