Volume Logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Logic

Anyone get this yet? It's a plugin that makes your music sound sooo good..

www.octiv.com

It's a 30 day trial, but all you have to do is turn your clock back to extend it.

How, and what, exactly, does it do? and whats it a plugin for?
    Details, man

Originally posted by Disliked
    Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by Volume Logic website
      Low levels are intelligently raised and loud signals are kept under control, all in real-time. Think of it as cruise control for your tunes and turbo drive for your speakers.
      So it's a compressor filter? No thanks. Compression is for radio and voice-overs, nothing more.
      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
        So it's a compressor filter? No thanks. Compression is for radio and voice-overs, nothing more.
        Conc conc conc, trying so hard to sound intelligent by using all those technical words. Unfortunately you got the theory wrong.

raised and loud signals are kept under control: that's a compressor filter

Low levels are intelligently raised: that's an amplifier

Sooo newb plz, shut up!
        ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Originally posted by T3l Ca7
          raised and loud signals are kept under control: that's a compressor filter

Low levels are intelligently raised: that's an amplifier

Sooo newb plz, shut up!
          Originally posted by Wikipedia
          Compression is often used to make music sound louder without increasing its peak amplitude. Instead, it boosts the perceived loudness by increasing the root mean square volume by way of the make up gain that can be applied after compression takes place (compression only reduces the volume of a signal). The peak signals and the non-peak signals become more similar in amplitude after compression and the non-peak signals become relatively louder through the make up gain that is applied to the entire signal after compression. In other words, the peak of a sound wave of, say, a drum hit may be at roughly the same amplitude (because of make up gain), but the body of the sound is louder relative to the peak as the sound decays than it would be without compression. This reduction of the dynamics makes the drum sound louder even though its peak may be at is at the same dynamic level it was before compression and make up gain were applied. It is common to compress rock music or pop music heavily to make it sound louder without introducing undesirable distortion that would be introduced by exceeding the dynamic limits of a reproduction device or medium. Compression is used extensively in broadcasting to boost the perceived volume of the sound track while keeping it within strict limits (broadcasters in most countries have legal limits on instantaneous peak volume they may broadcast). Normally these limits are met by permanently inserted hardware in the on-air chain (see section Multiband compression above).

Most television commercials are compressed heavily in order to achieve near-maximum perceived loudness while staying within permissible limits.

Compression can also be used on instrument sounds to create effects not-primarily focused on boosting loudness. For instance, drum and cymbal sounds tend to decay quickly, but a compressor can make the sound appear to have a more sustained tail. Guitar sounds are often compressed in order to obtain a fuller, more sustained sound.

Compression is also often used in music production to make performances more consistent in dynamic range so that they "sit" in the mix of other instruments better and maintain consistent attention from the listener. Vocal performances in rock music or pop music are usually compressed in order to make them stand out from the surrounding instruments.
          go back to posting your tits
          Originally posted by Ward
          OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Now you can make posts The Telcat Way! ®

Comment

I can offer something else for foot-sized mouth insertion.

You guess what.

All people with naughty ideas will go straight to hell.
              Originally posted by Disliked
              However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
              when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                this made me giggle uncontrollably, my roommate looked at me funny
                Originally posted by Ward
                OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

HOHOHO lol that picture is quality.

Comment

i can almost smell the enjoyment being had out of photoshopping those pictures

Comment

Photoshop's totally fun. It's my anti-drug.

Comment

yuk yuk
                        Originally posted by turmio
                        jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                        Originally posted by grand
                        I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Did I eat the whole person or just the foot?
                          Last edited by T3l Ca7; 10-17-2005, 05:50 AM.
                          ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

OMG 18 yo, barely legal hot chick

☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Now I just dont know what to do!?
                              LoPIST> i have tons of leet freinds

Comment

Working...
                              X