Game On: NHL and NHLPA reach Tentative Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game On: NHL and NHLPA reach Tentative Deal

Earlier today, the NHL and NHLPA reached a tentative deal on their CBA to be ratified by the respective parties.

I know a lot of people only going to post criticisms against the NHL and the PA, and others against the sport itself, but I for one just want to see the sport I love return.

Expected details for the CBA can be found here: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...74&hubName=nhl
    Key details include a 24% across the board salary rollback, a salary cap of $39 million and a salary floor of $21 million, and a minimum salary of $450,000 and a maximum salary of 20% of the salary cap.

With the CBA close to being adopted, we now enter what is probably the wildest free agent/salary buy-out spree in any professional sports league.

Thank god, about time.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

yay

i dont watch a lot of hockey on tv but i missed going to caps games to watch them lose
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

good to hear
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

go leafs go
          this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
          (:3=

Comment

Originally posted by dchao
            go leafs go
            omg, you live in Philly, screw Flyers! :ermm:

Go Leafs Go! :laughing:
            AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Troll King, the thing that everyone wants to know are they fairly close to reaching a settlement?

Will there be a NHL season coming this October?

I hope so...

I wonder in NHL history did they ever lose a season cause of NHL vs PA problems? I think in the 1970s, can't remember.

Comment

Both bargaining teams are bringing the deal to their constituents for a vote. Bargaining teams usually won't do this unless they're sure their side will vote in favour of it.

Comment

i also use tsn for all my sportsgoing needs
                  Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                  Philos> there is something about you
                  Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

The problem I have with tsn.ca is that sometimes the loading times get really slow. I think it has something to do with their Reader Response sections at the bottom of most articles. It even slows my connection down if I try to go to another site immediately afterwards.

Comment

After 300 days these bastards make a settlement!!
                      the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Avalanche for Stanley Cup!

Comment

Looks like the owners got pretty much everything they wanted while the players assocation pretty much bought into the two big topics that the PA had straight out denied when the idea had been introduced since the lockdown last September. Players definitely biting the bullet here, but if its for the fans, I kind of respect that. Owners for one, don't give a shit about the fanbase, even though hockey is suffering compared to other sport leagues. There's also a dilemma concerning who will broadcast their games as well, which hopefully will be resolved shortly after the agreement is met and signed.
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by AcidBomber
                            omg, you live in Philly, screw Flyers! :ermm:

Go Leafs Go! :laughing:
                            I am from Philly too....hate the Flyers also!

Am a Devils fan personally
                            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Isn't that like Heresy?
                              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X