Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The thread where I will attempt to answer questions you have regarding Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bioture
    No.
    Why not? A single word answer won't suffice.

Edit:how and why did God let Eve eat the apple?
    Last edited by Blanke; 10-01-2005, 08:20 PM.
    boo...:eek:

Comment

(THIS IS TOTALLY IRRELEVANT) so whats up
      Big Chill

Comment

'sup rodders.
        If we were made in God's image, then shouldn't we be perfect?
        I'm not religious, just kind of spiritual, but I think I can answer this.
        Consider an image. For example, look at yourself in a mirror. The image of yourself imitates you, and for all visual purposes is exactly like you. But that image is not you, for when you move away from the mirror, it ceases to exist (as there is no longer a direct path for light to take between you and the mirror) The image is also significantly different from you in another way: it is only skin deep. It has nothing inside, and the back of it does not exist. Its basically a 2D projection of a 3D object, if that means anything to you, and is inferior because of it.

Originally posted by Disliked
        Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
        +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by Blanke
          Why not? A single word answer won't suffice.

Edit:how and why did God let Eve eat the apple?
          God didn't let her, it was forbidden. She did it to her own accord, which ruined everything.

Edit: this is very similar to a lot of athiest questions regarding why God seemingly "let" bad things happen.
          TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
          TelCat> hoes get paid :(
          TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
            God didn't let her, it was forbidden. She did it to her own accord, which ruined everything.

Edit: this is very similar to a lot of athiest questions regarding why God seemingly "let" bad things happen.
            I know it was forbidden, but how did the snake get in there? Why would there be such an animal which told her to eat from the tree. Wouldn't have God forseen this if he is omniscient? He surely would've known the intent of the snake too.

Comment

To answer in Bioture's stead, if God micromanages the world, making the world is kinda pointless.
              - k2

Comment

Originally posted by K2Grey
                To answer in Bioture's stead, if God micromanages the world, making the world is kinda pointless.
                The whole point is that He does micromanage the world... but he also gave us a choice... much like the Eve and the apple. Yes, God knew that Eve would eat the apple, that humans would eventually turn to sin, but it doesn't mean that the struggle itself is pointless. God's plan was to send us a savior because our nature is sinful.

We need that bridge between heaven and earth because God is so infinitely holy that there would be no way for us to reach him on our own efforts or merits. Even if Eve didn't eat the apple at first, she would have still thought about it day and night and asked the key question we all ask - why not?
                TelCat> i dont

Comment

Were they concious of their position? They weren't too self-aware; they walked around naked. Only after eating the apple did they start to wear clothing.

Comment

The real question is:

If God gave man curiosity, and is truly omnipotent, then why watch us fall, why LET us fall?

It's all gonna come down to a matter of faith in the end, whether you throw science in the mix is irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Torn Wing
                      The real question is:
                      If God gave man curiosity, and is truly omnipotent, then why watch us fall, why LET us fall?
                      entertainment?

Originally posted by Torn Wing
                      It's all gonna come down to a matter of faith in the end, whether you throw science in the mix is irrelevant.
                      Now that's my kind of entertainment, watching humans applying irrational ideas to the real world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Torn Wing
                        The real question is:

So we can pick ourselves up. Would we really need God if He did everything for us? If everything was alright, or if everything was acceptable to everyone, we wouldn't need Him anymore.
                        TelCat> i dont

Comment

• Originally posted by Blanke
                          Were they concious of their position? They weren't too self-aware; they walked around naked. Only after eating the apple did they start to wear clothing.
                          Of course they were conscious of their decision, it was a pretty black and white situation if you ask me.

They became aware when their sin was revealed and they wanted to hide the sin (in quite a literal way) from God.
                          TelCat> i dont

Comment

• If God loves us all, why did he create LAG?
                            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bioture
                              Of course they were conscious of their decision, it was a pretty black and white situation if you ask me.

They became aware when their sin was revealed and they wanted to hide the sin (in quite a literal way) from God.
                              But Adam and Eve were married... and being naked with your wife isn't a sin, that's something I don't get. 'm always told nudity in itself is not a sin, how you use it is.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                              .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bioture
                                So we can pick ourselves up. Would we really need God if He did everything for us? If everything was alright, or if everything was acceptable to everyone, we wouldn't need Him anymore.
                                I really can't say I know if we would have needed God, and I don't think you can either, seeing as we cannot grasp that concept, already being born into sin and all, so you cant really say that we wouldn't need him.

Saying what you did almost enforces the idea of slavery to God.

Comment

Working...
                                X