Monitor Buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Buying

Hey, my previous monitor broke and now I'm in the position of deciding what new monitor to buy.

Well, since this is Trench Wars it's not so important to the people here, but I play SVS primarily now and SVS has no res cap. Now, I really don't feel like spending excessive amounts of money so I can play on 2048x resolution on an online 2d spaceship game and win online battles through the ability to lob bombs from the opposite side of the map... but while I'm buying a new monitor, I might as well get 1600x1280 resolution.

So my question is, does anyone have any advice or specific monitors to recommend? I would much prefer a LCD monitor due to the fact it'll make for more convenient transportation to and from college, but I understand that LCDs generally cost alot more than CRTs and are also harder to adjust the resolution on. For example, I note that all 17 inch, and for that matter all 19 inch LCDs seem to have a maximum resolution of 1280x1024, and I don't know whether I can force it past that or not, and if I force things, what effect it'll have.

In general then, I think I will be looking for an affordable 17 inch CRT (with 1600x1024 or more resolution support), but if it's possible to force a 19 inch LCD to 1600x1024 without problems, then I would also be interested in that, so long as it does not cost too much (after all, I need to justify spending the extra $$). I'm looking for the price range of $100-200.
    - k2

If you can put up with the horrible screen latency of an LCD then be my guest, but personally I'd go with a cheap flat-panel CRT.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Hi PH! :sorcerer:

Comment

I like my 19 inch dell flat screen monitor It's heavy as shit but it's got a sick picture.

the sony tubes are pretty fucking schweet, i don't know much about the lcd's i know enough that I'll stick to my fat ass monitor.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I've got a 17" Philips TFT, running at 1280x1024 - i'd buy from them again.

Comment

A few months ago, my monitor exploded and Costco happened to be selling a 19" Princeton "LSD" flat panel for around $275. I don't regret it, but the quality is not as good as the more expensive ones. I just don't have a need for the higher resolution monitors, like hardcore gaming, graphic design, watching movies, etc.

I'd buy it again, cuz the price was right.

Comment

My dad has a really nice Sony one, I can't even use it, because I have a tendency to put my fingers on it.
              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

I have a Flatron FT monitor which has served me well for a good couple of years. I also have a Dell flat panel monitor which also serves me well.

Comment

Working...
                X