Baseball Thread (USA ONLY PLZ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Thread (USA ONLY PLZ)

October is near. And you know what that means.

Major League Baseball Playoffs.

So, The AL East is getting intense with the Red Sox (my team of choice) and the Yankees. They play eachother at the end of the season, a series which will ultimately detirmine the final position of each team.

Also, the Indians have a slight lead of the AL Wildcard, which could play a huge factor into either of those teams plans.

The AL Central is still open to either the White Sox or the Indians, seeing as the Indians are playing the ever horrid Tampa Bay Devil Rays, and the Chi Sox are playing the equally bad Detroit Tigers. Again the Indians own the Wildcard for the AL by .5 games, keeping them in the playoff chase for a while now.

The (LA) Angels of Anahiem have a comfortable lead over the Oakland A's with 3.5 games. Oakland is holding on by a thread, but it is 6 games out of the Wildcard.

The Braves, as per usual, own the NL East, as they have the past 14 years (to little or no avail in most cases though). The St. Louis Cardinals also are have a comfortable 11.5 lead on the Astros, while the Houston has a 1 game lead in the wildcard.

The NL West (also known as the shit pan) is a mess. Some teams still in contention are under .500 winning percentage for the year. They don't matter.

Give your predictions, hopes, and dreams here, it should be a good 5 weeks.
    Last edited by DoTheFandango; 09-25-2005, 11:01 PM.
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

I'm rooting for the Indians to pass the falling White Sox, but I also really hope that the loser hangs on to the Wild Card. I'm sick of seeing Red Sox/Yankees as it takes away from the rest of the playoffs. I won't call that rivalry overrated, but I will call it overhyped. In the NL, the Cards are my favourites to go all the way.

Comment

I just want to see Steinbrenner go ballistic and fire everybody in sight. Fuck the Yankees. I'm going for the Sox again in the AL.

Naturally I'm rooting for the Astros in the NL, but they've been doing this every year since I started following the sport. They show a little strength, then go out with a quiet whimper come playoff time. So I'm sure it'll be the Cards here again.
      Originally posted by Tone
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
      Originally posted by the_paul
      Gargle battery acid fuckface
      Originally posted by Material Girl
      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I forgot Canadians like Baseball too, could a mod change it to NORTH AMERICANS only plz?

Ok.

Well, as being a Red Sox fan all my life, I would love nothing more to see a Yankees/Red Sox AL Championship. Again. For the 3rd year in a row.

Is it possible for them to meet in the first match up though?
        Originally posted by Jeenyuss
        sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Phillies win the NL wildcard and proceed to die out in the quarter-finals like every year.
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

the devil rays are by no means horrible, they can definitely win games. then again, the royals ARE horrible and still beat the indians tonight

to me, the red sox and yankees are practically the same team now, i hate them both, so i hope the indians/white sox get the wild card.
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

I'm such a rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                Phillies win the NL wildcard and proceed to die out in the quarter-finals like every year.
                Hopefully this will not happen, as Ed Wade (GM) will keep his 2 year contract extensions & Charlie Manuel (Manager) will stay on board too. The phillies can do w/o the elf & bobblehead.
                May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

The prenthesised part of this thread title is redundant, competitive baseball doesn't seem to exist outside of USA. The best we get is variants taught in primary school.

Originally posted by Disliked
                  Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

either the yankees or rsox won't make it this year. AL wise I think Cleveland is going to take some names, and there the team to watch out for.

NL wise, I thinkt he cards look badass. The stros have always been my team, so i'm gonan cheer them, and if they can keep the pitching up (clemens, petitte, backe, etc) they'll do pretty well. Braves are the braves, dominate season long, not there come playoff time. Fuck the padres, just fuck them.

NL:

Cards vs Padres -- a set match already, cards will either sweep 'em, or come close.

Stros vs Braves -- Hotlanta can't win a playoff series...GO STROS!

Cards vs Stros -- the cards are a better team, and it's probably their year, so i have to give the nod to them.

The AL is still to close to call, so i can't make playoff matchups just yet.
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

i hate baseball
                      Big Chill

Comment

i hope your avatar doesnt reflect your actual views
                        5:gen> man
                        5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Would love to trade the Phillies out of Philadelphia. Man it's hard to believe that the Athletics where originally from Philly. We let them go to keep the worst team in baseball history. Phillies have had more losing games than any team in baseball history.

Now we have a senile manager, washed up bad back 3rd basemen (Bell), ex-steroid can;t hit to save his life, will make up excuses 1st baseman returning next year (Thome) A right fielder who stunned everyone with his home runs in the All Star game, yet can never hit one with men on base or in a situation where they are down in runs. Always hits solos with nobody on and usually a lead in score (Abreau), A catcher passed his prime by 4 yrs (Lieberthol).

Man I hate the Phillies....not to mention the new ball park where they made the outfield too shallow, so they put the wrong distance markers up on the fence hoping nobody would check and they goy caught.

From the players to the upstairs office...the Phillies SUCK!!!!!!!
                          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Honestly, i'm hoping for the indians to take out the chi sox in the AL central race considering they were down a shitload of games after the all star break. I would like to see the Yankees not make the playoffs, but seeing that its the yankees, they will find a way in..

NL wildcard will probably go to the astros because they have the better pitching in the long run compared to the phillies

Comment

i watched baseball live on channel 5, wots exciting about it? unless the ball hits someone on the head in crowd

Comment

Working...
                              X