No announcement yet.

Terrell Owens suspended indefinitely by Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's interesting. So if they release him, he would theoretically wind up in the same division or conference and possibly face them in a future game? That's a huge statement considering how close Philly's season is to being at the do-or-die point...and many people say it's ALREADY finished.

A couple months ago, I would have thought it was ridiculous to imagine he intentionally sabatoged the team in order to get out of the contract he didn't want. After all, at the beginning of the season he clearly felt he was getting screwed after what he did last year. It's crazy Tone-style conspiracy talk, but I wouldn't put anything past Rosenhaus now.

Comment

The distraction that this has caused in the locker room and playing field has been the reason as to why they would rather cut ties and just release him. Let it be another teams problem.

I would say the Birds are out of the picture completely, due to the divisional loss's they have had this season. So many injuries prior to the start of the season and during, only to be compounded with the T.O. saga and distractions.

T.O. can go to any team that will take him if released. At this point I would look to see what team is on the border of making the playoff's. That would be the team that would probably take him on. I doubt it would be an NFC East team. More or less I see an AFC team taking him. But whatever team takes him, gets Drew as well.

EDIT: I would actually give MN a shot at picking up T.O. to fill in the missing Moss spot & just because Mike Tice is an idiot.
      Last edited by 404 Not Found; 11-23-2005, 12:19 PM.
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- An arbitrator has upheld the Philadelphia Eagles' four-game suspension of Terrell Owens, and the team has the right to deactivate him

Comment

gg
          Originally posted by Tone
          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
          Originally posted by the_paul
          Gargle battery acid fuckface
          Originally posted by Material Girl
          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Wow, that's pretty f'king suprising. Jeez, this looks pretty bad for TO.

If he's gone for the next 4 with the Eagles, there's still 1-2 games left in the season, right? If the Eagles release him after the suspension, he can still go elsewhere to finish the season. So, is he at least going to be allowed to negotiate with other teams for the last 1-2 games + playoffs? Or is that illegal since he's technically still under contract with Philly?

Or does this mean he's officially toast for the rest of the year?

Comment

He is suspended w/o pay for next 4 games.

Upon end of suspension the Eagles keep him (at home) and pay him for the rest of the season, minus the 4 game suspension $ and he is put on the inactive roster.

Eagles will pay him to sit.

Next year he will be released.

Comment

Whoa, that's crazy. I wonder what the commish thinks of one of the league's most gifted receivers sitting down for 1/3 of the season?

This is bad, bad, bad for the NFL in pretty much all ways. It's a lose-lose-lose situation: TO loses, because he's out of work, and can't play the game he loves. It's bad for the Eagles, because they're out the best WR in the game. It's bad for the NFL, because they're getting publicity for all the wrong reasons, and one of it's main attractions is going to be gone for the next 6 games plus the playoffs.

Geez, and all because the guy can't keep his mouth shut. What a fucking waste.

Comment

I think there might be some positive feeling for the Eagles for standing up to a TO. There is a segment of people out there who are tired of seeing millionaire players act like spoiled children.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
                    He is suspended w/o pay for next 4 games.

Upon end of suspension the Eagles keep him (at home) and pay him for the rest of the season, minus the 4 game suspension $ and he is put on the inactive roster.

Eagles will pay him to sit.

Next year he will be released.
                    No, next preseason he'll be traded.

The Eagles are going to want to, and will get something for him.

Hello Atlanta, and Mike Vick for TO
                    Originally posted by Tone
                    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
                      Hell no. Parcells wouldn't, but if made financial sense, I think Jerry Jones would. I was just making a reference about the Irwin jersey he wore that has added to the shitstorm in PA.

I could see it happening, but I doubt Owens would get traded to anyone in the same conference, much less someone in the same division as the Eagles. Owens will probably wind up somewhere in the AFC next year.

And I said this shit days before the analysts did...

Fans may be fickle, but winning will change anyone's opinion---and Jerry Jones knows this.

Eagles file tampering complaint against Cowboys
                      November 27, 2005

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Philadelphia Eagles have filed a tampering complaint against the Dallas Cowboys after Dallas owner Jerry Jones suggested on a radio show that his team is often interested in players such as suspended wide receiver Terrell Owens.

"In general, I am a risk-taker. We've gone down that road," Jones said when asked if the Cowboys might be interested in Owens. "I probably have a propensity to try and make things work. ... A top receiver could flourish with Drew Bledsoe. That's always appealing."'

Comment

So the latest twist to this debacle, is Senator Arlin Spector wants to investigate this, as he feels it is a violation of Anti-Trust laws.

Spector amazes me. Like there is nothing better for him to be doing as a rep. of our Govt. and State of PA.

Spector is the idiot who also was on the Warren commission that thinks that Kennedy was shot by one gunman. Grandstanding it again for the media.

What a waste of time to be spent on this.
                        Last edited by 404 Not Found; 11-29-2005, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X