Anime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    Wow I didn't know they made so much for macross 7, isn't max the captain in that one? Does he ever scramble his valkyrie again or is he really old by that time?
    Yes he is the captain and [spoiler]yes he flies again for a bit, but is not a main character[/spoiler]. The show follows the exploits of Max and Millia's youngest daughter Mylenne on a space colony ship called Macross 7, a fleet of ships with a population of 1 million where Max is the captain and Millia is the mayor of the city. Mylenne is in a band called Firebomber, and this band is the focus of the story. In it they're attacked by weird aliens, and through the power of song they slowly fight back. It's a bit cheezy, but if you like 90s j-rock at all, it's a pretty fun ride. But since so much depends on the 90's j-rock it's little wonder the show was never brought outside of Japan.
    Last edited by Epinephrine; 08-06-2005, 01:18 AM.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

You should watch Naruto epi. Even though its mainstream and 12 year olds love it and think it's the best series ever, and all the annoying flashbacks and 20 different drawing styles.
      DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
      Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
      Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
      -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Anime really sucks in my opinion, go watch pokemon please :turned:
        Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY...
          You should watch Naruto epi. Even though its mainstream and 12 year olds love it and think it's the best series ever, and all the annoying flashbacks and 20 different drawing styles.
          It looks so much like the new DBZ to me and I really didn't like DBZ at all...
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Great
            Elfen Lied: Funny
            Shingetsutan Tsukihime: Cute

Comment

Right now, starting on Nadia: Secret of Blue Water (i.e. the other Hideaki Anno anime).
              - k2

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                It looks so much like the new DBZ to me and I really didn't like DBZ at all...
                DBZ was just crap with fights over and over, and a repetive story (Ooo some bad guy from planet xxx is coming! Fights with Goku, bam, done).
                Atleast Naruto have a story, and some characters there are really funny, with great personalities. You have to expect to see some "lame" humor though, not everything can be perfect
                Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Comment

I find it annoying how many people who haven't seen any anime at all say anime sucks and everything. Maybe it's just me though. I'm easily annoyed by people with awful music taste too.

I recently got into Bleach and Full Metal Alchemy, and they're both quite nice. The crappy jokes are awful though. Especially all the faces they're making in Bleach and the opening/closing theme songs are embarrassing (I need to close my door and forward the themes every time).
                  last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Originally posted by Mulkero
                    I find it annoying how many people who haven't seen any anime at all say anime sucks and everything. Maybe it's just me though. I'm easily annoyed by people with awful music taste too.

I recently got into Bleach and Full Metal Alchemy, and they're both quite nice. The crappy jokes are awful though. Especially all the faces they're making in Bleach and the opening/closing theme songs are embarrassing (I need to close my door and forward the themes every time).
                    ROFL! I kinda liked the first opening song to Bleach, and the 2nd ending song is good too. The 2nd opening song is really great.

Nothing beats the opening song naruto got now, it sucks ass.

Comment

My all time favorties have to be: Gundam (original), Zeta Gundam, and Marmalade Boy (the manga).

I was surprised I liked Marmalade Boy so much, since it's shojo manga. But the characters were great, and the story was so fucked up I couldn't help but like it.

I also like Hikaru No Go, but that could be because I like to play Go.
                      Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Ghost in the shell

ALL i have to say is Ghost in the shell "stand alone complex"
                        man this thing rocks .. story is really great also makes you think whos laughing man...
                        1. You're reading my comment
                        2. Now you're saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
                        4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
                        5. You're checking it now.
                        6. You're smiling.
                        7. You're still reading my comment.
                        8. You know all you have read is true.
                        10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
                        11. You're checking it now.
                        12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts

Comment

Originally posted by Saturn V
                          I also like Hikaru No Go, but that could be because I like to play Go.
                          Great anime. Which Kyu are you at? Maybe we should try a match once, if you're not too good :P

Comment

Last edited by M1ssy 612; 04-01-2006, 03:21 AM.
                            U SUCK!

Comment

If no one has seen Appleseed the movie or Steamboy, see them now! ^-^

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                              .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

My new updated list, I dropped alot of anime's cause they were just getting retarded. Naruto,Bleach,Trinityblood,Suzuka,Shuffle, and Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken TV. I dropped Basilisk, and Speed Grapher because of pure laziness.

Comment

Working...
                                X