No announcement yet.

Lord of the Rings Questions(1 - 2 - 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord of the Rings Questions(1 - 2 - 3)

In the Lord of the Rings 1, the Fellowship takes a wicked journey through Moria. They meet/know of a creature named Balrog, who is this thing? What is the history of it? Has it ever fought in a great war that you could read about?

Also, the elven witch of the forest, when she is talking to Frodo about looking in the mirror, Frodo offers her the ring. She becomes enraged and blue? What was that about?

If you have any questions, I'm sure anyone would be glad to help out! So post lets make this a nice thread.

go outside, stop playing D&D
    Big Chill

Comment

Another question:

On the way to Amen Hen, they pass 2 great and tall statues. One looks like Isildur and one looks like Gandalf? Who are they and why are they there?

Comment

no yes no and yes
        7:RoDNeY> u dont know what afk means u think it means the arab way of saying KFC

Comment

Read the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Not ThiX
            Another question:

On the way to Amen Hen, they pass 2 great and tall statues. One looks like Isildur and one looks like Gandalf? Who are they and why are they there?
            I don't bother to write it in my own words so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argonath.

And do what Disliked suggested.
            megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
            L K> taught u what?
            megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
            9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
            9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

I put on my robe and wizard hat.
              G[y]Ro> omfg
              G[y]Ro> u nerds
              G[y]Ro> NERDS
              G[y]Ro> ALL OF U

Comment

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 14 (8 members and 6 guests)
                Suzie-Q, tahkis, Tarriskat, Not ThiX, King's Sword, Cool koen, Herik, Cranium

hmmm
                Reinstate Sarien
                ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

In the Lord of the Rings 1, the Fellowship takes a wicked journey through Moria. They meet/know of a creature named Balrog, who is this thing? What is the history of it? Has it ever fought in a great war that you could read about?

Also, the elven witch of the forest, when she is talking to Frodo about looking in the mirror, Frodo offers her the ring. She becomes enraged and blue? What was that about?

If you have any questions, I'm sure anyone would be glad to help out! So post lets make this a nice thread.
                  I think that she sees the power she could possess by obtaining the ring and decides it is to much and she would turn into the dark lord.
                  "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                    I think that she sees the power she could possess by obtaining the ring and decides it is to much and she would turn into the dark lord.
                    SITH LORD???
                    megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                    L K> taught u what?
                    megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                    9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                    9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Originally posted by Rion.
                      I put on my robe and wizard hat.
                      hahahahahaha yes!!!! I wonder who else gets this joke
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

I personally don't know, but you might try Googling for it.

Also, here are a few links that might help:
                        Balrog Wikipedia entry
                        The Encyclopedia of Arda (Balrogs entry on the Encyclopedia of Arda)
                        Lord of the Rings Wikipedia entry
                        Last edited by Saturn V; 07-14-2005, 02:16 PM. Reason: stultus loves men
                        Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                          <--------
                          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                          ---A few minutes later---
                          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                          9:Kim> UM
                          9:Kim> i didn't
                          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                            I also get that joke.

Comment

They meet/know of a creature named Balrog, who is this thing? What is the history of it? Has it ever fought in a great war that you could read about?
                              It's the same kind of creature as Gandalf/Sauron. Just evil and corrupted in a different way. Read the Silmarillion. Actually, unless you want to be bored off your ass, don't read the Silmarillion. It like reading the fucking bible.

She's not an elven witch, she's Queen Galadriel, and she already bears one of the rings of power, and is being tempted by the One Ring, if she took it, she would abuse the vast power she would have, and that's what that is all about.

On the way to Amon Hen, they pass 2 great and tall statues. One looks like Isildur and one looks like Gandalf? Who are they and why are they there?
                              Those are the Argonath. The statues are of Isildur and Anarion. They're just the marking for the northern border of the Kingdom of Gondor.
                              "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Working...
                              X