• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Bans In Metal Gear

Metal Gear POLITICAL CENSORSHIP

Hi everyone -- Spinsanity here!

Well, It is official....

Metal Gear zone Bans people for "talking about politics"

This according to a guy that calls himself Testtube----- he imposed A ONE YEAR BAN on me for "talking politics"

He claims "talking politics" is Metal Gear rule, but there is no mention of this in MG rules list.

I understand why racism, or other abuse would be banned ... BUT FOR TALKING POLITICS ????

I am assuming this testtube guy is a rabid mindless bush supporter, who has a fascist bent to his personality.

TestTube's version of a leader

I can assure you I was not
    1. disrupting the game play
    2. being abusive
    3. being racist
    4. spamming (or otherwise taking up too many lines)

In fact I was very much contributing to Metal Gear, even being a top flagger in the brief time I have been playing. I even recommend people in my chats to try out this zone.

Before Testtube banned me, I was getting censored... being silenced for up to 1000 or 3000 minutes (could not get massages, or talk to my team or use other functions)

Earlier, a green public message up "You will be silenced for talking politics" warning the whole arena that political conservation is not permitted, meanwhile talk of racism goes without punishment in Metal Gear.

It seems in a game where there are shots fired and the enemy, and the fact that President Bush lied us into a illegal war where over 1800 of OUR troops have been killed, its a GIVEN that politics would crop up... especially when we have Limbaugh, Hanity, Savage, O'Riley spreading their propaganda and mis-informing the American voter.

I would like the larger Sub Space community to voice your opinion, either ALL zones should ban players for political comments or they should not. I encourage you to monitor Metal Gear zone for further abuses.

Thanks to all
    Spinsanity

I think you need to shut the fuck up and stop trying to talk politics in a 2d spaceship game...

fucking nerd :sorcerer:

Comment

gtfo!

:groovy:
      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Who is your daddy, and what does he do?
        duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

oh yeah and pics have to be hosted on your own server... fuckhead

Comment

Yeah I definitely thinks it's less that he disagrees with you and more that you were one of the following:
            1) Spamming stupid shit the internet feeds your dumb impressionable mind.
            2) Being stupid.
            3) Being annoying.
            4) Being ugly.

Comment

im the only one that doesnt hate spinsanity or tone
              5:gen> man
              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Metal Gear Rule #12
                12. The aforementioned rules are the foundation of SSCC Metal Gear CTF, and are not a complete list
                of the rules. While new rules are constantly being made (and changed), it becomes more and more
                crucial that you cooperate with the Metal Gear staff when at all possible. This includes situations
                where a rule may not be explicitly defined. While you may or may not completely agree with what a
                moderator has to say, you are still asked to comply with his or her requests.

Originally posted by Disliked
                Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

i don't hate anyone really

okay i lied

i'm pretty sure i hate the guy who ran over my dog when i was six, but you just don't fuck with a man and his best friend
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Don't leach bandwidth with those image files.

Metal Gear is its own zone, it has nothing to do with TW.

There's nothing wrong with discussing politics but you're more about talking at people with politics Spinsanity. It's not your message but your methods that gets you into trouble. I've seen you kill entire publics by spamming your anti Bush macros. Not because there's a lot of Bush fans out there but because people are tired of it, they're tired of seeing politics in every facet of their lives and when it gets thrown in your face when you're trying to play a game and have fun... Do you want to piss people off?

Testtube can do what he wants with his zone anyways.
                    Last edited by Kolar; 09-09-2005, 01:34 AM. Reason: TUDE

Comment

I was on a forum once that didn't allow the discussion of politics, because online it only leads to flaming.

Comment

Seriously ... I'm not the biggest Bush Supporter at the moment, but hearing someone cry on and on about it is just annoying as shit. It can even be the same crap about a democrat and I'd still feel annoyed.
                        DELETED

Comment

Oh jesus christ please god no.

He found the forums.
                          sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                            Oh jesus christ please god no.

He found the forums.
                            :grin: im still rofling very loud about that comment.
                            A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Thank God, I asked TW to ban your spamming ass over a year ago. Congrats to MG for seeing the sense in banning someone who is merely here to disrupt the game. Your lame ass cut and pasted macros have nothing to do with free speech.
                              Your inability to understand both sides of ANY discussion and your obvious over-reaction to this ban tells everyone exactly what they need to know about you.

Comment

Working...
                              X