Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things that happened over the summer. And what the lesson was.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't want to work with people who hate me, so i'd be happy with the result.
    SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

Originally posted by Dealt
      What martin Luther should of done.
      I think nailing a his Ninety-Five Theses on a church door was more effective anyway.
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dealt
        but certainly in the UK where a black person will be hired to fill the same spot as a more qualified white person..
        When I stared at my company I had 0 vacation days for the first 2 months and then accrued month by month. My counterparts in the UK got 5 weeks the day they started- more than the most senior person in the US (including the CEO) got for the year. They also got something like a *year* of salary if they ever got laid off.

I.e., boo friggin hoo for the UK. : )

Comment

Tick 'white' on the application form

Last edited by ZeUs!!; 08-11-2005, 02:23 PM.
          Originally posted by Facetious
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

well, you could look at it this way. anyone who can get away with dicking around all the time probably has better people skills than the guy who works all day. the guy who did macros or whatever probably spent his free time schmoozing with the higher-ups. i know i find that one of the best ways to not do work at jobs is to talk to my bosses, if i talk to someone else they get pissed, but if i talk to them they enjoy the break and dont yell at me. im not saying that overall, the hiring procedure isnt skewed racially, but i dont think it neccessarily makes sense to say "well i did more/better computer work so i should be a manager." at least in my corporate america experience, a lot of managers don't really do anything, all they have to do is run around badger the people actually doing the work. thats a completely different skill set than sitting at a computer.
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Bio....out of curiosity, where was this GE job located? Upstate PA?
              Not all companies are like this, but from my sales days of dealing with architectural firms in upstate PA, they are still living in the past by about 4 decades. Mayberry USA!

Intern with a company in Center City Philly, not Easton or Wilkes-Scranton, PA.

I only know yer in PA from the years we have known one another on TW, so my suggestion is to get out of the coal mining corn growing areas and come back to civilization. If you where an ACAD designer we would have hired you in a second last June & you would have had an office with a door
              May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

suds
                Big Chill

Comment

Working...
                X