No announcement yet.

Revolution Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, that's...interesting. Still won't get a revolution though.

Comment

This has got to be one of the best things for video games I have ever seen in my life. Sure, things like fighting games may be a chore ot figure out how to use and sports games button assortment may be limited a bit... but think of this potential this has...

If you've read the 1up.com article you would know about the Metroid demo, and I think, aside from a lightgun on a rail driven FPS, this has got to be the best controller set up for an FPS. It gives the feeling of actually being in the game, holding the actual gun in one hand and say(this is just an example) holding the controllers to your armor/mech/flashlight/etc in your other hand. Just imagine, someone brought up Zelda, imagine what they could do with precision aiming with the bow or boomerang. Aim at a Moblin's head, fire off an arrow, run forward with the analog stick to a second moblin while switching to your sword and then slash across its face and chest...

This solidifies it... I will be getting a Nintendo Revolution before a PS3... price was the big issue before, but this now confirms, in my opinion, that Nintendo is back to reclaim the throne. Just hope I can come up with a way to pay for the Revolution after my 360 purchase <_<

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
      .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

I'm glad they're not conforming to the usual boomerang shaped pieces of shit you always get.

This has some huge potential for the FPS genre.. screw that, any 3d game, think about using it as a bat in a tennis game, or even a golf club, a snooker or pool cue, a sword in Zelda... The possibilities are endless and I'm excited. Its going to be a completely new way to play your games and for that reason, I love Nintendo.

As my friend says, people are too stuck in their ways of PlayStations and Xboxes and I doubt people will accept it at first glance. Just wait until those fuckers play the damn thing.

Comment

Risky of Nintendo to make something like this. It sure is revolutionary (is that even a word?). And it looks fucking awesome too, hope theres gonna be some fighting or sword fighting games there.
          DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
          Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
          Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
          -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

I wanna poke a pikachu
            DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
              I wanna poke a pikachu
              I'm sure you can beat the crap out of Pikachu when Super Mario Smash Brothers comes on Revolution.
              DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
              Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
              Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
              -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

I predict that in 5 years Nintendo fanboys will be in better shape because of this than xbox and ps fanboys. :P
                People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Arms to rival Arnold's

Comment

looks very unique and intresting, im still getting a 360 tho
                    Big Chill

Comment

i saw that stuff on vgcats.
                      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

ouch

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...edown/revo.swf

Comment

lmao ... SPANKED!
                          DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
                            This has got to be one of the best things for video games I have ever seen in my life. Sure, things like fighting games may be a chore ot figure out how to use and sports games button assortment may be limited a bit... but think of this potential this has...

If you've read the 1up.com article you would know about the Metroid demo, and I think, aside from a lightgun on a rail driven FPS, this has got to be the best controller set up for an FPS. It gives the feeling of actually being in the game, holding the actual gun in one hand and say(this is just an example) holding the controllers to your armor/mech/flashlight/etc in your other hand. Just imagine, someone brought up Zelda, imagine what they could do with precision aiming with the bow or boomerang. Aim at a Moblin's head, fire off an arrow, run forward with the analog stick to a second moblin while switching to your sword and then slash across its face and chest...

This solidifies it... I will be getting a Nintendo Revolution before a PS3... price was the big issue before, but this now confirms, in my opinion, that Nintendo is back to reclaim the throne. Just hope I can come up with a way to pay for the Revolution after my 360 purchase <_<
                            I co-sign.

Now Im imagining looking up at a tree branch and aiming my hoot shot at it and swinging across a pit and then BAM! Getting out the hammer (if there is one in the next zelda) Pounding the shit out of stuff.

Gotta love this. I hope nintendo suceeds, if any game company deserves success its definitely nintendo.

Comment

I wonder if kids will be able to properly figure this thing out. Do most kids even have the hand-eye coordination to use this thing effectively? Nintendo's target market are kids... is this a smart thing to do?

Also, moving around so much like that and having shooting games may be fun (we've all played duck hunt, and I've played the Sony EyeToy before) but in the end it's a lot of moving. A lot of the appeal of games is that you can sorta lie back and do minimal moving but still do a lot on screen. Nintendo has spent tons of money over the years on peripherals like this (like the power glove, the super canon thing for duckhunt that had autofire, the DDR-like dancing board they had back in the day) and it's never really turned out before. By making the only controller of their new console like this, I wonder if it will work.

I guess we'll know when we see it for real.
                              Last edited by Epinephrine; 09-17-2005, 12:53 AM.
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Actually, I think they'll probably get used to it faster than older players. Kids adapt to these things much quicker than adults. If Nintendo releases a new Mario game in the launch period, that'd help as they tend to use new Mario games to help get people used to their new consoles.

The new controller is also (in theory) the best for FPS games out of not only the next generation of consoles but possibly the best ever, and FPS games tend to target older players. If they can get a good lineup of FPS games beyond Metroid Prime, they could draw more older players.

Comment

Working...
                                X