Hey Canadians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Canadians

My friends and I are planning on heading up to Canada over winter break, finding a place to stay, and doing some skiing. So where's a good place to ski in Canada. Any opinions?

Well the obvisous is Whistler, but there are many other places, in Quebec and a few smaller resorts in Ontario.

Ummm when i get home from work i'll find some sites for you.
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

yung's house.

Comment

Thanks Adman. Damn lift tickets are becomming so expensive I see. If anyone knows any like place that has great deals on lift tickets that would be sweet.

I'm not sure why Whistler is obvious but it's somewhat cheaper than some of the other ones, although still expensive. Is Whistler like supposedly the best?

Comment

Whistler is considered in many parts of the world as the premier ski resort in North America.

That, and it's got a giant aura of second hand marijuana smoke.

Comment

Fuck that, go to the sawtooth mountains, that shit is high. You might even see a bear. Good scenery if you ski or snowboard fast enough.

Comment

LOL Mitch! I'm sure that's what he's traveling all over for... to find a bear :-)
              -Ziba
              Trench Wars Player -- nshspride@yahoo.com

Comment

second hand marijuana smoke eh? That's kind of the 2nd reason we're heading up to Canada, although I personally don't smoke all my friends do. This Whistler place is starting to sound intriguing.

We're looking for a place that's got some pretty hardcore shit on it by the way, none of that fancy pay $20 for a hot chocolate and a cookie while the whole family learns to do a wedge down the slope.

Thanks for the info so far guys. In all reality my dad knows a whole ton about skiing and where to go so he'll probably help us figure this out over thanksgiving break, but I"ll mention this Whistler place.

Comment

LOOK HERE LITTLE WEASE!

Comment

Sleepy, Whistler is great, its got everything from bunny hills to quadruple black diamonds, some of the hardest slopes in the world. It also has amazing scenic routes, and is the home to one of the best strains of weed around, BC Bud.
                    ROCKING MY OWN WORLD SINCE PUBERTY.

Comment

BC skunk you misinformed slut.

Comment

Whistler is the only hill in Canada that's part of the world cup circuit for skiing (I think). Either way it's for sure the best resort in Canada, and home of the best weed in the world!

-Epi
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Ok, well apparently Whistler is like 3000 miles away from Pittsburgh, so while I hate to say it, fuck that shit. East coast baby.

And oh yeah just heard that the exchange rate in canada is like great right now so actually everything is really cheap with my valuable US dubloons.

Comment

Blue Mountian is a good place to ski.
                            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Blue Mountain in Collingwood, Ontario isn't too bad. It's not GREAT, but depending on where you've been before it might not be bad. It's for sure the best skiing in Ontario. Mount Tremblant in Quebec is probably the best in Quebec. From what I hear it's a bit nicer than Blue Mountain, but definately a family place.

Perhaps you might want to stay in the US and just go to Lake Placid, New York. Ultra cheap there and you get to ski on Olympic hills if you're that good a skiier

-Epi

P.S. If you're going to go around now you're crazy. There's no snow outside in Ontario right now :P
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                              X