No announcement yet.

Russian sub trapped underwater...rescue underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see a Canadian segment in a WWII game. Part of that of course is my sense of national pride, but it's awkward when WWII games simulate D-Day and just mention in passing that the Canadians were going to take Juno. Even if it were just a historical failure like Dieppe, I'd still love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
      Saving Private Ryan was the D-Day landing in 1944.
      oh god yeah, forgot, the thing about that is whenever somebody mentions D-Day, im sure most of the time the beach landings appear in peoples heads,
      most of the time no one ever remembers the Airborne

Originally posted by Troll King
      I'd love to see a Canadian segment in a WWII game. Part of that of course is my sense of national pride, but it's awkward when WWII games simulate D-Day and just mention in passing that the Canadians were going to take Juno. Even if it were just a historical failure like Dieppe, I'd still love to see it.
      and in answer of this i can tell you that there have been some canadian maps added to BF1942 fairly recently, multiplayer only though, as far as ive seen
      Last edited by scumbag; 08-08-2005, 09:56 PM.
      Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
      oNe-t> YEAH
      nopcode> before going out
      funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
        well,

no one wants to play a mission that they'll lose.

That's why you never play as the Germans.
        Originally posted by Tone
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer
          well,

no one wants to play a mission that they'll lose.
          I think it'd be better if they did, not just for historical accuracy, but because that's war; you can't expect to be successful all the time. And like how the failure at Dieppe helped make the success at Normandy possible, playing in a failing mission will make the experience of later success feel more fulfilling. The Canadian role in D-day and in Italy would be great additions to a WWII game; the Canadians broke through farther than anyone else on D-day and they were key to breaking the German line in liberating Italy. For that matter, the Italian campaign is also often overlooked.

Comment

I actually wouldn't mind a mission or two where we are losing. You could set it up as a mass retreat is being called, and you have to cover the other troops backs as they escape. Maybe involve gunning down chokepoints and bottlenecks of german troops, or firing and falling back to different positions. It can be done, I actually don't know why they don't try a couple of missions like that, to be honest. Maybe we didn't have a chance to "fall back" or "retreat" alot of times, but I don't think a little stretching of the truth would hurt.

Yea I saw Enemy at the gates, and I've watched the entire Band of Brothers series. It's a wonderful series, if you haven't checked it out you should. Also saw Saving Private Ryan, was pretty good. I was at a LAN yesterday and my friends and I played MOHAA for a couple of hours. At first we were doing some FFA with random guns, but it turned into a sniper match. Then we all hopped into stalingrad, pulled out sniper rifles and had a blast. Another good sniper map is sniper town (I think it's offical name is destroyed village) , and Crossroads. Good stuff all around.
            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Working...
            X