No announcement yet.

My Animations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u gonna do voice overs or just stcik with the text?

Comment

That was great, well drawn/animated. I really liked the guy posing with the Scythe and the nerdy kid getting raped in the beginning.
      Last edited by RATTY...; 02-11-2006, 05:54 PM.
      DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
      Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
      Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
      -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Cool trailer. I like the "Let the bards" transition to the other drawing style.

The phrase "What drives you?" should hit harder and linger longer before the answer.

Comment

i must say i am dissapointed in the presence of mattimeo, matthias, etc. in fact, there are no mice, rats, or stoats (what the fuck are stoats, anyway) in your animation at all! redwall influence my ass.
          5:gen> man
          5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

It's going to be a series of animated shorts, each going along to specific music that inspired me, that drove me to want to create that animation.

The thing is, music is a big factor in regards to my imagination, and there have been times when I've been listening to songs, that I imagined different crazy stuff that could be happening. Why not share it with other people? I want you to see what I see, and don't worry it's not cliche emo beverly hills teen drama, or any of the stuff you usually see in RPG's. I wanted to take a closer, different look at an idea that's been done over so many times, I want you to get a sense of who these characters are when you first meet them, the trials and things they experience as it happens to them, and how they turn out in the end.

To connect with people on a level, on a path less traveled is what I'm after.

u gonna do voice overs or just stcik with the text?
            Songs, each animation will be a "chapter" in a book (coughredwallcough) , and there will be three books total. For the first book (which is what I'll probably get done in 9 months) is going to be anywhere from 12-18 chapters, I'm not positive yet, since I don't have every detail of the story nailed down yet.

Alot of the music will be by Devin Townsend, someone who I personally think is a genius when it comes to making music and someone that's say the cause of 75% of the inspiration (through his music) when it comes to Soul-Driven. That's why oh, 75% of the tracks will feature his stuff. Don't worry, it's not all the same crap either- he has hard tracks, soft tracks, etc etc, you'll see in due time.

i must say i am dissapointed in the presence of mattimeo, matthias, etc. in fact, there are no mice, rats, or stoats (what the fuck are stoats, anyway) in your animation at all! redwall influence my ass.
            Why hello thar, my furry friend! No need to worry, there is more to giving tribute to one of my favorite childhood series than by throwing in mice and badgers. You'll see my own rendentions of Redwall, Salamandastron, the long patrol, the badger lord and even those wacky pirates. Martin does play into this also, along with Matthew (asian paladin that you saw in the beginning), even some of my characters will carry similar physical characteristics with certain animals depending on what they do and who they are ( barkeep/ simple foreman will have squinty eyes and slow, easy speech, pirates might have buck teeth and big ears or long necks and the like). I also want to get the sense of imagination and wonder when it came to the food, the food in redwall is always a big thing if you've read any of the books. Even the intro to the series is like how most redwall books are, I don't want to just copy the works to show that I love them, I want to spin the ideas into new outlooks to show how much they inspired me.

There's going to be alot of stuff going on in this series and I know some things might seem weird or you might not understand them now, but it's ok I just wanted to show you guys what was coming, that's all. P.S. way after this series is done I'm doing one for Subspace, but not in the exact way that you think. It's at least 10 months away though so just file that in your memory banks.
            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

wow, the long patrol, that was the rabbits, right?

Comment

yessir, and the book is one of my favs, it's right over there on my shelf. They won't be rabbits, but they will be british!
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

never got up to that one, i stopped reading new ones at some point in elementary school. i think i re-read all of the ones i had at some point later though.

Comment

LB...have you used 3D Blender yet?

http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Home.2.0.html

Blender is the open source software for 3D modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback. Available for all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License.

We have been using if for 3D rendering of our Architectural products, and it's been great working with it. Just thought I would ask since it can work with your animations from 2D to 3D. We pretty much render all of our 2D ACAD files and covert them to 3D now. Try it out if you get the chance
                    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Nice movies you have there

I'm working on a flash animation too right now, I'm almost done; I'm at my 6th possible ending, I'm going to make about 12 endings :] I'll post it in here when I'm done.

I did a subspace animation, like a year ago, but it was pretty sucky. I used stick figures and looked choppy. I posted in here somewhere, I don't know if the link still works. If I find it, I'll post it in this thread

Oh and if you wanna put some 3d in flash, use swift3d... it's awesome
                      :groovy:.fm
                      toucanlam.com

Comment

I've been working with a higher frame rate and been tweaking weight transition and such tonight, and I thought some of you might like to see the progression of rough keyframes to..rough animation, lol.

I wanted to show a guy swinging a heavy sword. I drew a few choppy keyframes and put them together:

http://img425.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ordchop3sq.swf

After looking it over, I realized that I could exaggerate the weight of the sword more by adding more anticipation into the overall swing- aka bring back the sword even more.

http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?i...rdchop24fm.swf

With the extra frames added in for anticipation, the swing of the sword was starting to look natural. It just seemed to fizzle out near the end, there was no "umph", to let you know the sword is hitting the ground, to let you know he's finally getting rid of the weight. So along with smoothing a few more frames out, I added the character's foot raising and hitting the ground, to reinforce the sword.

http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?i...rdchop30cm.swf

Now I just need to tweak a few things here and there to fully get across the idea of him swinging the heavy sword in a fluid motion (shoulders sagging, ground fx, etc etc), but that's what I did in an hour, it's 2:33am so I'm going to bed now.

Thumbnails abound:

Comment

damn you are good!
                          LA

Comment

Nice.

But why is he holding the hand on the beginning of the blade before he swings in two of the pictures? Looks very unnatural when he ends the swing with both hands on the hilt.

Useless info:
                            A Zweihander is held with one on the hilt and one on above cause it's designed for it.
                            DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                            Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                            Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                            -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Mad skillz, yo.

Comment

Recent Work

Stuff I'm doing for Team Animation-

http://img415.imageshack.us/my.php?i...pusiconqi5.swf

http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?i...llcoloroj8.swf

I'm animating the flash game that they're going to put in the National Smithsonian, and here are some of the things I have so far-

http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?i...raysealwy5.swf

http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?i...unafishci0.swf

My Special Topics/Team animation class is creating short overview of the atlantic ocean food chain with 3D Max/Flash, that will be accessible to the public via a console somewhere in the museum. It's so little kids can learn about the ocean and who eats what, yadda yadda. Well way back when we first starting creating the creatures, the teacher sent some of our work in to a rep of the museum- that work had my little Krill character which they ended up loving. I was asked to do more flash icons and talk about using my Krill character as a guide was thrown around.

After different ideas were tossed around, my teacher decided to have a flash "whack a mole"-type game included with the overview- and she asked me to animate all the characters and stuff for it. Another kid is doing the code but I'll be animating about 9-12 characters for the game. It's going to be good stuff, I'll post more updates as I finish more.

I also have two weeks to finish my Senior project and I need to still finish that freelance animation. Then and only then, can I start Soul-Driven. But yeah, Steven's gonna be famous.

Comment

Working...
                                X