Broken Flowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuck the scene kids
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
      Dude, fuck that. He was fucking awesome in Lost in Translation, not to mention bad as fuck in Ghostbusters, Rushmore, The Life Aquatic (the boat shoot-em-up scene? ridiculous)... hell, he was even decent in Groundhog Day, and I don't like that movie at all.

Ed Wood, Kingpin... the guy's got a lot of great movies under his belt, and a pretty damn wide swath of capability.
      The do sort of agree that he seems to be doing a lot of the same roles of late, though I should save judgement until after I've seen this film.

Comment

Can people please stop quoting Squeezer's forum posts when replying to them? That way I can continue to live in an alternate forum world where he finally committed suicide.

Conc: I liked Broken Flowers a lot, but I didn't really find the ending "abrupt" so much as... "unresolved," maybe? We definitely come a long way with Murray's character to his concluding monologue, and the movie felt pretty "done" at that point- Jarmusch just throws the last, intriguing trick in to keep it from getting staid at the end.
        I also thought this movie was very "centered" compared to most of Jarmusch's other work (certainly more than a Coffee and Cigarettes or Stranger in Paradise), which is interesting, but I'm not going to be so presumptuous as to say it's a "mark of maturation," or whatever. I definitely felt that Murray and Jarmusch made for an amazing director-lead relationship, and even if the film were less sharp than it is Murray probably could've carried it.
        Originally posted by Ward
        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

he's not that bad of a guy, I don't agree with him sometimes but he's no tone, that's for sure.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

T0ne is actually really, really funny as long as you don't reply to anything he says.
            Originally posted by Ward
            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Life Aquatic was good and pretty funny but it definitely was one of Anderson's worst. It seemed like he tried to cliche himself or play off of his cliches too much. Nonetheless, good. Royal Tenenbaums was his best.

Comment

Didn't he do rushmore aswell or am i completly off the mark and left myself open for criticism?

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                  Dude, fuck that. He was fucking awesome in Lost in Translation, not to mention bad as fuck in Ghostbusters, Rushmore, The Life Aquatic (the boat shoot-em-up scene? ridiculous)... hell, he was even decent in Groundhog Day, and I don't like that movie at all.

Ed Wood, Kingpin... the guy's got a lot of great movies under his belt, and a pretty damn wide swath of capability.
                  This man does not lie--Ghostbusters was pretty hardcore.
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Fit of Rage you are not street-wise
                    Originally posted by Facetious
                    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I wasn't raised on the streets.
                      The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                        Fit of Rage you are not street-wise
                        You're always intoxicated so I'll forgive your lack of judgement just this once.
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                        X