New Monitor...life through a new set of eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Monitor...life through a new set of eyes

Wierd, my monitor blew up yesterday morning. It's the first time I've been around one that it happened to. There was a pop, sparks, then smoke started rising. Hah, freaked me out for a couple seconds, then I was like..."Crap, I need to buy a new fucking monitor. What a shitty suprise."

Then, I realized, "Cool, I need to buy a new monitor. I've been needing an excuse to upgrade. What a cool suprise." Even cooler, Costco has a sale (coupon only) on 19" flat panel monitors, and my other one was 17", and was a huge monstrosity sitting on my desktop. Took up waaay to much room, so this is actually perfect timing because the coupon expires tommorrow! So I'm glad it burnt out yesterday, instead of after the 3rd. Anyway, today's my birthday, so I can just consider it buying myself a present, I guess.

I love how huge and bright everything looks. Trenchwars looks fucking awesome with all the lights off. It's like a totally new view on the internet. I have a problem though...one of the pixels is dead. Can I just return it for a new one? Is that normal? Or do I just have to live with the one pinkish pixel on an otherwise perfect monitor?

Depends on the manufacturer. Most manufacturers have a defect rate of up to 3 or 4 pixels that can be burnt out before they consider replacing it. However, if you bought it from Best Buy/Circuit City/etc, you could try just going and being a huge, loud asshole until they replace it. Sometimes you can get away with that.

Other times, you'll be politely told to fuck off.
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

It was from Costco. I guess I will call and ask. Thanks Mr Conc.

Btw, it's a Princeton. I wasn't sure if they're a piece of crap or not, but the price was right. Anyone know if they are decent monitors?

Comment

If you'e talking about gaming, the quality of TFT monitors can generally be decided on the response time. Anything below 12 is good and I'd say 12-16 is acceptable.

Comment

Yea, it's a 12. But it was under $300 on sale. I just hope it still works in 3 yrs.

Comment

My dad has an LCD one that has a response rate of 7.

I was like OGMZOGZ

Sony BTW check it out:
            LODI DODI
            Last edited by DoTheFandango; 07-02-2005, 08:19 PM.
            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Holy crap, does he actually let you use it? You're stoked to see pron on it.

That's funny...poverty sucks. That monitor costs what I need to live for 2 months with. Haha, I'm such a douchebag.

Comment

I can't go near it, it cost just as much as the computer I believe. He likes his quality.
                Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Working...
                X