Floridians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floridians

curious as to what you all think of the new Floridian law that allows you to shoot anybody on the street you feel will cause you harm. For those not in the no, it's like the law where you can shoot someone who breaks into your house, and thats a defence because clearly he meant you harm, well now you can do it on the street in florida, and it's alllllllllll legal.

Lets throw int he fact that florida is a state where you can by guns at a gunshow without a background check (i'm not sure if it's one of only a small few, or the only one. I know most other states don't allow it) which makes weapons easily available, and now you all have a license to kill.

This law went into effect Oct 1st, on that day they were giving out pamphlets at airports telling tourists that theys houldn't get in a fight or arguement with anyone, for fear of there lives.

The brilliant govenor Jeb Bush has also said that he doesn't think that the murder rate will go up, or that it will effect tourism.

I certainlly won't be traveling to Florida ever again, not with this law in place.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

I'm never going to visit Florida.

Comment

looking for a credible news link.....

alright... didnt believe it really, but guess its true

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...042501553.html
      Last edited by Facetious; 10-04-2005, 11:30 AM.
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

I think it's fantastic. Means the locals won't have to deal with a billion and one tourists coming and sucking us dry like leeches for 8 months out of the year.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I never really wanted to go to Florida in the first place. I hate old people.
          Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Mickey Mouse is first on the list
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I've only been there once, and it was just for a few hours before I left for the Bahamas. But anyway yea, that's kinda weird and I don't think I'll go there again.
              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
              1:Chao <ER>> at all
              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

I will avoid that state until a dem over turns this.

Guns aren't meant to incapacitate people and I would sooner punch a guy to death before I could knock him out.

Comment

I think it's fantastic. Means the locals won't have to deal with a billion and one tourists coming and sucking us dry like leeches for 8 months out of the year.
                  I hope you're being sarcastic... The tourism trade brings substantial amounts of money. To florida, especially. I'm not american so I can't really judge... but I do know New Zealand would be in shit without tourism. Judging from this site, Florida isn't as reliant, but still gets a lot of money.
                  See here
                  Florida's economy is largely based on tourism. The tourist dollars brought into the state each year account for a large portion of the state's revenue. Accordingly, the economic stability of the state depends on tourist dollars. Indeed, many businesses , particularly along the coast, are tourist-oriented and rely on revenue generated from tourists.
                  It doesn't give exact figures, which is slightly dissapointing. And the link is about the money generated by the tax on tourism, which (probably) goes to the government.
                  The plus side to this law?
                  Well, not as many people will go to jail. Murders will go down (because they changed the legal requirements for murder) but its not a very tourism (or money) friendly law.

Originally posted by Disliked
                  Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

my friend is going to live in Florida next year, and mail me back paintball guns that are "illegal" here, be fun if he mailed back a real one by mistake ^-^ ,
                    liven up the games a bit
                    Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
                    oNe-t> YEAH
                    nopcode> before going out
                    funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

so now muggers and rapists die instead of innocent bystanders, big deal

if it's too much of a problem and people all whip out their guns and start shooting anything and everyone(whatever is said on twforums always comes true amirite), they'll repeal it. easy as that
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage

yeah who needs loads of money pumped into your state?
                        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

shoot them with what?

Jizzum would be fun.
                          Originally posted by Tone
                          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Working...
                          X