Politicial demonstrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politicial demonstrations

This doesn't affect anyone here (except perhaps the 2 NZers who use these boards) but last saturday New Zealand had its general election.
    A brief overview: Labour is the left wing party, was in government. National is the right party, was in opposition. Theres also a bunch of close minded (of differing degrees) individuals in various misc parties.
    Anyway, our ex prime minister, Helen Clark, came to speak at my university last week.
    So she gets here, and then these young national protesters bring up their placards which say things along the lines of "Y R U so Ugly" "Cook me Sum eggs Helen" and "I am so smrt, I am so smrt (I didn't catch the rest of this one" and these idiots succeed in drowning her out and generally making dicks of themselves. One even had one of those crudely draw pictures of a penis.
    I seriously expected them to start telling her to sit, or call her noob!
    They only reinforce the idiotic stereotype of the ignorant right wingers (not to mention their lack in spelling). Now there are some right wingers that aren't ignorant and have done their homework.

So has anyone else encountered similar hate campaigns in their elections? (to be fair, both major parties have been hate-campaigning against each, but this is just ridiculous)

Originally posted by Disliked
    Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Mud slinging....what election has not had this campain tactic used?

Happens on both ends Left Wing or Right.

It's a shame that politics have stooped to become such a low level means of degradation.

Politicians here in the States are ridiculous...just knowing that there entire career in life is to be a life long bureaucrat is nuts. I would love to see the US Congress & Senate work a blue colored job for 6 months with the pay scale and insurance woes that the common man must deal with.

The basis of the U.S. politician was that it would be the common man that would make a sacrafice to his country in leaving his career to work in politics for a small time and then go back to what they where doing prior to being in office. Mind you this was the theory back in the late 18th century.

You will never get people to stop mud slinging...regardless of the levels and stupidity it can reflect upon their own parties.

Check out http://www.jibjab.com to see the humour reflecting in both sides of the U.S. campains between Bush & Kerry..especially the ones listed as:

This Land!
    Good to be in DC!
    Second Term
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

over here at least some politicians are ex-teachers, or ex-business managers. Theres always a couple who have made it on their parents money, of course. but with a student loan now reaching $8 Billion, working is vital in some way.

Comment

Did you hear about Germany, the election was tied and so both people think they won.
        Originally posted by Jeenyuss
        sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

I did, lol. Apparently they were going "I won!" "No I won!" "No I won!"
          We had a really close election, but at least no-one is saying they won. They're just saying they're not giving up, heh.

Comment

the I am so smrt thing is from the Simpsons. It finishes with S-M-R-T, Doh S-M-A-R-T. It was done on purpose. This only further causes me to realize what a newb you are.
            To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
            brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

It was the Afghan elections recently, and because there's a high illiteracy rate there they had symbols next to their name, to help the voters recognise them. Some had symbols like a duck or a cow, but I noticed in the corner (saw it in a newspaper) that one guy had 2 planes as his symbol. I wondered how he got away with that. o.0

Comment

well at least it wasn't two towers.
                pv, I got the simpsons reference. I can't totally remember the rest of the placard, but I know it didn't end in doh. Sure it was done on purpose, but does childish name calling really have such a place in a general election?

EDIT: It seems that childish name calling does have a place in an election, the politicians do it all the time.

Comment

I don't know about how it is in New Zealand but in my experience, no political demonstration is complete without at least one tall, skinny white guy with dreadlocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                    I don't know about how it is in New Zealand but in my experience, no political demonstration is complete without at least one tall, skinny white guy with dreadlocks.

ROFL
                    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Theif of Time
                      One even had one of those crudely draw pictures of a penis.
                      Haha thats brilliant (unless there's some deep anti-feminist message in there which I never got, in that case its not so brilliant, but on face value a guy waving a plaquard with a cock on it at any serious event makes me laugh)
                      Originally posted by Facetious
                      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

unless there's some deep anti-feminist message in there which I never got,
                        Well they're anti-feminist, but I don't think theres anything deep about it. Except perhaps deep shit.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                          Haha thats brilliant (unless there's some deep anti-feminist message in there which I never got, in that case its not so brilliant, but on face value a guy waving a plaquard with a cock on it at any serious event makes me laugh)
                          yeah i give credit to the protesters for being funny and creative. Way to make politics interesting.
                          To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                          brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Working...
                          X